Recent Topics

Ads

[Zarbix] Talking about class balance

Let's talk about... everything else
teiloh

Re: [Zarbix] Talking about class balance

Post#191 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:00 am

Wam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:33 am big bounce animation is very noticable... and easy to interupt with taunt from tanks or roar from WL etc if you know how much it will effect them... without BB MSH is pretty bad comparing it to other classes in capable dps players hands.

msh is a nice tool and has decent mobility / surviability but it doesnt do good choppa / sl / bw dmg... and relies heavily on support to be "competitive" with these other classes, a good bw will be doing close to 1.5-2 x the dmg of a MSH which has support. (It lacks heal debuff, its main source of dmg is very counterable, it just has decent mobility with pounce to be annoying) MSH is not really special compared to top Choppa/Mara/Sorcs etc.
I think I agree with you mostly, but their mobility/survivability does help them keep numbers up even if raw power is a bit lower without support.

Ads
mubbl

Post#192 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:22 pm

teiloh wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:00 am
Wam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:33 am big bounce animation is very noticable... and easy to interupt with taunt from tanks or roar from WL etc if you know how much it will effect them... without BB MSH is pretty bad comparing it to other classes in capable dps players hands.

msh is a nice tool and has decent mobility / surviability but it doesnt do good choppa / sl / bw dmg... and relies heavily on support to be "competitive" with these other classes, a good bw will be doing close to 1.5-2 x the dmg of a MSH which has support. (It lacks heal debuff, its main source of dmg is very counterable, it just has decent mobility with pounce to be annoying) MSH is not really special compared to top Choppa/Mara/Sorcs etc.
I think I agree with you mostly, but their mobility/survivability does help them keep numbers up even if raw power is a bit lower without support.
"a bit off" for almost 1/3 of potential dmg, while facing a coutner that order has plenty of. Even squig armor can be countered, if you know how it works.

Draugris

Post#193 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:41 am

Vri wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:39 am
Draugris wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:33 pm Maybe you should take into consideration that Zarbix first interest is not class or server balance but the entertainment of his viewers. He is a lot soloing or running around in duos. This game is made for group/wb based PvP and I don´t see what qualifies him to talk about balance, he is just a dude with an opinion like most of us. There are a lot of people here who play this game for a long time that are more knowledgeable and more trustworthy than him in that regard.
knowledgeable and more trustworthy ? have you tested him ? did you run a background check ?
Watched his streams, enough for my taste.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Vri

Post#194 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:59 pm

Draugris wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:41 am
Draugris wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:33 pm Maybe you should take into consideration that Zarbix first interest is not class or server balance but the entertainment of his viewers. He is a lot soloing or running around in duos. This game is made for group/wb based PvP and I don´t see what qualifies him to talk about balance, he is just a dude with an opinion like most of us. There are a lot of people here who play this game for a long time that are more knowledgeable and more trustworthy than him in that regard.
knowledgeable and more trustworthy ? have you tested him ? did you run a background check ?
You could have said that vs attacking the man.

jonyjones

Post#195 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:23 pm

i come here because i saw tactic that make detaunt on all enmie 20ft within target, move away from dok to go on sw, and squig dont get it you will tell they already have detaunt tactic that is overpowered, and i see pet loose stun, ...

Brutinho

Post#196 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:09 am

I don't know why people are so surprised or even scandalized when someone calls out streamers skills level. There are ways of going about it and this was probably not the best, but it doesn't make it a false statement.

The thruth is that people have different skill levels whether they are a streamer or not and there is nothing wrong about it. If you are very good, it is more likely that you will be welcomed to competitive areas of the game and some might work really hard to improve and eventually participate on that content as well. This is, of course, if you want to participate on such aspects of the game in the first place. If you are so-so or bad you will have other areas of the game that you can enjoy.

Saying that playing well is not rocket science and basically stating 'you only have to do your job' is a bit ridiculous. There are many factors involved on playing well, great and outstanding. Things like knowledge on other classes, their skills and counters, battlefield awareness and probably most important ... reflexes. If you don't act/react to certain situations fast enough you won't win many encounters.

I agree that streamers main objective is not to show their skill as a player but entrain others. Their opinions are not worth more than any other regular joe.

That been said ANY player with good points and make an excellent argument for changes.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Likeaboss

Post#197 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 am

jonyjones wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:23 pm i come here because i saw tactic that make detaunt on all enmie 20ft within target, move away from dok to go on sw
-DOK still has AoE detaunt tactic
-SW has that tactic for year's, maybe even since live, not sure...

Nice try
1/10*
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

jonyjones

Post#198 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 am
jonyjones wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:23 pm i come here because i saw tactic that make detaunt on all enmie 20ft within target, move away from dok to go on sw

Nice try
1/10*
dok have aoe tactic around themselves, not their target like previously
Bad fail
0/10, you even worst than me, how could you? it seems you just pretend to have read, since you dont get it, l2R

Ads
zulnam

Post#199 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Vri wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:59 pm
Draugris wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:41 am

You could have said that vs attacking the man.
Didn't sound like an attack to me. And he's right. The only thing we know for sure that separates Zarbix from any other player is that he has a platform to talk on and fans that are more likely to agree with him.

This does not make him an expert on the subject.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

teiloh

Post#200 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:16 am

jonyjones wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:11 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 am

Nice try
1/10*
dok have aoe tactic around themselves, not their target like previously
Bad fail
0/10, you even worst than me, how could you? it seems you just pretend to have read, since you dont get it, l2R
SW have had that tactic since release. It's the answer to Mara's own detaunt tactic as they're mechanic mirrors.