Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
knick

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#571 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 am

population gives a indicator but can not be the base of balance. But having a imbalance in population can also origin in class unbalance.
so it is not wrong to ask why we see 5-10% player difference at server primetime.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#572 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:38 pm

knick wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 am population gives a indicator but can not be the base of balance. But having a imbalance in population can also origin in class unbalance.
so it is not wrong to ask why we see 5-10% player difference at server primetime.
That's, what I wanted to point out. THX.
Believe or not, most humans even subconsciously choose the way to win, not to lose.

There is no easy or simple way to solve unbalance. But to accept that something is wrong and something should be done is a good start.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Aurandilaz

Post#573 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 am OK. Face the truth. Yesterday, EU primetime for the whole night:
Order: 45% population.
Destruction: 55% population.
These data comes from this page, you can't deny them.

Off course, you can say: " Ok, but this does not mean anything."
Well, it does! There are reasons, other than "ha ha, learn to play and organise better".

When you log to the game today's night, look at the population. Guess what you will see.

wtf devs please nerf Order we need 50:50 balance, ASAP. ty

Sponn
Suspended

Post#574 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:22 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 am OK. Face the truth. Yesterday, EU primetime for the whole night:
Order: 45% population.
Destruction: 55% population.
These data comes from this page, you can't deny them.

Off course, you can say: " Ok, but this does not mean anything."
Well, it does! There are reasons, other than "ha ha, learn to play and organise better".

When you log to the game today's night, look at the population. Guess what you will see.

wtf devs please nerf Order we need 50:50 balance, ASAP. ty
Imagine comparing EU primetime to a dead sample size when a 1/3rd of that are online.

I would love to see an average of population imbalance over a month. That would be great data. Then Destro lobbyists like yourself wouldn't be able to cherrypick a data set from the middle of the night with nobody on.

Would any of the devs/gms be able to share overall population information? Is that metric even recorded on a monthly basis?

Well done though, I'm sure whatever you are vying for will be super healthy for the server and balance. No way it has to do with fear of being in an even environment and having a fair fight. There is no way you have such a fragile ego that a balanced game and population would crush your being. I know you are stronger than that for sure, so whatever point you are trying to make I'm sure has the health of the server in the forefront. /s

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#575 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Sponn wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm Would any of the devs/gms be able to share overall population information? Is that metric even recorded on a monthly basis?
These are popcorn threads. We're not interested in getting involved aside from poking at them occasionally.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aurandilaz

Post#576 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Sponn wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm
Imagine comparing EU primetime to a dead sample size when a 1/3rd of that are online.

I would love to see an average of population imbalance over a month. That would be great data. Then Destro lobbyists like yourself wouldn't be able to cherrypick a data set from the middle of the night with nobody on.

Would any of the devs/gms be able to share overall population information? Is that metric even recorded on a monthly basis?

Well done though, I'm sure whatever you are vying for will be super healthy for the server and balance. No way it has to do with fear of being in an even environment and having a fair fight. There is no way you have such a fragile ego that a balanced game and population would crush your being. I know you are stronger than that for sure, so whatever point you are trying to make I'm sure has the health of the server in the forefront. /s
your joindate is what 2 months go, so lets assume you are new here
every year, for past years since T2-T3 launch, the campaign has altered between longer term fluctuations of one side zerging with 5-10% more evening pop, but has the occasional counter-trends where if EU destro zergs then maybe NA Order zergs, and vice versa. So from what I can remember, you had some months of Destro blobbing in T3 pretty hard, then it was Order time to blob as people finish gearing some alt and gear their next alt, which might be in T1 or on the same tier but on the other side.
Then you have the cycle change, and it changes from Order zerg in T4 to Destro zerging T4. Sure, you start noticing a trend that whenever organized EU evening Destro guilds log in, Order pop shrinks, then EU guilds go sleep and Order pop rises, repeat for months/years. This game has longer trends of side A zerging for 2-8 months, then it reverses to side B zergin for 2-8 months - sometimes some guild swaps over, sometimes new gear/dungeon/fort/city release results in the tide of the zerg shifting.

here are some of the latest trends I can remember of:
Dec-Nov 2020, Destro zergs more, Order zergs some days
October-April 2020, Order zerg is more dominant, occasional Destro zergs
March-Feb 2020, Destro zergs, occasionally Order
Jan2020-Dec2019 mostly Order zergs, some weeks of Destro zergs
Nov-October2019, Order zergs, some days Destro counterzergs
Sept2019, Destro zergs
August2019, Order zergs
May-July 2019, Destro zerg bit more... etc etc
June-Feb2019, Order nonstop zerging the new fort content

I could go on and on, there have been lesser "trend swaps" with 3 weeks of a month being Order zerg and maybe 1 week of Destro zerg, even if the overall trend might have been of 3-5 months of Order zerg dominance.

You can go through forum history of "game is imbalanced" or go through 10000 older "why is Destro/Order zerging" "zergs are ruining the game" "why does enemy side only blob"-threads. Some balance changes result in some class on one side gaining more pop and some nerfs result in one class losing players, some pug leaders putting effort in herding 20-200 pugs into a huge blobswarm that zergtrains through zones also matters, and the lack of pug leaders organizing defences also matters. These leaders suffer permanent braindamage from trying to somehow convince larger numbers of pug players to play as a larger unit, and sometimes results in successful gravytrains, and sometimes everything goes wrong and everyone gets farmed.

Calling me a Destro lobbyist is absurd considering how close to even my gameplay time is split between Destro and Order chars over the years; fact remains that when playing in an organized setting with both sides having good players in their rosters, a competent Order warband has almost every advantage in a 24v24 city fight versus an organized and competently played Destro warband.
If it comes to average/medium organized pug vs pug fights, Destro may have some edge, and if it comes down to soloers versus soloers its random chaos.

lyncher12

Post#577 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:53 pm

space44

Post#578 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:10 pm

that meme sums up the whole game lol
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#579 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Spoiler:
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gurf

Post#580 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:40 pm

Destro had a bigger population for most of last year apart from a couple of months, but even then Destro had more queuing for City. The issue can be mostly solved by better x-realming, some guilds like WOM and Gitbane do it properly so they move over to the side with less pop, i'm surprised many others don't do that to be honest, you get the AAO and if you have a good strong warband you have hundreds of zerglings to farm. For example nobody on Order can argue Praag last night wasn't fun, stopping the 5* and destroying the morale of the Zerg force is some of the most fun you can have in rvr.

Many people just want to play on the easy winning side. Destro have loads of good 6 man groups but why do none of them play on Order? probably because they know they will be up against good experienced Destro 6 mans and prefer the easy mode of farming lower geared less organised people rather than challenging even fights.