Recent Topics

Ads

Oppression, day after day

Let's talk about... everything else
Fey

Re: Oppression, day after day

Post#11 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:22 am

Back in the days of live it seemed like Order was better as their strong crit stacking mitigated destruction's very strong proc meta. IMO this was a positive because Destro has always had the more appealing race/class combos. Destro is just cooler, and that is not insignificant.

I quit destro with BTC and we went to order over a year ago. I'm still having fun, but I'm playing alts, and my guild is long gone. Once they got their Sov sets there was no reason to log on.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Gurf

Post#12 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am

Population was always going to flow to Destro when Squig Herder changes came in. The population does change but overall in the last year I think Destro has had population advantage for about 80% of the time. Right now it is as bad as its ever been with continual 60-70% Destro pop, meaning in EU time you never get to see a City any more

A few changes didn't help though, like giving Squig Herders all the cc in the world, i'm sure its fun to play that class but it raises the question why play any other class. Solo roaming as a Order MDPS is pretty depressing now with the lakes full of Shaman and SH. SH ranged knockdown should be removed, (as it should be from BW for balance).

WL has been continually nerfed and MSW nerfed, not that there is massive class imbalance but things like nerfing Pounce remove fun and attractiveness from a class, also now Pounce has been given out to everyone else and lots of other one way mirroring there is an erosion of what is unique about Order classes.

Also there appears to be a locking down of the terrain which doesn't help the vast numbers of Engis Order has who get steamrolled in open fields #freetheterrain

Sponn
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 am

Destro classes are just more fun to play.

Destro classes are more "whole" as a singular unit - which, surprise surprise - makes for strong groups even when pugging and naturally the heavy melee distribution of classes (assuming a normal distribution of players over time) means that destro is self correcting and naturally wants to form the meleeball.

People want to have fun, imagine.

They seem to have better animations, armor looks better, you can definitely tell where the original devs from MYTHIC spent most of their time. I mean IC beats the crap out of Altdorf in terms of intractability and neat little things about.

Destro just do it better. Even Order mains agree.

Same reason people on Order are attracted to Engi - they are a pretty complete as whole class, you can be tanky and have armor tactics, you do good dmg with just ballistic stacking in grenadier tree, you have a self heal and a magnet. Good class.
Last edited by Sponn on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

mekal

Post#14 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:03 am

Spoiler:
wonshot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:39 pm
Topdude wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:18 pm Second, there's much more of a mentality of skirmishing rather than ranking and taking zones. Along with that is the solo mentality, the loss of playing as a group and the benefits that result by buffs and guards. Perhaps this is because of a drop in morale that order will have any success trying to build a zone when zergs of Destro will just zone in and squash us.
This is probably a direct result of more and more players reaching their Best in slot, or gear where they just want to actually battle and use this gear they have worked for.
If the siegeing and zonelocking were more fun, geared players would probably pay more attention to the campaign. But rushing 2 stars for you to then stand on your mount and watch four tanks play a ramming minigame is not have an organized guild want to spend their 2-3 hours of Guild event.

An as for the order population, since i lately have been researching if i would bother coming back to the server and playing it pretty hardcore again, it kinda shocked me how there are 3 alliances who pretty much have the exact same semi-hardcore approch and does the same thing. Those 3 could probably had been merged if there was an interest in making Order have an impact on the map, but that is not the case and all the more power to them for doing their own thing. Again, lack of campaign driven appeal.
thia guy gets it i personally know of at least 15 players that have reached BiS on destro toons that have now swapped over so whats to the same for order

there is 0 incentive to play maxed out chars besides stomping new chars which imo just isnt fun

Nekkma

Post#15 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 am

I consider myself as maining destro but have been playing more order last few weeks as there is nothing to fight on destro. The population difference has been as bad as I have ever experience on this server and paired with the amount of SHs, rvr is borderline unplayable if you don't like zerg vs zerg. Luckily, order get instant scenario pops.

As a side note, for solo/duo/trio the current rSH situation is worse than the guardian WL situation imo.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ysaran

Post#16 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:40 am

Gurf wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am The population does change but overall in the last year I think Destro has had population advantage for about 80% of the time.
LoL, how could you know? you play from less than 6 months (you can see when a person has created his account by clicking on his name).
I can tell you that 3 or 4 months ago Order had way bigger numbers than Destru (I was actually there, so I can tell).
About SH, a lot of ppl switched to order when Devs reworked SW. it's a pathological behavior, it happens every time a class get a buffs. With time ppl will switch back to what they were playing before the rework.
Zputadenti

Gurf

Post#17 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:57 am

Ysaran wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:40 am
Gurf wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am The population does change but overall in the last year I think Destro has had population advantage for about 80% of the time.
LoL, how could you know? you play from less than 6 months (you can see when a person has created his account by clicking on his name).
I can tell you that 3 or 4 months ago Order had way bigger numbers than Destru (I was actually there, so I can tell).
About SH, a lot of ppl switched to order when Devs reworked SW. it's a pathological behavior, it happens every time a class get a buffs. With time ppl will switch back to what they were playing before the rework.

I have played for almost exactly year now since the start of lockdowns. When I started at the start of 2020 Destro had much larger pop, then Order had a period few months ago when they had 55% population on average after SW changes, which lasted about 2-3 months, now back to Destro pop advantage again. So 8-9 months out of 12 (about 80%) of the time Destro had population advantage last year.

sighy

Post#18 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 am

Gurf wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:57 am
Ysaran wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:40 am

I have played for almost exactly year now since the start of lockdowns. When I started at the start of 2020 Destro had much larger pop, then Order had a period few months ago when they had 55% population on average after SW changes, which lasted about 2-3 months, now back to Destro pop advantage again. So 8-9 months out of 12 (about 80%) of the time Destro had population advantage last year.
During the Lazypeon influx it was mostly in favor of Order, from what i recall... altho it's less noticable when you got 1k+vs1k+

The pop fluctuates a lot based on a lot of factors not necessarily based around the latest balance changes like guild/aliance drama, new games coming out, fresh rework for one of the classes, fulfilled bis, etc.

Ads
derKleineKerl

Post#19 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:46 am

I personally like the aoo lots of renown to farm.

Drekan

Post#20 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:18 pm

Order only sit(suck?) at keep, bo or warcamp... Its no matter of pop or organisation. Or msh patch.

Go for roam and get some fight instead of perma camp somwhere
Elizerain Thex