Recent Topics

Ads

Some questions about Chosen and strength.

Let's talk about... everything else
ashton007

Some questions about Chosen and strength.

Post#1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:20 pm

Howdy everyone, I often hear people say that strength is a weak stat for Chosen but no one seems to have the formula for that and so i was just wondering if anyone out there might know more about it. Second i was wondering if that applies to melee power or just the strength. TIA 8-)

Ads
ashton007

Re: Some questions about Chosen and strength.

Post#2 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:26 pm

I’m guessing no one knows. Any devs mind?

Ysaran

Post#3 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Well, melee power scale in the same way as strenght. so what goes for strenght goes also for melee power. I don't play chosen, so, sadly, i can't tell you if strenght is usefull or not for chosens. althought, your post is a bit vague. so maybe if you add some details on what you are asking for, maybe someone more expert than me will care to answer you
Zputadenti

ashton007

Post#4 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:30 pm Well, melee power scale in the same way as strenght. so what goes for strenght goes also for melee power. I don't play chosen, so, sadly, i can't tell you if strenght is usefull or not for chosens. althought, your post is a bit vague. so maybe if you add some details on what you are asking for, maybe someone more expert than me will care to answer you
Well i just hear a lot of players say that str is a nerfed stat for chosen but no one ever seems to know by what margin. I'm just trying to find out what the str formula is for a chosen.

Mizeravel89

Post#5 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:46 am

Chosen damage is indeed very low with direct damage abilities (relentless, or ravage, etc), such skills and strength stacking are not worth imo.

Even with strength capped, the damage is very low against baseline resist target (Assuming you debuffed his resists, and someone else buffed by about the same ammount). Stacking weaponskill (and sticking to physical only skills) could be a thing, but I believe its still far off from a BG or BO armor debuffing the target and using 10% crit / initiative debuff.

Fey

Post#6 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:21 am

BO and BG are currently better tanks for 2-hand. Chosen 2-hand needs high RR and gear, and other than better punt and decent damage you don't gain much from dropping shield. I assume demonclaw stacks with pots, so you could push your strength up to 800 range. Ignore Weaponskill your damage is spirit with 2-hand.

As a SnB i like to have 400 str so i dont get parried all the time. You can't always hit stuff in the back, and its infuriating especially when you get parried by someone who's knocked down. Even in snb your probably using str pot, or if not you have the aura option, so that helps.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan