Ads

Realm Class Balance vs Unique Class Identity

Let's talk about... everything else
knick

Re: Realm Class Balance vs Unique Class Identity

Post#11 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Oglaf wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:12 pm
knick wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:11 pm gobbo run tactic Destro 2 Order 0

i can call this also absolut broken and nobody talking about.
i asked some shamys by myself what they fear in Orvr. allways same answer- nothing.
we can play this game all day long.
you cherry picking yourself here some differences and call it broken.
Because Shammys being good at solo roaming (as are AMs, by the by) totally validates the huge group-based (i.e the main point of the game) advantages of Order.
yah AM are so good thats why you see some on every corner. cmon shamys are the most overplayed destro class. everybody know it that running and casting at same time is broken. Youtube is full of shamys videos where shamys destroy 3 and more people. AP drain own toughness buff dots dont break taunt. in 1v1 a am has a chance but the shamy kit is much more opvp friendly. run and run and run and run rurnrrurnrnr
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Ads
Gurf

Post#12 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Oglaf wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:12 pm
knick wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:11 pm gobbo run tactic Destro 2 Order 0

i can call this also absolut broken and nobody talking about.
i asked some shamys by myself what they fear in Orvr. allways same answer- nothing.
we can play this game all day long.
you cherry picking yourself here some differences and call it broken.
Because Shammys being good at solo roaming (as are AMs, by the by) totally validates the huge group-based (i.e the main point of the game) advantages of Order.
Well Solo roaming is a big factor in the game about how fast you can rank keeps up to even start a siege in the first place, just looks at the zones all day every day and how fast Destro get their keeps up to 2* or beyond compared to Order. I go out Solo to try get supplies more than likely I am killed by Shammy, if I go out in a group or even a Warband most Shammies aren't afraid to harass you. A group of 3 Shammies together are practically indestructable. They are even particularly bothered by WH and WL is easy Prey, so all Des keeps are 2* every day within half an hour while most order sit at 0 star.

tomolyons

Post#13 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:22 pm

I play slayer as my main and I totally agree with rampage being too OP. Its pay off is too massive with little risk.

The slayer needs a big rework anyway, but before they nerf rampage they need to rework the class at the same time. There are a lot of abilities that are too risky to use (Giantslayer tree/2h)

I do think a lot of their exhaustive blows need to not only defbuff their targets but also buff themselves like most other classes. Incapacitate (The KD blow) needs to be brought into the furious requirement not beserk. It's way to late into a fight to be able to use it most times because slayers are squishy as it is, Especially when again, nearly every class has a KD straight away.

Every slayer tends to play AOE because of the meta but I'd love to see some good soloing capability of the slayer because right now rampage is the only thing that allows the slayer to solo.

Quathan

Post#14 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm not sure why you first say "Unique Class Identity" is important and when I scroll down you write you want range stuns and pruned abilities so they match both sides. Order doesn't seem to have an AoE stun like maras and the same pull mechanic availability as Destro has... But at this point, I think it's a good thing with different abilities for each realm.. so you rather take a Rock/Paper/Sissors approach than trying to mirror the different abilities.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:24 pm

tomolyons wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:22 pm I play slayer as my main and I totally agree with rampage being too OP. Its pay off is too massive with little risk.

The slayer needs a big rework anyway, but before they nerf rampage they need to rework the class at the same time. There are a lot of abilities that are too risky to use (Giantslayer tree/2h)

I do think a lot of their exhaustive blows need to not only defbuff their targets but also buff themselves like most other classes. Incapacitate (The KD blow) needs to be brought into the furious requirement not beserk. It's way to late into a fight to be able to use it most times because slayers are squishy as it is, Especially when again, nearly every class has a KD straight away.

Every slayer tends to play AOE because of the meta but I'd love to see some good soloing capability of the slayer because right now rampage is the only thing that allows the slayer to solo.
Honestly, the same goes for the Choppa. Both classes lose too much and gain too little by going 2H over Dual. Both could use a rework of their big dicc, 2h-single target trees.

oaliaen

Post#16 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:25 pm

So there you have it : While MOST classes are fairly unique and have their own quirks, the realms are quite balanced EXCEPT for Slayers with Rampage, BWs in keeps/forts/funnels with Rain of Fire easymode farm, Magus vs Engineer ST, and Ranged Squig herder needing a slight buff on damage and a ranged knockdown to be useful in RvR/Groups as a Ranged DPS.
The truth...but hard to be accepted.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:45 pm

We should delete rampage and run away to ascend to perfect balance.

abezverkhiy

Post#18 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:52 pm

I would love to see 2h spec reworked too. Numbers produced by AOE spec is much higher. And risk is another factor - some AOE spec abilities do not require to be in 5ft range so AOE spec is safer to play too.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
normanis

Post#19 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 pm

in questions and answers ppl said its works as intend
byt overall destro has x2 block channel +buffed bg block + 50%parry for chosens and u dont need spend points in rr for it. vs order side 2h sm wads and ib +25% parry (2 persons) and +10 ib block and +10 kobs block +15 parry (speacial tactic) sm parry +25% is 3 sec uptime vs chosen 20sec and same +25%. as u see rampage is very not game breaking
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#20 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:55 pm

order tanks need even some defense buffs same as destro
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"