Recent Topics

Ads

travel in time

Let's talk about... everything else
penagos22

travel in time

Post#1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:57 pm

hello as always, forgive my english...

the friend tabelrel made a post where he uploaded some old screenshots of the AOR page, so I was curious and looked for an old AOR database. It is fun to watch and can also be useful to see how you get some trophies. https://web.archive.org/web/20080911132 ... wardb.com/

I suggest you check the career builder to see there were very crazy things back in the day, like the DOK could for 5 seconds reduce all the healing of a target, the DOK could reduce all (100%) healing received by a target, SM could chain stun without CD, KOTBS could increase crit by 10 percent of all allies close to him. https://web.archive.org/web/20080912151 ... aspx?id=13

I don't know if these posts are allowed, please don't ban me.

And with this I do not want to generate fights, behave well.

Ads
penagos22

Re: travel in time

Post#2 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:59 pm

You can also see how the renown and tome tactics work

Dwarni

Post#3 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Interesting, is there somewhere a tutorial on how to extract the item information out of the game files?

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:29 pm

most of the classes in game are no longer like they were on live, most have had abilities changed, tactics removed, or nerfed, and mastery trees changed. I would have been happy just stopping renown at 80 as far as renown points to spent, and leaving everything else the same as from live as far as class mastery trees, tactics etc.

I remember post like 5 years ago about how we have learned from all the issues that plagued mythic on live as far as endgame sets being to powerful, and high armor values, being one of the mains issues with class balance , and were are not going to fall into that same trap ...... lol

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:38 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:29 pm most of the classes in game are no longer like they were on live, most have had abilities changed, tactics removed, or nerfed, and mastery trees changed. I would have been happy just stopping renown at 80 as far as renown points to spent, and leaving everything else the same as from live as far as class mastery trees, tactics etc.

I remember post like 5 years ago about how we have learned from all the issues that plagued mythic on live as far as endgame sets being to powerful, and high armor values, being one of the mains issues with class balance , and were are not going to fall into that same trap ...... lol
Sov is top tier. We're not introducing power scaling beyond it. As more stuff gets introduced it'll just fill in the gap between bloodlord/invader and warlord/sov
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Cheermazon

Post#6 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:14 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:38 pm
DirkDaring wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:29 pm most of the classes in game are no longer like they were on live, most have had abilities changed, tactics removed, or nerfed, and mastery trees changed. I would have been happy just stopping renown at 80 as far as renown points to spent, and leaving everything else the same as from live as far as class mastery trees, tactics etc.

Sov is top tier. We're not introducing power scaling beyond it. As more stuff gets introduced it'll just fill in the gap between bloodlord/invader and warlord/sov
Is this something akin to Vanquisher gloves/boots being BoE as mentioned in the Q&A? Or a price reduction for the set?
Only curious as I've had terrible luck in bags for vanq and got 4x Shoulders and 3xBoots from them, and it seems ill have full invader before I unlock vanq.

penagos22

Post#7 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 am

with this they would invite us to any damn wb for sure, https://web.archive.org/web/20080924172 ... px?id=8310

Tabelrel

Post#8 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:58 am

Interesting link and a good find. I see the forum link takes you off to the old Warhammer Alliance forums and there are some great stickies there on the bestiary\tome unlocks\kill quests etc and where to find them, although appreciate that some may not be active in RoR just yet but will put my travelling boots on and check some out. Looks like these stickies were the info found in the Tome titan add-on

https://web.archive.org/web/20110222180 ... p?t=121526

The quest section looks handy as well as may allow the devs to fill quests in they are missing.
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

Ads
BelligerentBob

Post#9 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:47 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:38 pm

Does this mean the team will be implementing more aesthetically pleasing items in the future? I know Chosen have been dying for Khorne armor and Dawi NPCs have some of the best gear in game.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

DirkDaring

Post#10 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:14 pm

Tabelrel wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:58 am Interesting link and a good find. I see the forum link takes you off to the old Warhammer Alliance forums and there are some great stickies there on the bestiary\tome unlocks\kill quests etc and where to find them, although appreciate that some may not be active in RoR just yet but will put my travelling boots on and check some out. Looks like these stickies were the info found in the Tome titan add-on

https://web.archive.org/web/20110222180 ... p?t=121526

The quest section looks handy as well as may allow the devs to fill quests in they are missing.
Back in Feb 2016, I posted all that information you are talking about as far as tome unlocks, history lore, beast tokens, etc for every zone in the game. in a post that is sticked at the top of the General section of the Forums. Here`s the link to it , but it`s still there, 4 or 5 posts from the top.

Back then they were adding the T3 epic quests to the game , but they didn't know what the one from Dwarf T3 was called, i sent a message to Elven back then letting him know the Quest was Ancient Horror and name of NPC that started it, and a week later it was in game.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11617
Last edited by DirkDaring on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.