Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Do you like new armor appearance chang?

No please revert it back to normal
71%
Yes leave it as is now
29%
Total votes: 303

Kragg

Re: [Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Post#21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:28 am

Let's not follow in Mythics footsteps, shall we? Fashionhammer is important. Grimmsch speaks truth on the matter, both factions should see it. Especially if high RR rewards will be cosmetic in nature.

Furthermore, after we got the ability to roleplay in PVE, it seems odd that we lose the option to actually appear to the enemy as we want.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Panodil

Post#22 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:51 am

Poll should be aoperance or performance.
Some kind of fix for performance is needed very much.

The horrible lag you get in wbs after keep/zoning should be highest priority
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

soldude

Post#23 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:27 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 am Well I think we have a clear answer here already. Guess we will just need to keep the changes.
75% say return back. what?

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:40 pm

morglor wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:09 pm if this makes the game run better then i am all for the changes.
This. If it makes oRvR less choppy because the game doesn't have to look for/load extra models for the enemy faction, I'm all for it.

Plus, nomore hiding your full Sov under the starter gear as some people like to do.

Drednes

Post#25 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:24 pm

hope they revert the change
everyone looking default and not stylised is not fun or worth the performance boost (imo)
makes the appearance function half worthless if enemies cant see you in your full glory!

masterzenith

Post#26 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:39 pm

In one context I love seeing how people look in their own fashion.

In another context, I don't care what my opponents look like during a 100 man fight IF this change helps performance out in some measurable way. If my FPS goes up due to this change, then good. If it doesn't, give me fashionhammer.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#27 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:53 pm

soldude wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:27 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 am Well I think we have a clear answer here already. Guess we will just need to keep the changes.
A quick reminder that the poll does not reflect the whole community, but a tiny segment of it. So even a high percentage will not refute a decision taken, but it will surely deliver a message.

Gathering data and opinions over time, in order to see the true impact of that change on the game's performance, will be key to evaluate this change.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:53 pm
soldude wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:27 am
A quick reminder that the poll does not reflect the whole community, but a tiny segment of it. So even a high percentage will not refute a decision taken, but it will surely deliver a message.

Gathering data and opinions over time, in order to see the true impact of that change on the game's performance, will be key to evaluate this change.
I was being facetious about making a poll in the first place. Sometimes development happens and it might suck, but that doesn't mean popular opinion will necessarily make it un-happen. How many times we simply endure negative feedback due to necessary changes, or fixing things that had been obviously broken for so long that people forgot they were never intended to be that way, well it's just a curse of doing development.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
zolio
Community Management

Post#29 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Performance over looks ? Sorry performance wins. I don"t care what they see, I just want the game to run at its best. If looks have to be sacrificed then SO BE IT. .

NSKaneda

Post#30 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:31 pm

I've got this uneasy feeling that "performance" means people too scared to test themselves and wanting visual crutch to feel good about themselves.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *