Recent Topics

Ads

If a Destro sees a WL 'riding' in their direction...don't worry!

Let's talk about... everything else
Jastojan

Re: If a Destro sees a WL 'riding' in their direction...don't worry!

Post#21 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 am

Nekkma wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:43 am The point is that the old pounce (and by that I mean 65 feet, damage and no cd) was a class defining skill which greatly impacted how you played a WL. The WL was the only melee that could reliably assist on rdps. This allowed for fast target switching over fairly long distance. You could go in and harass enemy backlines alone and pounce back to safety. This made playing a WL different from any other mdps. That was a great thing. Class diversity at its finest.

Now the initial adjustments on this server (cd and speed increase) did not change the way it played by that much (although i think it was not needed). But handing out this unique skill left and right and then reducing the range just destroy the selling point of WL. The WL had great mobility with frontloaded burst. Relative other classes both of those are gone. Why play the WL then?
I understand and agree when it comes to class diversity etc. I am not fan of this nerf anyway.
When you write about class diversity - hand in hand comes the whole elven race as "jumping" fraction - shadow warrior(shadowstep), SM (morale jump) and WL and his pounce. Elves on order side are a synonym of high mobility and fast moving from palce to place for me. Idk where are we heading right now, but it looks like some1 wants to this server to be even more "pro-ranged" oriented.
Last edited by Jastojan on Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Korhill

Post#22 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 am

What Nekkma said. I played RoR because of the WL. In AoR the WL was not in a good spot but it was a fun class due his class defining abilities and therfore I started to play the class again.

But now I will rather play my MSH. He has better burst, Sustained damage and utility. And you just need one path and get so much out of it.
And the best thing is, if you get bored or for siege you can switch anytime to range. And RSH is in a very good spot too.

There is no need anymore to level up two different classes (for range and close combat) . My time is limited and the SH seems perfect for that.

Korhill

Post#23 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:18 am

Fey wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:07 am WL will now have to play like a mdps instead of rdps. So sad.
You can play a rdps and be a better mdps too.

Miaso

Post#24 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:37 am

Not sure why you would ever play WL over Slayer now, MSH still has its escape options and survivability which WL doesn’t have, plus they don’t have Goblins to deal with, so probably won’t feel it as much. Not sure the reason for such a big change why not reduce it by 5ft or something small first to see if that has the desired effect.

sighy

Post#25 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:43 am

Tbh I've seen people defend the state of WLs, when they were super overpowered for years. Which is no longer the case(thank god). Given how problematic WLs have been, in the past baby steps to rebuffing them seem like a wise approach so that they don't become as oppressive as they were before the nerfs. To my understanding the lack of damage component meant that you couldn't really dismount people well among other things leading to some quality of life bothers.

While it for sure is gonna be a pain to adjust and may take some mastey tree experimenting it could potentially make your life easier, in some situations.

Sundowner

Post#26 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:12 am

I mean as I understand nerf to pounce range was to make rdps life easier, because complaints were made that melee ball was much stronger? Literally, has implementator of this change played game on orginized level? First thing you learn as wl is that thou shall not pounce, becase 1) you probably will land outside guard range, 2) you won't kill catser either way if he is guarded+healed.

So, are we catering to pugs who don't know how to guard/position or solo range players? totally unnecesarry change to both wl and msh.

Jildaz

Post#27 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:37 am

WL was only overpowered with the Guardian spec scaling with wounds/toughness 2 years ago. Any decent player has no fear from WL since then. WL is probably the worst class for proper 6v6, the class is only good at killing target assisting Rdps while taking high risk to pounce in enemy backlanes. One proper tank will complelty cancel you, and kill you.

I wonder how can still ppl think WL is good, there's no more burst since CS was nerfed and dmg multiplier buff not stacking anymore.
Ofc you will still OS some players but they would die to any class, and its always those same who have no clue how to spec who cries.

I can see some coments from destro players here who has no clue about WL because they never switched side. Give me a WL with all the SH tools they have currently and you'll understand pretty quickly how OP it is.
SH currently : Rdps , Can be tankier than tanks in melee (just like 2 years ago WL) Can pounce, Can knock down, can disarm, can silence, can Punt and Self KB, Have a pet which does more dmg than any dps for 10 sec every minute, And most importantly can Detaunt from Range, you guys forget than Mdps cant detaunt Rdps. This class can detaunt our Rdps and then pounce wihtout any punishing risk.

I never complained about the constant nerfs WL got, but this is too much, hence i havent played WL for month because you know what ? My IB can deliver more dmg with more sustain and tankiness.

This class was unique because of its special movements ability, high mobility high risk (ofc i am still talking about organised ennemy, i dont care about killing randoms who dies to knight anyway). There's nothing left to WL that other class have already and does it better. Why WL could burst taht way ? because they didnot have anything more than big burst except armor debuff compare to other Mdps debuff kit or tactic (hello marauders)
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Winry

Post#28 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:49 am

WL is a dead class might as well reroll SH.

Ads
Neverever

Post#29 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:55 am

Too many cat trears under this thread. And some even claim that MSH has more burst than WL. Now, isn't that hilarious 😆? Ironic the same people cried about Run Away tactic.. and what were you expecting to get that quintessential gobbo tactic nerfed without having all your counter-tools touched ? I think now it is fairly balanced just as you have asked. Enjoy it!

Gurf

Post#30 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:07 pm

I don't like to be critical of the Developers but this makes absolutely no sense to me and could only have been done by people who have never played White Lion.

The Pounce was already unreliable and would jump you to where a player was rather where they actually are, usually it jumps you out of guard range and into range of enemy rdps, so was always a risk.

WL pull is already gimped and inferior to Mara pull so barely used. WL damage is average, can't get the crit levels anywhere near Mara levels with many damage tactics tied to using pet. It's heal debuff outgoing instead of incoming. About the only thing it had going for it and about the main thing fun about the class was mobility, now that is gone what is left?