Recent Topics

Ads

Change some PVP places in RVR

Let's talk about... everything else
boindill

Change some PVP places in RVR

Post#1 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:15 pm

There are so nice PVP places in game but nobody use it. Let change some of this places in RVR. What do you think about this idee ?

Ads
Jabba

Re: Change some PVP places in RVR

Post#2 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:06 pm

What exactly are you asking for?

Tha rvr zones should be made bigger to include some of the pve areas?
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

boindill

Post#3 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Yeah , make rvr bigger or creat new maps!!

nebelwerfer

Post#4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Oh hell yea that would be awesome!

My brainstorm spun off from what you posted:
Spoiler:
Having far off PVE areas be like fortresses / keeps / towns you could purchase as a guild and hang out in with nice vendors and stuff. Should be possible for it to be attacked by competing guilds looking to raid their resources. (new way to obtain/invest guild coins?)

Once lost you would lose the ability to purchase it or another it for a while to give others a chance.

Wouldn't necessarily be somewhere you could attack in the real world, but maybe new scenarios made for those areas so when attacked by another guild, you would have to defend it in that scenario like a mini city!

Areas could vary in size so 6 man / 12 man / 24 man guilds could all take part.

It could generate passive guild coins/gold/renown/influence for your guild as long as you could hold on to it.

Or something like that :mrgreen:
Exciting idea OP! :D

TreefAM

Post#5 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:58 pm

boindill wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:12 pm Yeah , make rvr bigger or creat new maps!!
The problem is that nobody visits some parts of a number of maps already.
And once a keep hits 2 stars everyone forgets about the rest of the map right away.
Unless something is done to promote holding BOs, having bigger maps/more stuff won't change a thing.
I mean even before 2 star, mostly people just run boxes, hell sometimes they even take 2 warbands to run 5 boxes )

priestxes

Post#6 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:10 pm

I think a cool mechanic would be when a t4 zone becomes active, the keep lords begin a march towards each other. Then it's an open world PVE/RVR encounter. You have to defend your realms keep lord and help to kill the opposing realms keep lord. When one keep lord is defeated, he retreats to his keep, the winner gets 2 stars. And after 90 minutes, the mechanic resets allowing the lords to charge each other again. During the 90 minute cooldown, the victor can siege, or run supplies to get 3, 4 or 5 stars. At 5 stars the mechanic is triggered again, if the keep lord with 5 stars wins, the zone flips.

The mechanic can have contrib and bag rolls. Hurries the boring part of running supplies in a new zone.

Or this mechanic could be used in forts. Stage 1 is pretty negligible now, really serves no purpose other than allowing realms to get into position. Change it so during stage 1 there is a "sally" maneuver by the defenders. A realm NPC like keep lord charges the attackers. Winner of stage 1 gets a bonus to stage 2, which adds a bonus to stage 3. Something like if the defenders win stage 1 they get a 15-20% increase in wounds through the next stage, and if the defenders win they get a 10-15% increase in damage or some such. Then the stages have relevancies beyond time.

You could promote BO play with similar mechanics put mercenaries at the BOs so you need to fight or bribe them. Holding a BO gives your realm keep more guards or % dmg increase/ % wounds increased. Then sieges become much more interesting beyond ram mini game and holding BOs for extra RR

zulnam

Post#7 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:10 am

Thought about this a while back. It would be great to use more of the maps for pvp, but adding them to the campaign is tricky. And they need to be added, otherwise people will ignore them.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

boindill

Post#8 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:00 pm

We can put the BO in the PVE area . We can do it in a rotation. Therre are so interesting Castle or Vilage in the Pve .It would be nice :D
(Boindill the great Ironbreaker and hope of order )

Ads
PlagueMonk

Post#9 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:25 pm

TreefAM wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:58 pm
boindill wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:12 pm Yeah , make rvr bigger or creat new maps!!
The problem is that nobody visits some parts of a number of maps already.
And once a keep hits 2 stars everyone forgets about the rest of the map right away.
Unless something is done to promote holding BOs, having bigger maps/more stuff won't change a thing.
I mean even before 2 star, mostly people just run boxes, hell sometimes they even take 2 warbands to run 5 boxes )
I've thought about this as well. You enter an area and run supp from BOs until 2 stars to get a ram then you are off to the siege! (well at least for Order, not sure why Dest doesn't do this :roll: ) anyway......

What about if you could find and retrieve random supplies from around the map area? That way there is incentive for people to be roving all over. The spawn spots would have to be fairly large so a map of the places would not be easy to pinpoint.

Another possibility would be that the ram spawned at 2 stars is relatively weak and probably won't hold up to repeated oil drops, so the more stars the stronger the ram is. This could also be applied damage potential of the siege equip as well.

TreefAM

Post#10 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:08 pm

I was told that the ram functioned before that you needed 3 BOs under your control to use the ram.
That could make a difference probably.
Also when I'm out roaming with my 12 we usually avoid the little supply run game, but always great to gank those supp running warbands.