Recent Topics

Ads

Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

yes
50%
no
50%
Total votes: 173

carthagerising

Re: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Post#61 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:23 pm

I voted no.

It is not hard to gear up in this game and similar arguments have been made in many mmos over the years usually coming from people who cannot or will not dedicate the time to get what they want. I dont say that as some kind of judgement but simply that it is good to have a reward for time spent and if you do/are able to dedicate a solid amount of time then this games gear progression isnt half as bad as some ppl suggest it to be. Sov can take time but it is now faster than ever as the tokens come from many sources and if you put effort into finding a group to run with either with a guild or joining the people who regularly set up city groups then it is not as bad as it seems.

Also...
Dwarni wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 pm Some nice ideas already.

However, I fear some only play this game not because it is fun but because they want to farm gear. I wonder what happens when they get all their gear. Maybe they'll just quit. Gear should never be the main motivation to play a game.

Also the argument: "I had to do it myself" is a little bit flawed ;)
many will not accept this or acknowledge it but this happens all the time. Having been in a few guilds that put effort into what is the current end game this happens all the time. Many get their characters into sov and either disappear until a new update or immediately start a new alt. The attrition rate is high among many of the "better" guilds and honestly a delay is beneficial to the game for keeping good active players around longer and not having them drop off as they feel they have hit their progression goal. sure you can say that design should take care of this problem but realistically delaying the end is much more realistic.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Ads