Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#611 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:26 am

Had 22 order dps and 2 tanks in our recent city instance. Apparently order just don't bother and just join with whatever they have. Zero intention to play vital classes or even archetypes for a warband I guess.
Before anyone talks about class balance, order in general has to stop to play dps classes en mass, or this will never change.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#612 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:41 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:26 am Had 22 order dps and 2 tanks in our recent city instance. Apparently order just don't bother and just join with whatever they have. Zero intention to play vital classes or even archetypes for a warband I guess.
Before anyone talks about class balance, order in general has to stop to play dps classes en mass, or this will never change.
Anybody who doesn't form a group should expect to lose and their scenario to be a waste of time.

Earthcake

Post#613 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:36 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:26 am Had 22 order dps and 2 tanks in our recent city instance. Apparently order just don't bother and just join with whatever they have. Zero intention to play vital classes or even archetypes for a warband I guess.
Same players play both sides.
On one side they play tanks, on the other they only play rdps.
May it be that on one side tanks are stronger than on the other side ?
Buff order tanks, more ppl WILL play them (for sure, look at the jump in goblin population after certain buffs, or nerfs to their "natural counters").
In turn that will enable ppl to play mdps cause it's pointless to play mdps with no tanks.
Then you now have a frontline, so ppl will also play more healers.

Try it for a month, success guaranteed or you get refunded.

wachlarz

Post#614 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:44 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:41 am
Anybody who doesn't form a group should expect to lose and their scenario to be a waste of time.
all who make premade group should expect a empty instance and win in 1m. wate of time fight in pug

Meliannia

Post#615 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:30 am

Earthcake wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:36 am
Buff order tanks, more ppl WILL play them (for sure, look at the jump in goblin population after certain buffs, or nerfs to their "natural counters").
In turn that will enable ppl to play mdps cause it's pointless to play mdps with no tanks.

Perfect sense, thus it will be ignored or disparaged, or silenced.

Caduceus

Post#616 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:54 am

I've played both sides extensively, and in my experience RoR is quite balanced at the level of organized warbands.

The suggestion to then use class balance as a means to change class distribution sounds like a disaster, honestly.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Sulorie

Post#617 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:55 am

That's BS. Nobody in their right mind plays coordinated on destro with proper class setup and then logs order to lose every time, because they solo queue with dps. They wouldn't xrealm for a guaranteed loss.
Those who want to win at least form a warband with some archetype balance.
Many players play both sides, yes but those who do form premades on both sides.
Why bother to xrealm in order to lose? Waste of time.

Chosen stronger than kotbs? You kidding.
BO CDR easier to use, ok. This still doesn't matter as all you need is proper guarding, challenge rotation and defensive moral usage, which all tanks can do.
Saying that order tanks are too weak and therefore people play order rdps only to lose every time is quite some mental gymnastics. Not convincing to say the least.
Dying is no option.

Earthcake

Post#618 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:09 am

1 year ago there were like 3 goblins on the server.
Then WL got nerfed several times = we saw more goblins
Then SH were buffed = we saw more goblins

Continue thinking ppl don't play the classes they perceive as strong and that they play the weakest of the weakest on purpose so they lose again and again...

As i said, try it for a month and see, if that doesn't work, changes can be reverted.

And maybe the balance is reached when 8/8/8 vs 8/8/8, except this only works for like 4 instances, after that, all the other order WBs are left LF tanks that they will never find.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#619 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:10 am

Earthcake wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:09 am 1 year ago there were like 3 goblins on the server.
Then WL got nerfed several times = we saw more goblins
Then SH were buffed = we saw more goblins

Continue thinking ppl don't play the classes they perceive as strong and that they play the weakest of the weakest on purpose so they lose again and again...

As i said, try it for a month and see, if that doesn't work, changes can be reverted.

And maybe the balance is reached when 8/8/8 vs 8/8/8, except this only works for like 4 instances, after that, all the other order WBs are left LF tanks that they will never find.
solo gobos are the most unbalanced hardest unfair target to kill by a 24 man. Gobos are small.small legs. make them 50% slower in rvr 😂🤣

Banjomissen

Post#620 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:20 am

So... Order players should just reroll to a meta class... that's fuuny it's always the answer. It's not it takes time... oh yeah... like that Destro dude... 4month full Sove gear... * casual play *

When Destro players are encouraged to reroll Order in order to get a spot in a city siege they always cry that it's too much work to reroll and somekind of "I queued but didn't get in, give me a bonus" is the right solution.