Recent Topics

Ads

Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

yes
50%
no
50%
Total votes: 173

lyncher12

Re: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Post#21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:33 pm

also would like to add im not a fan of the oppressor grind. its literally the only thing you get from sc's where as doing open rvr gives you so much more. and yet at the same time a class like shaman has nowhere to go but oppressor because bloodlord set is hot garbage.

Ads
Sofong

Post#22 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 pm

no, lets keep the newb newb as long as possible, that way we can keep farming them with our 85 twinks and pretend we are pro.

horuson

Post#23 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:07 pm

just make oppressor grind easier
for the rest its already pretty easy and fast

Ysaran

Post#24 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:38 pm

lol, atm seems that majority of forum think the gearing time is fine as it is now. Maybe you should follow some of the great advices the comunity gave you in this and other posts. Just maybe...
Zputadenti

RuffRyder

Post#25 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:58 pm

I’d like to add that what I assume is many (both new and old ones leveling alts) players’ problem is: After Vanq the other sets are not anymore what you would call “on demand”, you can’t just do usual RvR which is active more or less all the time, but have to either be able to play a lot longer sessions, fort/city log or have a huge grind for Shards and Crests.

Players that are occupied with irl stuff and can solely play e.g. for 2-3 hours in the evening have to be lucky to catch a fort or city, and I’m talking out of experience where it’s been 1 fort per week and 1 city every two weeks even lately, my first City set took me like half a year actually.

No, that part is nowhere near easy ofc, but we’re also taking about absolute endgame gear from RvR perspective. But it’s also true that you have possibilities to compensate for such gear gaps to a certain extent with SC/PvE gear (ofc depending on class, not easy on all of them sadly).

Does that remove my fun playing? Maybe a bit sometimes when the aim is gearing up.
Do I have alternatives to do? Yes. I can gear up lower alts, enjoy farming RR in the mid of (in RvR) or towards the end (in SCs) of mid-tier, while starting over with PvE gear (even if only Beastlord). For neither of those alternatives you need a premade, just know how to make use of bolster, I just assume it’s much faster when having one.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

M0rw47h

Post#26 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Once you get vanq, you get invader medalions in bags. It's much easier than it was let say, year ago.

NSKaneda

Post#27 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:09 pm

It takes about three weeks of grind to get from zero to full invader (vanq grind is actually longer). And the grind has already been made a lot easier with invader and royal medallions being in zone bags and players dropping shards on kill. You can get about 15-25 shards a night with roaming group, good fight in fort can get you 12-15 invaders.

It takes about two weeks of grinding scenarios to get both anathema weapons (or one two hander).

It's pretty fast right now and it's been done so in response to player's pleas on forum and in game. To make it faster/easier would mean that pretty soon (3-4 months) population would start dropping and warpforged and doomflyer sets would have to be introduced (or sov-grade darkpromise and tyrant).
We've been in this situation before when annihilator / merc / beastlord were BiS for a long, long time.

Sure, grinding pve sets (Gunbad / city dungeons / Bastion Stairs) can be a drag but it's an alternative, not a must (it could be easier if pvp sets gave wards like live sets did but I get the idea behind it). And I still get nightmares about 6 months of grinding buggy 7th tovl boss to get IB helm (which, by the time it finally dropped became obsolete as I've lvled up).
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#28 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:57 pm

I think it's not too grindy/hard currently but there are issues that should be addressed and would fix huge headackes/bottlenecks.

1) Royals to Invaders 1:1 - Makes no sense at all really...
2) Fortress weapon locked behing Invader but Invader set being only specifit to one spec, DPS or Heal and no counterpart, meaning... People will find themselves having to grind for months for a set they couldn't care less about just to be able to purchase the weapon in the end.

Things like this are in serious NEED of a fix, otherwise it's ok.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#29 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:57 pm 2) Fortress weapon locked behing Invader but Invader set being only specifit to one spec, DPS or Heal and no counterpart, meaning... People will find themselves having to grind for months for a set they couldn't care less about just to be able to purchase the weapon in the end.
Problem is that Vanquisher took old invader place while current warlord is the off-spec set and out of place in grind ladder (kind of a waste of royals) on the way to sovereign. However if Warlord was bought with invaders and gave royal unlock like inv does it'd make much more sense IMO.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

StrongUn

Post#30 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Yes

Instead of making end game gear harder to get to avoid "gear gap" make lower sets easier to get, so new players can gear up faster and easier to match those SOV 80+ zergs