Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else
Drunkstains

Re: SoR change

Post#41 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 am

Ive been on the verge of quitting for a bit. This SOR change has brought new life into this server for me. BEST. CHANGE. EVER. All these mindless zergs Im not running into constantly. Its opened the possibility for me and a few buds to just be able to go roam and find fights. Its been an absolute blast. I cant go back to the old way. Thank you devs, been wanting this change for so long. Go roam, you might find you like it. Action has been great in all the zones

Ads
lyncher12

Post#42 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:32 am

black crag needs sor population still

sixmoons48

Post#43 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:35 am

One issue this surfaces is the realm's inability to communicate effectively, with SoR you had an idea of where to go and where you were guaranteed a fight, now when you see 400% aao or any aao you have to ask yourself, is it worth it for me to travel to this zone just to find out there are 4 of the opposing faction in the zone, all super spread out and trying to find me? Then when BOs stay blue or red for a decent time after people have left, you are afraid to roam over there due to a stealther solo capping it, or if the BO was recently abandoned nothing is there. Just recently I go out and ask for communication on where there may be population to fight after running through an empty Dragonwake, just to be answered "find enemies yourself". Maybe it will change when there are more people online, but on dead nights where people seem to be eager to solo or small man, you are stuck wondering if its even worth to meander around dead zones looking for possible scraps. I definitely understand the desire to lessen the zerg by changing the amount of information given, but atm it seems exclusively like a detriment to those who play during certain hours, or want to play small-man during low pops. Looking in open warband window is only way to see some form of the amount of people, and if only private wbs or no one is online you dont have that option.
Last edited by sixmoons48 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

horuson

Post#44 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:36 am

best change but will need time to really know

also OP talking about how destro cries, well it's not like order wasnt crying on forum and in game chat too

faction bias is a myth, both order and destro should stop with that narrative
Last edited by horuson on Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

paperclipdog

Post#45 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:53 am

Inability to consolidate population during low pop times will hurt RvR a lot. This will prob be fine during 1200 pop peak hours, slightly breaking the zerg and lead to completely deserted zones and a game of "find the fight" during off times.

Personally I'm not enjoying it what so ever as solo roamer but time will tell.

Legankras

Post#46 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:16 am

Maybe BOs should go neutral again if noone stands near the Flag. If you see enemy get 2-3 Bos you definitely finde a fight. Its like the old System 2 or 3 years ago.

Sofong

Post#47 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:52 am

change is very bad for the underdog side

Sofong

Post#48 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:57 am

Drunkstains wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 am Ive been on the verge of quitting for a bit. This SOR change has brought new life into this server for me. BEST. CHANGE. EVER. All these mindless zergs Im not running into constantly. Its opened the possibility for me and a few buds to just be able to go roam and find fights. Its been an absolute blast. I cant go back to the old way. Thank you devs, been wanting this change for so long. Go roam, you might find you like it. Action has been great in all the zones

a whole grp hide in one spot ganking some random boxes runners sure is lots of fun.

Ads
awmc82

Post#49 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:06 am

Sofong wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:57 am
Drunkstains wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 am Ive been on the verge of quitting for a bit. This SOR change has brought new life into this server for me. BEST. CHANGE. EVER. All these mindless zergs Im not running into constantly. Its opened the possibility for me and a few buds to just be able to go roam and find fights. Its been an absolute blast. I cant go back to the old way. Thank you devs, been wanting this change for so long. Go roam, you might find you like it. Action has been great in all the zones

a whole grp hide in one spot ganking some random boxes runners sure is lots of fun.
Strange, don't see anything in his post about that. He must have edited that part out...

Andack

Post#50 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:15 am

Great change !!!

People will need to comunnicate, Guild and alliance will need people to help them and speak with them !

Of course it will take time for people to adapte, maybe more than a week, but it's a great opportunity to see more fight !