Recent Topics

Ads

Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

yes
50%
no
50%
Total votes: 173

saupreusse
Developer

Re: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Post#51 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:57 am

Conqueror and vanq should have more set pieces to give fresh 40s more stats. Renown points should only be given up to rr60 to decrease the power creep. Imo rr60 should also be the highest tier for sets. Invader/sov and warlord should be on the same level, but offer different stats and bonuses. They should also share the same currency. The power creep is definately here even when its not as bad as it was in late live. Thats my opinion on the matter.

Ads
Onigokko0101

Post#52 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:44 am
Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:36 am I guess im in the minority here, barely.

Its not -that- hard to gear up as a fresh 40, but its going to feel like crap for new players. I am of the mind that easing that initial gearing spike (Conq to Vanq) would help newer players as they enter the game, and lets be honest we need new players.

I dont mind someone having an easier time with that initial hill, even though ive had to grind it out multiple times, because lets be honest- Vanq is normally the minimum level to even be competitive. Lets let people get that level decently easy.
I agree, but vanq price has been lower less than 6 month ago, and the number of vanq in the bag has been double recently (like on month ago? can't remember really). I think that the game is quite noob friendly compared to the shitshow that live was, also considering how eaasy is to get PvE gear
and yet its still not uncommon to have full Invader before full Vanq lol
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ysaran

Post#53 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:31 pm
Ysaran wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:44 am
Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:36 am I guess im in the minority here, barely.

Its not -that- hard to gear up as a fresh 40, but its going to feel like crap for new players. I am of the mind that easing that initial gearing spike (Conq to Vanq) would help newer players as they enter the game, and lets be honest we need new players.

I dont mind someone having an easier time with that initial hill, even though ive had to grind it out multiple times, because lets be honest- Vanq is normally the minimum level to even be competitive. Lets let people get that level decently easy.
I agree, but vanq price has been lower less than 6 month ago, and the number of vanq in the bag has been double recently (like on month ago? can't remember really). I think that the game is quite noob friendly compared to the shitshow that live was, also considering how eaasy is to get PvE gear
and yet its still not uncommon to have full Invader before full Vanq lol
That's true. Maybe rewarding vanq instead of invader in city would help. obviously only for those without without the Vanquisher ToK unlock. Anyway I think that gearing up isn't much hard in this game, especially if you have a guild supporting you
Zputadenti

dwyur

Post#54 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:15 pm

you can get Vanq within 2 weeks playing casually
getting to Sov is where you hit a wall
i don't think there's a problem with fresh 40s gearing up, but with the way RvR is right now and when cities happen consistently, everyone I got into the game stopped playing around May/June during the city logging grind for invader and royals
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

anarchypark

Post#55 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 pm

slowing down xp with scroll is not the design of progress.
it's just choice for those who wanna slow down xp for friends to catch up.

carefully count bags and lock rewards you missed by under cr40. and cities.
fresh40 or bolster 3x, it's almost same when face zerg or sov BiS.
1~3 gcd differences marginally. which would be covered by teamplay.
better practice rotation including CR40 skill. some of them are class signatures.

I think it's delusion that low lvl death is less sting and looks like gearing faster.
in fact, it's not much difference.
what do you wearing until 50 ?

I don't understand ppl thinking 35/50 good. they even preach that theory.
they complain grind yet slowing down progress.
It's mystery.

is it to stay in 39 SC bracket?
maybe put rr cap too.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tillbeast

Post#56 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:53 pm

What sucks the most is you eventually get your vanq set and then spend the next 4 months grinding your invaders kit only to find out the invader set is a lot worse than the vanq set. You now faced with a half year grind to get full sov and the spec you prefer does not have a sov set just the lower rr one. How the hell can you not have 3 seperate sov sets of equal power?

marafado
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:04 pm

the easier/faster is to get sets, the easier/faster ppl jump from side to side and follow the easier/faster reward.

some ppl would say the xrealm realms guilds will fix this problem, they only play on underdog, and to get good fights, and to advice devs, and to get "easier/faster" ;p

Akalukz

Post#58 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Just start rewarding conq medalions / emblems after unlocking merc/anni Vanquisher belt BoE. Increase renown gain in T2/T3 scenarios to match exp (speed ratio) move renown point useage cap from 35 to 40.

Although I will go back and agree with saupreusse on the biggest problem is gear creep and renown points. The game was probably most balanced at Conq gear as BiS and RR60 cap. I mean it's crazy giving out 2 extra mastery points. Want to do that. Make RR100 and RR125
-= Agony =-

Ads
Dwarni

Post#59 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Some nice ideas already.

However, I fear some only play this game not because it is fun but because they want to farm gear. I wonder what happens when they get all their gear. Maybe they'll just quit. Gear should never be the main motivation to play a game.

Also the argument: "I had to do it myself" is a little bit flawed ;)

nuadarstark

Post#60 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:32 pm

You create another alt and farm gear on them, I'd say.

Various people will have various motivations to play the game. Not something you can really control (nor should you be able to). Like it or not but gear and "progression" of it are some of the biggest drivers behind MMORPGs. Otherwise you'd just as well could play an arena hero game or some form of an arena shooter.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov