Recent Topics

Ads

Most needed classes order-side and why are they lacking

Let's talk about... everything else
fabrizio3k

Most needed classes order-side and why are they lacking

Post#1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:36 am

Hi,

which classes right now are the most needed on order side? Classes or roles, if you prefer

And why in your opinion are they lacking? Is it balance, appeal, some other factor?

Ads
agemennon675

Re: Most needed classes order-side and why are they lacking

Post#2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:31 am

Most needed roles/classes on order that will have easier time finding a spot in groups: Tanks:(probably SM the least played, I personally dont like their class mechanic, it feels clunky and IB following it(aka bucket tank offers mostly single target buffs while other tanks have more group utility) is being played less than kotbs but any tank would find a group) DPS: Slayer, its just better than any other order dps, can work both in small scale and large scale, you can also stack them in warbands(many do), I suspect only reason this class is not getting played in mass is because appearance, Healers: Probably RP is the least played hence most needed healer, I've never seen a lack of Warrior Priest on order side, and since AM is a Big Squishy target people prefer RP, WP but any healer could find a spot in groups easily. I just tried to help you with the meta, if any information above is wrong its probably because my lack of understanding the game so feel free to correct me :)
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 am

By tanks they mean snb, not 2h. Or at least ones that guard and follow their dps.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:41 am

fabrizio3k wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:36 am Hi,

which classes right now are the most needed on order side? Classes or roles, if you prefer

And why in your opinion are they lacking? Is it balance, appeal, some other factor?
i see in general tanks are number 1 need and healers right after them.

VindicoAtrum

Post#5 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:44 am

Tanks are most needed on both sides by some way. Every city (endgame instances) it's ALWAYS people spamming "/5 LFG 2 tanks for 12/24 man" etc

Sundowner

Post#6 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:49 am

Tanks and mdps

Gurf

Post#7 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 am

Tanks for order , when in warbands pug or premade it's always hard getting enough tanks

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:47 am

These arguments are based on endgame demand, especially for city warbands and the occasional dungeon content for BIS item gearing.

Highest demand:
-Swordmaster, tank
-Knight, tank
-Runepriest, healer
-Warriorpriest, healer

Medium demand:
-Slayer, melee dps, excellent ST and AoE specs
-Bright Wizard, magic dps, good ST and excellent AoE specs
-Ironbreaker, tank - bit more complex than SM/Knight, still OK

Low demand:
-Archmage, healer, hard to master and first target to be nuked, weaker on survivability
-Engi, good AoE and ST dps, but literally 1/5th of Order plays this class so oversupply exists
-SW, good ranged AoE and ST melee dps, but again another 1/5th of Order plays this class, oversupply
-White Lion, AoE/ST? dps, spin to win, OK aoe, but not as great as Slayer
-2hander tanks, some demand but more risky now after guard nerfs (SM, knight, IB)

Almost no demand:
-dps AM, good for sologameplay
-dps WP, could do something, not really popular
-dps RP, kinda got nerfhammered a bit too much
-Witch Hunter, ok 1v1 melee class, you can probably play solo, unless you have connections you probably won't be getting invites

Classes can be good like SW/Engi, but oversupply is a thing when you defending keep and half of your screen is filled with these classes. 2h tanks are semi good, but again depending on situation there may be greater demand for shielded tanks, same with heals, while they can do some dps, groups usually want them as healers.

You can have fun on any class regardless, and should just enjoy the game - random buffs and nerfs may suddenly bump or shrink the demand for some classes one year or another.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:49 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:47 am These arguments are based on endgame demand, especially for city warbands and the occasional dungeon content for BIS item gearing.

Highest demand:
-Any class that has a 5s cooldown decreaser. Have to take SM b/c they got it.
-Knight, tank
-Runepriest, healer
-Warriorpriest, healer

stuff
Fixed that for you. :P

Sponn
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:19 am

Tanks and slayers and runepriests/warriorpriests

cant go wrong with any of those choices