Recent Topics

Ads

Realm Class Balance vs Unique Class Identity

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Realm Class Balance vs Unique Class Identity

Post#81 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:22 am

Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am
So what do the people who play both sides genuinely say about it? The OP in this thread is obviously completely Destro bias, not for a second do I believe he has rr80's on both sides, so his opinion is obviously as flawed as what you say mine is.
Yes, hes biased.
Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am TUP play both sides, what is their opinion on it?
They are playing mostly order since marauder "nerf", but I remember about Xergon being shocked when he was found rampage bypasses avoidance on guard (this part is a problem, not attacks itself being undefendable).
Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 amI have an opinion because I have a Slayer and when I see people type things like "people press Rampage and everyone dies" obviously have no idea how it works, they seem to have no idea of what the exhaust mechanic even is, or how it usually takes 2 exhausts to get 20 seconds of Rampage or how squishy an enraged Slayer is if they risk using Power Through tactic. The combo is a mass of Slayer all one one spot, ideally all with immunity at the same time all timing their Retribution at the same time. NGE can pull it off because they have obviously played together for a long time and are high rr, you could probably stop their main damage bomb simply by assigning a tank to every Slayer and get them to Taunt them when they channel Retribution.
To begin with, you don't need to be in red to deal "good" damage if properly geared. It takes 5 seconds to reach yellow, so you can throw axe on engage, to be in combat before you get into melee, then you will be yellow literaly on impact. You don't need PT tactic. You will be able to Rampage nearly on impact, and after next 5 seconds you will be already back to yellow with +25% damage and no penalty, keeping rampage for 15s more seconds. While Retribution is huge part of burst, real "problem" are IDs masked under Onslaughts as both are aliments and it makes it harder to cleanse.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:41 am

Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am a tank to every Slayer and get them to Taunt them when they channel Retribution.
And what can do when spam ID (using cd reducers) on diferent targets? each tick works as 1 aoe DD => lets suposse 4 slayers using ID in 2 targets each => 8 aoe pulse dd, also add other aoe attacks...Its a really high aoe presssure..

Ashenford

Post#83 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:45 am

emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:41 am
And what can do when spam ID (using cd reducers) on diferent targets? each tick works as 1 aoe DD => lets suposse 4 slayers using ID in 2 targets each => 8 aoe pulse dd, also add other aoe attacks...Its a really high aoe presssure..
Spread.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#84 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 am

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:33 am When passive -25% crit was introduced for Chosen, everyone screamed how it does counter sooo much renown/gear for order dps, but rampage in reality counters all avoidance renown, gear, tactics and abilities in case of destro tanks.
That is a very, very good point my dood. Well-formulated and everything. Kudos.

Charon

Post#85 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:05 pm

Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:49 am
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:33 am When passive -25% crit was introduced for Chosen, everyone screamed how it does counter sooo much renown/gear for order dps, but rampage in reality counters all avoidance renown, gear, tactics and abilities in case of destro tanks.
That is a very, very good point my dood. Well-formulated and everything. Kudos.
bc you have conterplay to rampage when old chosen tc didnt has any ?? even more it was making cleanse usless at order .....
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#86 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Ashenford wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:45 am
emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:41 am
Spread.
Sure => how you spread in a fort door?? or in a keep door?? or in any chocke point??

also spread was the same counter to marauder aoe dmg...and got nerfed anyways...

Zadorck

Post#87 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:22 am
Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am
So what do the people who play both sides genuinely say about it? The OP in this thread is obviously completely Destro bias, not for a second do I believe he has rr80's on both sides, so his opinion is obviously as flawed as what you say mine is.
Yes, hes biased.
Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am TUP play both sides, what is their opinion on it?
They are playing mostly order since marauder "nerf", but I remember about Xergon being shocked when he was found rampage bypasses avoidance on guard (this part is a problem, not attacks itself being undefendable).
Gurf wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 amI have an opinion because I have a Slayer and when I see people type things like "people press Rampage and everyone dies" obviously have no idea how it works, they seem to have no idea of what the exhaust mechanic even is, or how it usually takes 2 exhausts to get 20 seconds of Rampage or how squishy an enraged Slayer is if they risk using Power Through tactic. The combo is a mass of Slayer all one one spot, ideally all with immunity at the same time all timing their Retribution at the same time. NGE can pull it off because they have obviously played together for a long time and are high rr, you could probably stop their main damage bomb simply by assigning a tank to every Slayer and get them to Taunt them when they channel Retribution.
To begin with, you don't need to be in red to deal "good" damage if properly geared. It takes 5 seconds to reach yellow, so you can throw axe on engage, to be in combat before you get into melee, then you will be yellow literaly on impact. You don't need PT tactic. You will be able to Rampage nearly on impact, and after next 5 seconds you will be already back to yellow with +25% damage and no penalty, keeping rampage for 15s more seconds. While Retribution is huge part of burst, real "problem" are IDs masked under Onslaughts as both are aliments and it makes it harder to cleanse.
15 sec of countering all avoidance renown, gear, tactics and abilities of tanks, dps and healers, but still 'working as intended' for an aoe cap of 24 lol
It was, actually, before aoe cap. But no more.

billyk

Post#88 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:50 pm

tl;dr: Destro is salty their big Orks get creamed by manlets, when DPS shouldn't go for tanks in the first place.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#89 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:53 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:50 pm tl;dr: Destro is salty their big Orks get creamed by manlets, when DPS shouldn't go for tanks in the first place.
They don't, but AoE does hit both tanks and people tanks are guarding. Since damage is undefendable tank takes half of damage from guarded target, and their own dmg, which is big due to high armor penetraion on given career, tanks melt much faster than dps their are guarding, without any focus just AoE spam.
Last edited by M0rw47h on Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#90 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:53 pm

billyk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:50 pm tl;dr: Destro is salty their big Orks get creamed by manlets, when DPS shouldn't go for tanks in the first place.
Do you understand that Fort/Keep takes are a thing? No? Okay.