Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#511 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:17 am I wonder if your city instances looked anything like this?
Spoiler:
blame the dps AM...

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#512 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 am

wonshot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:46 am
hammerhead wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:11 am
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:17 am I wonder if your city instances looked anything like this?
Spoiler:
I was there today with this pug and I was booked out immediately as soon as I saw that the next premade.
Well since this is a screenshot i originally posted earlier this morning on ror discord, I guess i can go in and comfirm this was a pure 100% soloqueue situation of how order and destro archtype balance looks like in the extreme cases. On destro we chatted about how unreal it was that we had close to a perfect 2-2-2 pug comp, one dok was dps so maybe it was actually 8-8-8 but after order gave up i asked in the scenario chat if anyone was queueing as a 12man, 6man or even a duo queue. to all the responses i got an "im here solo" from atleast 10 of the people who bothered replying. Since order didnt come out after two wipes i took the time to check the guildtags of all of destro(only two had the same guildtag out of the 24 and that was not a guild i associate with tryhard premades), and with a little personal knowledge of what guilds are in alliance i would say it was fairly confirmed that this was a pure 24x1 destro solo queue with random perfect balance between the archtypes.

and i posted it on the discord because i do believe no matter what is done from a developer standpoint this issue is within the Order realm. And if we ask ourselves why people dont play knight and warriorpriest for example, its not exactly because the classes are bad or underperforming..

tl:dr order had a random pug instance with zero tanks and two AM healers rest were solohero dps. On destro they won the jackpot and had a perfect 8-8-8 archtype split and everyone were soloQ
may be this happens because destroside is overpopulated, and order is underpopulated right now, and therefore the system selects the "true" setup for destroside, the "wrong" one for order. more clearly, for the order, it is made from what it is, at least somehow to fill the mirror. maybe restrict all healers for a solo queue in this case?) it would be a battle for survival, who has the best dps will win). if the system cannot recruit healers for one of the sides, it would be more honest that two sides playing without healers than the example shown in the image
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ysaran

Post#513 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 am

I was there today with this pug and I was booked out immediately as soon as I saw that the next premade.
Well since this is a screenshot i originally posted earlier this morning on ror discord, I guess i can go in and comfirm this was a pure 100% soloqueue situation of how order and destro archtype balance looks like in the extreme cases. On destro we chatted about how unreal it was that we had close to a perfect 2-2-2 pug comp, one dok was dps so maybe it was actually 8-8-8 but after order gave up i asked in the scenario chat if anyone was queueing as a 12man, 6man or even a duo queue. to all the responses i got an "im here solo" from atleast 10 of the people who bothered replying. Since order didnt come out after two wipes i took the time to check the guildtags of all of destro(only two had the same guildtag out of the 24 and that was not a guild i associate with tryhard premades), and with a little personal knowledge of what guilds are in alliance i would say it was fairly confirmed that this was a pure 24x1 destro solo queue with random perfect balance between the archtypes.

and i posted it on the discord because i do believe no matter what is done from a developer standpoint this issue is within the Order realm. And if we ask ourselves why people dont play knight and warriorpriest for example, its not exactly because the classes are bad or underperforming..

tl:dr order had a random pug instance with zero tanks and two AM healers rest were solohero dps. On destro they won the jackpot and had a perfect 8-8-8 archtype split and everyone were soloQ
may be this happens because destroside is overpopulated, and order is underpopulated right now, and therefore the system selects the "true" setup for destroside, the "wrong" one for order. more clearly, for the order, it is made from what it is, at least somehow to fill the mirror. maybe restrict all healers for a solo queue in this case?) it would be a battle for survival, who has the best dps will win). if the system cannot recruit healers for one of the sides, it would be more honest that two sides playing without healers than the example shown in the image
I get your point, but I don't think that being underpopulated is an excuse to bad class distribution. I mean, how is related the distribution of tank/healers/dps with the numbers of player? Keep in mind that the population difference between the 2 realms is usually around 80-100 ppl. We aren't talking of big numbers
Zputadenti

Earthcake

Post#514 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 am
I get your point, but I don't think that being underpopulated is an excuse to bad class distribution. I mean, how is related the distribution of tank/healers/dps with the numbers of player? Keep in mind that the population difference between the 2 realms is usually around 80-100 ppl. We aren't talking of big numbers
Easy, destro got the best kiting classes AND the best antikite tools nowadays, leads to order tanks/melees can never catch goblins. Everyday in oRvR, order melees get kited while doing absolutely nothing, so they reroll rdps to finally hit something instead of running circles.

I prefer playing tanks, got Chosen, Black Orc and Ironbreaker. Now i play shadow warrior...

Winry

Post#515 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 am

Earthcake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 am
Easy, destro got the best kiting classes AND the best antikite tools nowadays, leads to order tanks/melees can never catch goblins. Everyday in oRvR, order melees get kited while doing absolutely nothing, so they reroll rdps to finally hit something instead of running circles.

I prefer playing tanks, got Chosen, Black Orc and Ironbreaker. Now i play shadow warrior...
The truth.

It's even worse now that the only class that had a decent chance (WL) to catch them has been nerfed to the trash can.

Ysaran

Post#516 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 am

I might agree, but this isn't related to population rate. Having less ppl online doesn't imply having less melee in proportion. I mean, I don't see how, but I open to any theory.
Zputadenti

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#517 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:17 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 am
Spoiler:

Oh yes, lets punish the side who can field a better comp...and in the process lets punish healers (and tanks probably) to cater the dps crybabies that just overpopulated the server. Sure this will solve the problem...could be fun explaining to less played archetypes that they are being discarded by matchmaking in favour to the more played ones.

I cant belive that such things can be promoted, how far could go the order-yolodps-solopuggers claiming for "balance"?? better just delete the option to queue grouped and also only queue in dps specs...playing with tanks and healers are BS, the new meta is full dps solo queue...

Earthcake

Post#518 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am

Most melee reroll to rdps cause they are tired of being kited while having 0 chance to fight back. If that doesn't lead to less melee in proportion, i don't know what would.

Ads
Winry

Post#519 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 am

I might agree, but this isn't related to population rate. Having less ppl online doesn't imply having less melee in proportion. I mean, I don't see how, but I open to any theory.
The population problem is that any player that's above decent knows that destro classes are far superior than their counterparts, why handicap yourself by playing order.

Also, it doesn't help the fact that an SH is a better SW and WL in 1 class lol.
Last edited by Winry on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ysaran

Post#520 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:19 am

Winry wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 am

The truth.

It's even worse now that the only class that had a decent chance (WL) to catch them has been nerfed to the trash can.
I would like to point out that goblin and their mobility is a problem only if you play solo. When I play on Order I have no problems catching goblins WITH MY PARTY. This is a group-based game, group up and you'll see that goblins aren't that difficult to deal with.
If you don't want to group up, it's your problem. Solo has always been disincentivized in this server
Zputadenti