Ads

BW damage feels underwhelming

Let's talk about... everything else
Xergon

Re: BW damage feels underwhelming

Post#21 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:19 pm
Xergon wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 pm
Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:07 pm What I'm saying is that BW damage is outdated and surpassed. While some other classes got buffed to heaven and back, BW and Sorc remained largely the same as they were in 2010.

I don't feel the need to post my damage, because everyone already know how much damage BW does.
1000+ damage is what BW fireball does. It requires 3 seconds to cast. Meanwhile, some shaman routinely deals the same amount of damage with a channel tick.
Yet u refuse to post any context on the fight, nor ur BW gear, spec, renown...

BW damage is totaly fine if used by player who knows what to do and how to play it, hell just watch some of Zarbix stream, hitting easy crits for 2k+...

Now stop trolling and spreading misinformation, cheers.
"Everyone I disagree with is a troll". Classic.
Once again I say. I feel no need to post BW damage because everyone already know what BW can and can't do.
Average burst of BW is 5-6k in 3 seconds. From the screen it's obvious that shaman has higher burst that requires no preparation.
Im not asking for ur dmg, if u cant understand that then we have nothing to talk about, u being ignorant and blind.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
wonshot

Post#22 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:23 pm

Been a while since there has been a Brightwizard post (apart from being the comparison in the sorc thread) :roll:

So if we look at the class from a few different views:
- How did the class perform on Live servers
- How does the class perform on RoR from launch till now

On Live Brightwizard was arguebly the most overtuned class from launch till end of Era rr80 and started loosing some steam as high tier gearsets was released, Defensive Realm abilities were introduced and later on a slight rework of the class mechanic on a few skills plus changes to some tactics (Scorched earth mainly)

Brightwizard on beta + launch had crazy stuff like:
- Nova with a Stun.
- Ruin and Destruction Morale2 had a stun effect.
- Rain of fire actually stacked (no it never stacked on RoR) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzFg40b7Uw
- Close quaters tactic made the BW deal 25%more damage within 45feet and less damage beyond this range. (untill VII bombed some war-devs in an IC instance and it got nerfed)

A few of the things that made Brightwizard stay somewhat relevant late-game with Sove gear, was how the items on Live were slightly more caster favored when lategame melee advantages such as higher stat-value on high tier sets, you get more str+weaponskill+sendondary offensive stats like haste/crit/strikethrough/flat pen, on top of higher weapon dps etc. And on casters you can get int softcapped, stack magicpower, crit and strikethrough but never penetration to magic.

So on Live with Sov bonuses consisting of magicpower procs, acces to land of the dead magicpower bugged timed talismen(put in bank when they expire and exploit the duration to be perma)
Casters could get enough magicpower to compete with the psyical damagedealers gettting several mainstats + weapon dps. Where as on RoR casters get early softcapped mainstats (1050 int) and from there on you are very limmited on pushing your bonus damage much higher apart from a few out-of-line pieces with high magicpower/critdamage, but all of them are early armor/staffs so your armorvalue will suffer big time.

RoR brightwizard has the same overtuned classmechanic it has always had, but with the nerf to closequaters patch plus scorched earth. This makes for a brilliant early-game pugstomping monstr that is solely getting carried by the class mechanic from Tier2 untill pre-city gear-level. Sure if you outgear players you will still perform will, but the class falls off at absolute lategame and the melee meta start kicking in, exactly as we saw city meta evolve on Live servers. It started with heavy caster bombbands and ended up being closer to a 50/50 or even heavy melee meta.

So from RoR's early Tier2-3-4 days and up untill City launch in jan/feb this year BW has been a proper powerhouse of a class, still cable of pugstomping, timestamping 100-0 if you outgear or the enemy is sleeping, but the glory days are over.

I will not be the judge if the casters need a slight bit of love with the next sets of pve gear, a caster-main could hope the royal weapons will not follow the trend of Invader weapons having zero magicpower and being nothing more than an appearence item, and maybe Huntervale/lostvale/Tomb of the vulture lord/colluses will help the casters fight the lategame issues of weapondps+WS outmatching int softcap. Time will tell.

With all of this being said, Mez confirmed to me that the reported issue of Slowboil not scaling has been fixed so now singletarget BW has one more useful ability to add on the timestamp so that is something.
I personally love the class, but knew for a long time it would end up slowly being overtaken by the melee meta for the reasons mentioned above. It is still a strong class in both Singletarget pugstomping scs/roaming, aoe funnels/roaming and to some extend for the ranged dps-champ in stage3 city.
The next pve sets of gear and weapons/jewels might bring the class back in meta play, but for 6v6 and competitive cities i think the days are over for most of the fireclowns.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Nekkma

Post#23 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:19 pm
Xergon wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 pm
Nishka wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:07 pm What I'm saying is that BW damage is outdated and surpassed. While some other classes got buffed to heaven and back, BW and Sorc remained largely the same as they were in 2010.

I don't feel the need to post my damage, because everyone already know how much damage BW does.
1000+ damage is what BW fireball does. It requires 3 seconds to cast. Meanwhile, some shaman routinely deals the same amount of damage with a channel tick.
Yet u refuse to post any context on the fight, nor ur BW gear, spec, renown...

BW damage is totaly fine if used by player who knows what to do and how to play it, hell just watch some of Zarbix stream, hitting easy crits for 2k+...

Now stop trolling and spreading misinformation, cheers.
"Everyone I disagree with is a troll". Classic.
Once again I say. I feel no need to post BW damage because everyone already know what BW can and can't do.
Average burst of BW is 5-6k in 3 seconds. From the screen it's obvious that shaman has higher burst that requires no preparation.
So what you are saying is that the "avarage joe" BW burst is still better than a BIS geared glasscannon (meaning limited utility) dps shaman hitting a low resistance target?
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

dwyur

Post#24 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:28 pm

Posts about "BW dmg is underwhelming," refuses to post said BW damage, posts screenshot of shaman damage. big brain time

if you are saying BW/Sorc feels more underwhelming lately, compared to the power of Engineer/Magus with increased range and buffs they have gotten, sure I think you can make that point.
Last edited by dwyur on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Nishka
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:30 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:23 pm Been a while since there has been a Brightwizard post (apart from being the comparison in the sorc thread) :roll:

So if we look at the class from a few different views:
- How did the class perform on Live servers
- How does the class perform on RoR from launch till now

On Live Brightwizard was arguebly the most overtuned class from launch till end of Era rr80 and started loosing some steam as high tier gearsets was released, Defensive Realm abilities were introduced and later on a slight rework of the class mechanic on a few skills plus changes to some tactics (Scorched earth mainly)

Brightwizard on beta + launch had crazy stuff like:
- Nova with a Stun.
- Ruin and Destruction Morale2 had a stun effect.
- Rain of fire actually stacked (no it never stacked on RoR) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzFg40b7Uw
- Close quaters tactic made the BW deal 25%more damage within 45feet and less damage beyond this range. (untill VII bombed some war-devs in an IC instance and it got nerfed)

A few of the things that made Brightwizard stay somewhat relevant late-game with Sove gear, was how the items on Live were slightly more caster favored when lategame melee advantages such as higher stat-value on high tier sets, you get more str+weaponskill+sendondary offensive stats like haste/crit/strikethrough/flat pen, on top of higher weapon dps etc. And on casters you can get int softcapped, stack magicpower, crit and strikethrough but never penetration to magic.

So on Live with Sov bonuses consisting of magicpower procs, acces to land of the dead magicpower bugged timed talismen(put in bank when they expire and exploit the duration to be perma)
Casters could get enough magicpower to compete with the psyical damagedealers gettting several mainstats + weapon dps. Where as on RoR casters get early softcapped mainstats (1050 int) and from there on you are very limmited on pushing your bonus damage much higher apart from a few out-of-line pieces with high magicpower/critdamage, but all of them are early armor/staffs so your armorvalue will suffer big time.

RoR brightwizard has the same overtuned classmechanic it has always had, but with the nerf to closequaters patch plus scorched earth. This makes for a brilliant early-game pugstomping monstr that is solely getting carried by the class mechanic from Tier2 untill pre-city gear-level. Sure if you outgear players you will still perform will, but the class falls off at absolute lategame and the melee meta start kicking in, exactly as we saw city meta evolve on Live servers. It started with heavy caster bombbands and ended up being closer to a 50/50 or even heavy melee meta.

So from RoR's early Tier2-3-4 days and up untill City launch in jan/feb this year BW has been a proper powerhouse of a class, still cable of pugstomping, timestamping 100-0 if you outgear or the enemy is sleeping, but the glory days are over.

I will not be the judge if the casters need a slight bit of love with the next sets of pve gear, a caster-main could hope the royal weapons will not follow the trend of Invader weapons having zero magicpower and being nothing more than an appearence item, and maybe Huntervale/lostvale/Tomb of the vulture lord/colluses will help the casters fight the lategame issues of weapondps+WS outmatching int softcap. Time will tell.

With all of this being said, Mez confirmed to me that the reported issue of Slowboil not scaling has been fixed so now singletarget BW has one more useful ability to add on the timestamp so that is something.
I personally love the class, but knew for a long time it would end up slowly being overtaken by the melee meta for the reasons mentioned above. It is still a strong class in both Singletarget pugstomping scs/roaming, aoe funnels/roaming and to some extend for the ranged dps-champ in stage3 city.
The next pve sets of gear and weapons/jewels might bring the class back in meta play, but for 6v6 and competitive cities i think the days are over for most of the fireclowns.
Thank you for insightful comment! What do you think of using Fueled from Within and Crown of Fire instead of Fuel to the Fire and Ignition?
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Goermsi

Post#26 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:02 pm

if i would meet Drukar on his BW in the lakes ... im happy to spell "wtf" before my shaman hits the ground. So first advise, learn from the best or ask the best.
Second thing, Shaman has a strong burst - but it needs prep. So u cast Brainblasta for 2 secs ... this spell flys a second or two. Bunch a Waagh is casttime 1 sec and then the channel comes as instand. So, 3 spells are workin in ...4-5 secs. But they are not enough to kill anybody. U will need ur 3 main-dots and u have to hope that there comes no detaunt. Only with this 3 things combine u die this fast against a dps shaman.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Talladego

Post#27 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Yea that damage is stupid low, 0 dmg, you hitting him with a twig?
Buff staff dmg pls.

vastou

Post#28 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:15 pm

What lol

Guarded Aoe short range bw are just the biggest threat we could face, close to naked rampaged dwarf.
Each time I see that spec, top sc/capi dps chart.
When a healer see bw's dot on a teamate, its a race to curse it fast.

Ads
Orgruk

Post#29 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:26 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:37 am u trolling right ?
Obvisouly
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

nuadarstark

Post#30 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Didn't Bombling literally hit 2.7k dps on the training dummy? That's the highest number we saw I think. BW is fine.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov