Recent Topics

Ads

Do people play pve?

Let's talk about... everything else
Conroy

Do people play pve?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:05 am

I remember loving this game back in the day for differant reasons then most. I loved the questing/public quests. So I wanted to check the pulse of the community. 1. Do some members still lvl with a good mix of pve and rvr or it it just a rvr fest and 2. Are the dwarfs vs orcs/elf's vs dark elf's zones populated at all? I players this game before and after ftp became live. After ftp humans vs chaos was the only zones people quested in. Thanks for any Information and any reply will be apperciated!

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Do people play pve?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 am

"Do people play pve?"

Short answer: Only when they absolutely have to.

Long answer:

Playing PvE is at least mildly necessary for some in order to farm ingredients for potions and talismans, however, that's only for people who bother to make them rather than buy them (though that inflates prices). There are some PvE dungeons but I've never seen anyone do them outside premade guild groups that are closed to outsiders. Zones are deserted outside the RvR lakes, because RvR/Scenarios are the fastest way to level, and questing or doing pve is actually a detriment since your RR rank will lag behind with your level by doing it.

Tothmonra

Post#3 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:51 am

I do the pve side of it thought I am just starting out with it I enjoy that side of it for the lore i run across ill get to the pvp side of it at some point but i also stream an doing pvp all the time gets boring.

JarlBerzirk

Post#4 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:32 am

Conroy wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:05 am I remember loving this game back in the day for differant reasons then most. I loved the questing/public quests. So I wanted to check the pulse of the community. 1. Do some members still lvl with a good mix of pve and rvr or it it just a rvr fest and 2. Are the dwarfs vs orcs/elf's vs dark elf's zones populated at all? I players this game before and after ftp became live. After ftp humans vs chaos was the only zones people quested in. Thanks for any Information and any reply will be apperciated!
Ive heard order doesnt run too many dungeons but speaking from the destro side of things people run dungeon groups pretty much every night.

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:50 am

to those saying Order doesn't run to many dungeons, they must not be reading LFG chat . all day every day people are running Gunbad, lairs, Crypts/tunnels, some Bastion Stairs, as well as Chap 22 , although chap 22 is mostly guild/alliance runs, but sometimes you find a random warband doing it.

Sofong

Post#6 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:53 am

ppl pve mainly becos bs weap is best for dps.

paperclipdog

Post#7 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:00 am

You find lots of pugs for pve on destro side. Order is rough

Arthem

Post#8 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:05 am

PvE concept is flawed in this game. It should only give wards to improve your PvE wards to do harder PvE dungeons. With the exception of tovl as that has PvP. Lets hope we can purge ToVl like live.

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:37 am

DirkDaring wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:50 am to those saying Order doesn't run to many dungeons, they must not be reading LFG chat . all day every day people are running Gunbad, lairs, Crypts/tunnels, some Bastion Stairs, as well as Chap 22 , although chap 22 is mostly guild/alliance runs, but sometimes you find a random warband doing it.
I think it's more that on Order, no one wants anything except kotbs/wp/slayer/white lion/bright wizard.

Just like in RvR!

nuadarstark

Post#10 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:30 am

No one cares about group composition for dungeons, they're silly easy unless bugged anyway and it's just the matter of knowing what to do (which is easy as the tactics are very simple) and having the gear.

There are many /5 groups running dungeons every day on Order and if you're half decent a communicating in the game, it'll take you just a short while to get into one. Alternatively just join an active guild and you're going to be golden.

The actual zones are gonna be massively empty unless there is someone farming something for pots/talis in them.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov