Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Do you like new armor appearance chang?

No please revert it back to normal
71%
Yes leave it as is now
29%
Total votes: 303

adapter
Suspended

Re: [Poll] Do you like new armor appearance change?

Post#61 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm one of those players that farm Royal Crests just because of having an extra appearance to wear around the week. Also farming INF in every chapter, so this new change hits me hard in the liver, i don't like it at all, all that time spent in getting appearances so i could look cool in the battlefield.

Now I feel with no motivation to even play the game, im a fashionable git, i play for appearances.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#62 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:54 pm

adapter wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:54 pm Now I feel with no motivation to even play the game, im a fashionable git, i play for appearances.

Main reason I started playing order. I know how my des uniform looks like before personalisation. I'm NOT going out there looking like that ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

space44

Post#63 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:13 pm

adapter wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:54 pm I'm one of those players that farm Royal Crests just because of having an extra appearance to wear around the week. Also farming INF in every chapter, so this new change hits me hard in the liver, i don't like it at all, all that time spent in getting appearances so i could look cool in the battlefield.

Now I feel with no motivation to even play the game, im a fashionable git, i play for appearances.
+1, it was never an issue for all these years the server was out. why is it an issue now that we cant have the game showing its full art potential
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#64 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am

space44 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:13 pm Now I feel with no motivation to even play the game, im a fashionable git, i play for appearances.
We don't do these changes to kick people out of the community or to bother them, we test things, that's the nature of the project. And through constructive and viable feedback, we improve what can be improved and that's exactly what we're going to do regarding this matter. I hope you didn't only express your discontent here, and filled the survey in-game?

-
space44 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:01 pm did i miss something im pretty sure its this month 23rd that results will show about the surveys.
We extended the survey to the whole weekend in order to allow more people to vote. We have the data and we'll share it soon.

To give a quick answer to the two topics that were created, the majority noticed no performance enhancement in-game, after the appearance change. More details will be shared soon.

-
And one last thing, the majority of the players voted nothing. Absolutely nothing, they didn't provide feedback and simply closed the survey.

When you're given the opportunity to share your voice, please do...

adapter
Suspended

Post#65 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am
We don't do these changes to kick people out of the community or to bother them, we test things, that's the nature of the project. And through constructive and viable feedback, we improve what can be improved and that's exactly what we're going to do regarding this matter. I hope you didn't only express your discontent here, and filled the survey in-game?

Yes, survey have been answered. Kinda weird thou, messing up the game and then ask how bad things are? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Ask for the player base what they think about this possible new change. But RoR devs seem to just ram it up, screw up first and then ask why it's wrong. Do the survey first, get feedback and then implement something. That's how things should be.

Now we all look so weird to each other, whenever i fight i see unfashionable characters, ugly looking, weird looking. Feels so weird.

#revertit
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#66 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:31 am

adapter wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 am Yes, survey have been answered. Kinda weird thou, messing up the game and then ask how bad things are? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Ask for the player base what they think about this possible new change. But RoR devs seem to just ram it up, screw up first and then ask why it's wrong. Do the survey first, get feedback and then implement something. That's how things should be.

Now we all look so weird to each other, whenever i fight i see unfashionable characters, ugly looking, weird looking. Feels so weird.

#revertit
As I said the results will be shared, I will send the links tonight - Max was uploading them on the website. You will see how close the results are, if half of the community likes the change while the other half doesn't, was it really a game mess-up? It might be for you, but not for the others. We will talk internally about the results and come up with a solution that suits the community, but also one that accounts for both opinions.

As for my personal opinion, I agree with you that surveys are meant to be done before a major change, in most cases it would save devs some time but it could also lack the basic testing for players to experience that change. Both ways are not perfect, but your point is clear and understood.

Mistdancer

Post#67 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:35 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:31 am
adapter wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 am Yes, survey have been answered. Kinda weird thou, messing up the game and then ask how bad things are? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Ask for the player base what they think about this possible new change. But RoR devs seem to just ram it up, screw up first and then ask why it's wrong. Do the survey first, get feedback and then implement something. That's how things should be.

#revertit
As I said the results will be shared, I will send the links tonight - Max was uploading them on the website. You will see how close the results are, if half of the community likes the change while the other half doesn't, was it really a game mess-up? It might be for you, but not for the others. We will talk internally about the results and come up with a solution that suits the community, but also one that accounts for both opinions.

As for my personal opinion, I agree with you that surveys are meant to be done before a major change, in most cases it would save devs some time but it could also lack the basic testing for players to experience that change. Both ways are not perfect, but your point is clear and understood.
The issue here is, that even if the survey results are close, the ones who answered in favor of the change never expressed discontent or discomfort beforehand. Therefore, their opinion on the issue is not based on involvement or investment but rather on indifference. That means, that on a structural/value level, their opinion is not of the same weight as those who are pro-appearance.

The "fashionhammer" community has had an active and stable opinion on the matter before the survey. Those people that comprise it did not formulate it based on an issue that may or may not have arisen (aka "people using gear to hide their skill" or "performance boost").

That means that you are comparing opinions that care versus opinions that do not care /that are cynical about the matter / that could have it either way /that acquired a counter stance on the matter rather than a stand alone stance with a certain historicity.

Lets not compare the incomparable.

That means that it was a game mess up, yes.

Jaffawer

Post#68 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Why would anyone care if the other side can see my transmog or not? I personalyl don't care what type of scrap a random orc managed to duct tape on itself this time...
Archmage - Ealleas Silverscroll, rr80+
Swordmaster - Eallethril Goldwing, rr60+
White Lion - Koranthir Swiftstrider, WIP

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#69 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm Why would anyone care if the other side can see my transmog or not? I personalyl don't care what type of scrap a random orc managed to duct tape on itself this time...

Empathy lvl +100.

With alt app (transmog) you can fix broken sets - almost all of them are v i s u a l l y mismatched. You can use your favourite shield (size matters!). You can work around weird sticking out bits that make your toon way taller than it should be (magus horns are a prime example of that). You can make your guild look like they're one unit to recognize each other on the battlefield (Bitterstones are a prime example of that). And last but not least: your enemies will fight you personally, not another copy paste mob in "lvl indicator visuals" which you can't really see outside of 1v1 anyway.
It also makes a lot of players feel better about their characters, having spent dozens of hours getting that toon to look just right.
And killing same looking mobs one after the other, day after day is boring af.

Just because you don't care doesn't make it meaningless. If anything it shows your attitude towards others.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Mistdancer

Post#70 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:06 pm

Jaffawer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm Why would anyone care if the other side can see my transmog or not? I personalyl don't care what type of scrap a random orc managed to duct tape on itself this time...
This exact quote proves my above point 100%. If one "does not care" for an issue, their opinion holds lesser validity than someone's who cares for the same issue.