Ads

Who's next?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: Who's next?

Post#21 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:13 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:16 pm Sorc aoe has some low hanging fruit
2h specs for Slayer and Choppa could use some work
Sham/AM has been on the list for a while, but their mechanic requires a fair amount of coding
DPS RP/z would probably result in reworking their mastery trees entirely

Not in any particular order. Two week guarantee as per usual.
There's already some kind of idea about the AM/Shaman? Or you have nothing yet? Generally speaking will you include the community in the rework process?
Zputadenti

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:13 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:16 pm Sorc aoe has some low hanging fruit
2h specs for Slayer and Choppa could use some work
Sham/AM has been on the list for a while, but their mechanic requires a fair amount of coding
DPS RP/z would probably result in reworking their mastery trees entirely

Not in any particular order. Two week guarantee as per usual.
There's already some kind of idea about the AM/Shaman? Or you have nothing yet? Generally speaking will you include the community in the rework process?
There are a few ideas regarding their mechanic based on what it was intended from the live game. The current mechanic is just leftover slop from the last time they had work done which was all ripped out as it was badly implemented. Generally no, we don't include the community at large in the rework process. We have more than enough to do without dozens of people providing active feedback. The way you can help is by putting concise and thoughtful ideas on the BDF, that's where we pull community suggestions from. All the discussion and suggestion threads are great, but if the result of a discussion isn't summarized into a BDF post, then we're probably going to miss it when we get around to a major balance change.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:30 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:09 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:16 pm DPS RP/z would probably result in reworking their mastery trees entirely
TBF, I think simply replacing all heals in one tree, all damage in another and all "mixed" shield/support in a third should be a very good start to begin with.

The main issue with RP/Zealot being abilities all over the place and not logically allocated unlike every other class.
Devs from Mythic thought it will be original to not be like other 2 healers, resulting in a big mess of masteries.

I'm working on a first pass for skill allocation (no really big change yet) but I'll wait a bit for the heat of SH rework to steam off before submitting... :p
RP/z current mastery trees look like an interesting experiment. Heal/dps/utility trees would be a lot cleaner, but shuffling everything is a lot of work to get done between patches, and it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to make for viable spec options. There would be quite a bit more thinking to be done about how different specs would even be able to work.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

kmark101

Post#24 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:51 am

I think instead of certain classes, the one who need most help right now are physical damage classes. Armor meta totally pushed them out of any options or possible future changes.

Armor potions, armor values of items,armor talismans, armor debuffs, armor penetrations, along this line. Numbers should be tweaked on these, before any other class balance change, because most classes would be totally fine if their numerical values of their skills would be tweaked a little bit.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

oaliaen

Post#25 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 am

Next nerf: Choppa and his little buddy slayer :mrgreen:

hammerhead

Post#26 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:22 am

The Fix war, newer ends! Waaaagh!

Please look at Zeal/RP heal, otherwise it's strange that most of the work is done by the core hot that is given from the first levels. It's just very boring to hang it in two groups so as not to be at the end of the list.
(\|)o0(|/)

Fey

Post#27 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:00 am

Some love for 2-handed Choppa/Slayer would be fantastic. Puny weapons look dumb, particularly on Choppa.

Just 2 cents on that note; No More Helpin is a heavy damage finisher, and an outgoing heal debuff. Ladies and gentleman that makes no sense. I'm reminded of the IB tactic that adds a shatter-limbs CD increaser to the KD. Just back-asswards ability design. You can make it work, but it's stupid, and I hate it.

I'm far more familiar with AM particularly from live. A useful experiment would be to have 3 tranches of high magic or whatever. While red, Asuryan will empower Isha. While green, Isha will empower Asuryan. Vaul abiliites are empowered when high magic is null. I"m sure a dozen people have proposed this already. Now I am one of them. Exclude, Mistress of the Marsh, and, Drain Magic; from this lest AM/Shaman usurp RP/Zealot as 2nd tier support. We can't have that now can we?

The fact is that 5 stacks of a mechanic isn't going to compel a player of either spec to mix damage and/or healing abilities into their typical rotation. As a healer you have at most 2 gcd to satiate your blood-lust, and then you absolutely must go back to healing. I don't play DPS AM because those people suck out loud. Except Telen.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Mystry
Suspended

Post#28 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am

kmark101 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:51 am I think instead of certain classes, the one who need most help right now are physical damage classes. Armor meta totally pushed them out of any options or possible future changes.

Armor potions, armor values of items,armor talismans, armor debuffs, armor penetrations, along this line. Numbers should be tweaked on these, before any other class balance change, because most classes would be totally fine if their numerical values of their skills would be tweaked a little bit.
I've said for years that armor potions need to be removed from the game. Probably nerf armor talismans too.

Ads
hammerhead

Post#29 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:11 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:06 am
kmark101 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:51 am I think instead of certain classes, the one who need most help right now are physical damage classes. Armor meta totally pushed them out of any options or possible future changes.

I've said for years that armor potions need to be removed from the game. Probably nerf armor talismans too.
I'm not going to say that everything is fine, because no .. But it's like, instead of cutting off hangnail, to do an amputation.
(\|)o0(|/)

Orgruk

Post#30 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:33 am

vastou wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:14 pm I fear for choppa "re tune", it will be like "I give you 10, You gimme back 30" haha
Same here :mrgreen:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance