Recent Topics

Ads

Which realm & class is needed?

Let's talk about... everything else
PrinceVan

Which realm & class is needed?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:16 am

dear friends of WAR,

Ich used to play WAR a lot back in the beginning - and want to return as a casual player again now.
As I really don't mind if I play Order or Chaos, and also don't mind which class I play, I feel free to ask: Which Realm currently needs support? And which classes are missing most often? I really want to contribute myself as good as possible :-)

Looking forward to your answers,

David

Ads
sgtnanners

Re: Which realm & class is needed?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:27 am

From what I have seen on destro side, we need rdps (sorc/magus) and healers (dok/sham/zeal).
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

lifeson

Post#3 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:27 am

Population swings wildly, doesn't matter what side you choose.
Destro can field huge numbers when they are in the mood and so can order.
If you choose order probably tank needed, on destro maybe rdps.

Gurf

Post#4 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:36 am

Since I've been playing Destro has more numbers than Order about 75% of the time. On Order you are more likely to get scenario and City Siege pops.

Order badly needs shield tanks and the moment

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:25 am

The server is highly destro dominated, with order only fielding enough numbers a few weeks every ear. Your mileage may vary by which timeslot you play though. Order needs tanks.

PrinceVan

Post#6 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Thank you for all your answers!
So, it's gonna be an Order Shield Tank. What would you currently recommend? SM or KOTBS?

JarlBerzirk

Post#7 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:45 pm

PrinceVan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:16 am dear friends of WAR,

Ich used to play WAR a lot back in the beginning - and want to return as a casual player again now.
As I really don't mind if I play Order or Chaos, and also don't mind which class I play, I feel free to ask: Which Realm currently needs support? And which classes are missing most often? I really want to contribute myself as good as possible :-)

Looking forward to your answers,

David
Both sides have numbers depending on what time of the day you play. Game is pretty even EU prime time but order dominate NA prime time. Seems order says they need shield tanks and Slayers while destro desperately need more healers. At the end of the day play what you want and find your fun.

horuson

Post#8 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Order is overwhelmed by WP, KotBS, AM and rdps. Would prob need more IB and SM, maybe slayer too ?
Destro has too many 2H tanks, healers are okeish sometimes lacking in NA time
Tanks are often lacking in organized wb, both side.

Maybe someone can complete or correct me

edit: my bad, didnt see you made your choice

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Well you can see the population from the home page whether you want to join the high pop or the "underdogs" which has generally been order (more people like the cool edgy looking dudes, I don't blame them).

Order needs good Slayers and Bright Wizards and Tanks that know how to guard.

Destro needs more rSH (as much as it pains me to say it after the rework where I am getting assblasted by pets through walls) and ranged bombers in general. Sorc or Magus. In the end I would say Destro needs more Maguses in general. My saying is "More Maguses and Maras".

nuadarstark

Post#10 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:34 am

Both sides need more support minded players, as after a while nearly everyone switches into their "lol solo" mode and starts bringing their realm/groups down because they want to get more kills. So SnB tanks on both sides and healing healers on both side. From the dps side of things we need more slayers on Order (the most absurd mdps class in WB-level play ever) and more rdps on destro.

Population is gonna depend on who's "winning", though these days no one actually knows that cause of the obsured SoR so maybe we're gonna see more stable numbers. But per Server Status numbers, destro has roughly 55-60% majority for the most TZs aside from late night NA where things generally skew Order.

Edit: Also, I'm trying to be as objective as I can here, both in regards to classes/archetypes and the realm population. People will tell you they're not the majority or that they don't have numbers "all the time", but by looking at the Server Status regularly, you can easily see who has the numbers for 90% of the time and who is always on the backfoot population-wise. While I'm writing, destro has 63% majority in pop and is easily blasting through campaign. And that's fairly stable trend for EU middays (been like this for close to 8 months).
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov