Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#621 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:22 am

Banjomissen wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:20 am
Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:26 am Had 22 order dps and 2 tanks in our recent city instance. Apparently order just don't bother and just join with whatever they have. Zero intention to play vital classes or even archetypes for a warband I guess.
Before anyone talks about class balance, order in general has to stop to play dps classes en mass, or this will never change.
So... Order players should just reroll to a meta class... that's fuuny it's always the answer. It's not it takes time... oh yeah... like that Destro dude... 4month full Sove gear... * casual play *

When Destro players are encouraged to reroll Order in order to get a spot in a city siege they always cry that it's too much work to reroll and somekind of "I queued but didn't get in, give me a bonus" is the right solution.
I got my lvl 1->40 and Warlord for aSW within month of character creation and you tell us 4 month for Sov is acomplishment :o

Ads
Banjomissen

Post#622 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:37 am

I'm saying it's not casual and for most players it takes awhile to get a character to that gear level.

Sulorie

Post#623 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:26 am Had 22 order dps and 2 tanks in our recent city instance. Apparently order just don't bother and just join with whatever they have. Zero intention to play vital classes or even archetypes for a warband I guess.
Before anyone talks about class balance, order in general has to stop to play dps classes en mass, or this will never change.
So... Order players should just reroll to a meta class... that's fuuny it's always the answer. It's not it takes time... oh yeah... like that Destro dude... 4month full Sove gear... * casual play *

When Destro players are encouraged to reroll Order in order to get a spot in a city siege they always cry that it's too much work to reroll and somekind of "I queued but didn't get in, give me a bonus" is the right solution.
Did I wrote something about meta classes? I consider having tanks and healers in your party vital for your warband to succeed. When all collectively decide to play (r)dps and refuse to play anything else to build warbands, the blame is on order. Someone wants to play dps? Good, join a guild and decide beforehand, who goes on dps and in next city others get their turn.
Don't believe anything some "Destro dude" is telling you, as this statement is just hyperbolic or highly depends on time zone, as being "casual" and participating in early morning raids as EU player is highly unlikely.
Dying is no option.

Sofong

Post#624 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:16 pm

lmao.... 4 royals a day is hardcore? 2 green 1 blue bag from rvr give 3 royals alrdy, could get 10+ a day if going real hardcore and have no life. thanks to the order zerg anyways, everyday i log in getting keep d ticks and zone locks and rolls and 150vs50 fort def everywhere, thanks for constantly pushing IC im gearing up my 3rd sov char i guess.

Darkercraig

Post#625 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:59 am

Why do they not just limit Picking characters on 1 side only.

Then all they would have to do is limit server population and introduce a que at login.

Is an easy fix and would fix the unbalance problem this game has always had since the beginning.

Darkercraig (Ruin) (The guild that got falsely blamed for this server imbalance first time around)

Feuerzehe

Post#626 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:57 am

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:22 am

I got my lvl 1->40 and Warlord for aSW within month of character creation and you tell us 4 month for Sov is acomplishment :o
And just for info most of us have to work so please think a little before post something stupid like this

Feuerzehe

Post#627 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:57 am

;)
M0rw47h wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:22 am

And just for info most of us have to work so please think a little before post something stupid like this ;)

minenda

Post#628 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 am

well to be honest order tank and healer kinda look like ****.... that probably why there is less of these archetype. If i choose to play tank or healer i would go destro. ( the only healer i kinda like on order is archemage and people dont bring him to city... )

Ads
Rapzel

Post#629 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 am

minenda wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 am well to be honest order tank and healer kinda look like ****.... that probably why there is less of these archetype. If i choose to play tank or healer i would go destro. ( the only healer i kinda like on order is archemage and people dont bring him to city... )
Too bad people that play premade WB bring AM to city.
The fact that people have ideas does not make their ideas facts.
AM being bad is just plain stupid, something thought up by some PUG WB leader that then has spread like wildfire among order PUGs.
A good AM player with the correct spec and gear can compete with a WP/RP in raw healing numbers, there's a skill gap between the 3 careers where AM has the highest.
So why do people bring AM if they need to play well to compete with the other two healers? Puddle + absorbs + buff covers + morale pump.
Order pugs also still seem to believe engineer is a bad career in city. Then kassakadkukukduku (it's some permutation of those letters I think) and Egyptpower shows up and annihilate the damage scoreboard with their "bad damage", so is it engi that's bad or does the problem exist in-between the keyboard and chair?

Farrul

Post#630 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 amI consider having tanks and healers in your party vital for your warband to succeed. When all collectively decide to play (r)dps and refuse to play anything else to build warbands, the blame is on order. Someone wants to play dps? Good, join a guild and decide beforehand, who goes on dps and in next city others get their turn.
Don't believe anything some "Destro dude" is telling you, as this statement is just hyperbolic or highly depends on time zone, as being "casual" and participating in early morning raids as EU player is highly unlikely.
Of course it is easy to blame people, but to find out the truth it is necessary to go deeper and try to understand underlying issues.

So, why does Order prefer mass ranged dps?

First of all i do not believe player mentality differs between the factions, humans/players regardless of playing Order/Destro or in any other game always have the tendency to seek the path of less resistance. Therefore to me it is obvious that there may be a balance issue with several of the Order classes underperforming a bit in comparison to their more attractive Destro counterparts, this could logically explain why Destro enjoys a greater class diversity and never seems to lack important class roles, it could also be a case of destro class synergy advantage that makes gameplay overall more smooth & enjoyable for this faction, or a combination of both.

If i was in the dev team of RoR , I would start with a deep look at Order tanks(SM/IB/Kotbs). Here is the real issue imho, when there is a tank shortage the whole chain collapses, melee dps will become less attractive(no guard/protection) healers will struggle making those two also decrease in numbers, who will thrive in this environment? Ranged dps.

Order tanks:
1)Kotbs: Perhaps the best tank in game, problem? They are not allowed to have a ''fun'' spec, their 2 - hand spec is lackluster meanwhile Chosens can go dps if they want. This will naturally lead to lower numbers(players losing interest, variety is the key).

2)Swordmaster: A less appealing alternative to the Black orcs, cumbersome stuff like a 5 second parry buff on a class that needs to manage stance/dance, important group buffs not reliable as Black orc(there is a decent suggestion thread on SM) then add aesthetics(Archmages with swords) doesn't make it any better. At least mechanics need to be on par with the Black orc. In my experience the least played tank on Order side(Yes i definitely see more ironbreakers)

3)Ironbreakers: tanky decent personal guard, problem? There is just too much to manage, makes it cumbersome and annoying gameplay. Look at increasing buff timers or condense/merge a few of them.
Last edited by Farrul on Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.