Recent Topics

Ads

Full SoV and Futile Strike

Let's talk about... everything else
Vizio

Full SoV and Futile Strike

Post#1 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:27 pm

My SM tank is in full SoV and I reset my renown points to experiment with 2H build. When I equipped my SoV tank set and respecced my renown points I noticed that my "chance to be critically hit" was at .7%. I believe I had 2 or 3 points into Futile Strike but that was done when I was probably still in Conq/Vanq. My guild is having a long discussion regarding the need for Futile Strike as it pertains to tanks. So my question to this community is this. As a tank is .7% to be crit ok or is it good to drop below zero %? I have to admit not having to spend 2 or 3 points into futile strike would be nice as it frees up lots of renown points for other stats. Thanks for feedback.

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: Full SoV and Futile Strike

Post#2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:35 pm

You want negative chance to be crit even as dps, thats since your real chance to be crit is : your enemy chance to be crit +/- your chance to be crit. Assuming your enemy has 30% chance to be crit and you got 0,7% chance to be crit, then you got 30,7% chance to be crit, and crit damage is like 45-70% more damage (and up to extra +100% in case of BW/Sorc). You should also remember your initiative can be debufed and so can be chance to be crit (Crimson Death alone is 10%).

Foltestik

Post#3 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:42 pm

its simple are you as tank dying before your dps? if yes you need it if you are last man standing no you dont need it

nuadarstark

Post#4 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Well, there are few ways to get solid Crit reduction % as a tank (in general). High initiative can give you some, gear pieces can give you close to 16% in total I believe (main sov 5 piece bonus, fort 1h, fort shield, gloves or some other pieces) and then Futile Strikes.

From what I remember about crit in RoR, when getting to 0 (on .getstats, not paperdoll), you're basically just fighting your high inherent chance to get crit-ed. Bellow 0%, you're starting to cut into opponnents crit chance too. So you do want it bellow 0 and with pure 0%, you're still going to get crit-ed. Due to that, I'd say FS is still very important on a tank as some classes can really nuke with those critical damage modifiers.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Noslock

Post#5 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 pm

Nope i would not go around in any tank spec without at least 2 or 3 fs. Running 3 both in s/b and 2h for around -28% chance to be crit with s/b if i recall right and -18% on 2h

Koha

Post#6 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:35 pm You want negative chance to be crit even as dps, thats since your real chance to be crit is : your enemy chance to be crit +/- your chance to be crit. Assuming your enemy has 30% chance to be crit and you got 0,7% chance to be crit, then you got 30,7% chance to be crit, and crit damage is like 45-70% more damage (and up to extra +100% in case of BW/Sorc). You should also remember your initiative can be debufed and so can be chance to be crit (Crimson Death alone is 10%).
Are you sure that negative chance to be crit is deducted from the attacker chance to crit ?
I assume that getting -10% will counter skills like kotbs overpowering blow tactic or BG crimson but will it reduce the chance to crit from attacker ?
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

M0rw47h

Post#7 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Koha wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:35 pm You want negative chance to be crit even as dps, thats since your real chance to be crit is : your enemy chance to be crit +/- your chance to be crit. Assuming your enemy has 30% chance to be crit and you got 0,7% chance to be crit, then you got 30,7% chance to be crit, and crit damage is like 45-70% more damage (and up to extra +100% in case of BW/Sorc). You should also remember your initiative can be debufed and so can be chance to be crit (Crimson Death alone is 10%).
Are you sure that negative chance to be crit is deducted from the attacker chance to crit ?
I assume that getting -10% will counter skills like kotbs overpowering blow tactic or BG crimson but will it reduce the chance to crit from attacker ?
Yes. If you got -10% and get affected by OS or CD (+10% to be criticaly hit) you got 0% and if attacker has 30%, then it's 30%. If you got -10% and you ain't affected by OS/CD and attacker crit is 30%, then its 20%.

kmark101

Post#8 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:30 pm

As SnB tank its a total waste. You die from guard damage mostly and it has zero effect on it. FS2 is enough, you can be around 0% crit chance and noone will focus you anyway and if you getting hit by aoe then there is no debuff on you, so having negative is pointless.

If you play 2h in 6v6 then it makes sense to go to negative thou.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
wachlarz

Post#9 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Foltestik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:42 pm its simple are you as tank dying before your dps? if yes you need it if you are last man standing no you dont need it
Perfect tank should die from guard dmg. If tank is last man alife in party he make shitty role as tank

Panodil

Post#10 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:34 am

As a healer im at -15 to -18% to be crit, so a tank should stay bellow zero at least imo
But first should be d&d, parry and block. Want to mitigate as much guarddamage as you can because thats what will kill you
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage