Recent Topics

Ads

Ditching Forts Mid-Siege

Let's talk about... everything else
JarlBerzirk

Re: Ditching Forts Mid-Siege

Post#71 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:14 am

nat3s wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:54 pm Reward is way off. The design of RoR is incredibly conservative when it comes to reward and forts are no exception. 2 medals and no bag rolls for losing, when you consider Order wins 72% of all forts and 94% when they are attacking that's little incentive for Destro to show up and stick around.

Increase it back to 4, remove invader from rvr bags and introduce loser bag rolls. Increase minimum contrib to ensure people keep trying and leavers lose all rewards.
Please for the love of Gork dont increase min contrib...im up to 8 forts in a row now of "not enough contribution for reward," and theres a lot in the same boat as me. And i never afk, always fight hard, always try to push flags against the order zerg...but it never seems to be enough. I always try to participate to the best of my ability even against insurmountable odds, but when i do all that work and cant even get a measely 2 invaders, its super disheartening...

Ads
Sigford

Post#72 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 am

MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am Forts are fine and fun . Just cause destro lose them doesnt mean its broken . On another note , only desto ditch forts from what i have gathered thus far , they also are the only ones that zerg camp the warcamp . Order has just less jerks in it i suppose.
But when order gets dunked on for city there's a problem. We told order to "git gud" for cities yet destro gets nerfed over and over and over again. Order tells us to "git gud" for forts when we lose 90%+ not a single bat of an eye. Probably is fun just camping RSW, RoF spamming BW and mortar round engis. Most order biased comment you could post lol.
Dachosen - 8X Chosen
<Ere We Go> - GM
The NoBodies -Alliance

MMXX43

Post#73 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:54 am

Sigford wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 am
MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am Forts are fine and fun . Just cause destro lose them doesnt mean its broken . On another note , only desto ditch forts from what i have gathered thus far , they also are the only ones that zerg camp the warcamp . Order has just less jerks in it i suppose.
But when order gets dunked on for city there's a problem. We told order to "git gud" for cities yet destro gets nerfed over and over and over again. Order tells us to "git gud" for forts when we lose 90%+ not a single bat of an eye. Probably is fun just camping RSW, RoF spamming BW and mortar round engis. Most order biased comment you could post lol.
read more comments , you "dunked" for a reason . Probably is fun to be constantly snared , aoe kded and melee tossed from a melee train . Most cringe destro comment you could post , then i saw your signature and got the picture . ;)
Last edited by MMXX43 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MMXX43

Post#74 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:58 am

MMXX43 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:54 am
Sigford wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 am
read more comments , you "dunked" for a reason . Probably is fun to be constantly snared , aoe kded and melee tossed from a melee train . Most cringe destro comment you could post , then i saw your signature and got the picture . ;)
MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:01 pm
franzjaeger wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:52 pm
MMXX43 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:21 pm
You might have a 6 man or less patroling near the wc in SOME zones ( not all zones are as eligible for ganking due to the geographical localities of each warcamp / chapter being, even them, destro favourable, example KV keep / Warcamp, 2 exits in Caledor etc etc etc., on the other hand, you constantly zerg camp the order warcamp Caledor etc .etc. etc .

Disregarding the fart part , each has his own fascinations i suppose .
Order has been pushing double even triple fort and winning cause your tryhard overlords dont care about you puglings/zerglings , they already full sov :) gl hf.

Lol you've got to be kidding me. Just a week or so ago when order consistently had twice the destro numbers in RvR they were constantly roaming with full wbs ganking and camping wcs. Not that I saw any destro players complaining about that, it's part of the game, but don't pretend like it didn't happen. But this narrative is pushed constantly, just like order can't admit that they're zerging too when they get the chance, to them it's just "order pride" and they're still the honorable underdogs even when they siege a keep with thrice the destro numbers.

Both sides zerg, both sides gank. Simple as that.

And yeah sure forts are fine and balanced, no changes needed. Ofc when destro were dominating cities, order took to the forums singing an entirely different tune and got the changes they wanted. I don't don't hold any illusions about destro getting the same favorable treatment, though.
Comparing forts to cities is like ...<>?! :?: :!: i would sympathize if the destro realm was not overstacked with cc utility and synergy <3 Destro was dominating the cities cause they could build m4 in 30 sec , wb scale and bomb , having 6 !!!!!!! morale pumps in either plain tactic or minor speccing , while order has 3 all self or specced up in trees and st :) I ll rest my case . https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... ale_Drains

MMXX43

Post#75 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:00 am

hammerhead wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:27 pm Fort are fine. Forts are good! So git gud!

So wait wait :P when this was a constant reality for Order game worked as intended ?
Y all remember the lag pushes in forts, complete with firepots and sh*t ? Y i member :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nat3s

Post#76 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:55 am

JarlBerzirk wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:14 am
nat3s wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:54 pm Reward is way off. The design of RoR is incredibly conservative when it comes to reward and forts are no exception. 2 medals and no bag rolls for losing, when you consider Order wins 72% of all forts and 94% when they are attacking that's little incentive for Destro to show up and stick around.

Increase it back to 4, remove invader from rvr bags and introduce loser bag rolls. Increase minimum contrib to ensure people keep trying and leavers lose all rewards.
Please for the love of Gork dont increase min contrib...im up to 8 forts in a row now of "not enough contribution for reward," and theres a lot in the same boat as me. And i never afk, always fight hard, always try to push flags against the order zerg...but it never seems to be enough. I always try to participate to the best of my ability even against insurmountable odds, but when i do all that work and cant even get a measely 2 invaders, its super disheartening...

Yeah fair point I've had this happen several times myself, usually when Order has a high overpop giving us no chance. Which is another issue, if 1 side has twice the numbers in a fort, it disincentivises people joining the low pop side to help as there's a good chance they'll endure a 45min stompfest for 0 medals. The exact opposite of the low pop mechanic in the lakes that buffs reward (renown) for the low pop side to help balance things out.

Maybe 4 medals for losing again, lower contrib threshold, but no bag roll?

Is it actually possible to get full Invader at the RR level it's aimed at on Destro side? I didn't finish my set until rr81 and 3-4 pieces into Sov. It's the worst grind in the game, low rewards based on frustrating content.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

JarlBerzirk

Post#77 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:37 am

nat3s wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:55 am
JarlBerzirk wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:14 am

Yeah fair point I've had this happen several times myself, usually when Order has a high overpop giving us no chance. Which is another issue, if 1 side has twice the numbers in a fort, it disincentivises people joining the low pop side to help as there's a good chance they'll endure a 45min stompfest for 0 medals. The exact opposite of the low pop mechanic in the lakes that buffs reward (renown) for the low pop side to help balance things out.

Maybe 4 medals for losing again, lower contrib threshold, but no bag roll?

Is it actually possible to get full Invader at the RR level it's aimed at on Destro side? I didn't finish my set until rr81 and 3-4 pieces into Sov. It's the worst grind in the game, low rewards based on frustrating content.
Yeah it almost feels like invader is now nigh impossible to get. Feels like sov is just easier.

M0rw47h

Post#78 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:46 am

JarlBerzirk wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:37 am
Yeah it almost feels like invader is now nigh impossible to get. Feels like sov is just easier.
How so? You can get both in cities, and from oRvR bags if you get proper unlocks, also you get extra invaders for participating in forts. On top of all that invader (177 for unlock) is cheaper than sov (419?).

Ads
Brakh

Post#79 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:48 am

Leveled 3 order toons. All of them got full invader while having like 3-4 vanq pieces.
Recently leveled 1 destro toon. He got full vanq and 1 invader piece.

JarlBerzirk

Post#80 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:52 am

^ I rest my case