Recent Topics

Ads

Call to the development team

Let's talk about... everything else
Seravajan

Re: Call to the development team

Post#41 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 am

On Destru side I notice the lack of rDPS in scenarios. Most SH are going mSH because this is stronger. Magus and Sorcerers are subpar versions of the order versions. There are so few magus and sorcs around. My level 26 engie feels more complete than my level 35 sorc. The BW has more utility (ex: 3 sec kd or a self cleanse) and self sustain than a sorc.
Destru needs a buff in all three rDPS classes.

Ads
Gurf

Post#42 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:11 am

Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 am On Destru side I notice the lack of rDPS in scenarios. Most SH are going mSH because this is stronger. Magus and Sorcerers are subpar versions of the order versions. There are so few magus and sorcs around. My level 26 engie feels more complete than my level 35 sorc. The BW has more utility (ex: 3 sec kd or a self cleanse) and self sustain than a sorc.
Magus is better than Engi as Engi needs to stack 2 stats to be effective, while Magus only needs Int.

Starx

Post#43 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:12 am

Gurf wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:11 am
Seravajan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 am On Destru side I notice the lack of rDPS in scenarios. Most SH are going mSH because this is stronger. Magus and Sorcerers are subpar versions of the order versions. There are so few magus and sorcs around. My level 26 engie feels more complete than my level 35 sorc. The BW has more utility (ex: 3 sec kd or a self cleanse) and self sustain than a sorc.
Magus is better than Engi as Engi needs to stack 2 stats to be effective, while Magus only needs Int.
Ah yes, I dont actually need the 40% increased damage from my demon who knew it was just about stacking int? Changed my life dude, gonna try this when i log on tommorow.

Gurf

Post#44 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:15 am

Starx wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:12 am
Ah yes, I dont actually need the 40% increased damage from my demon who knew it was just about stacking int? Changed my life dude, gonna try this when i log on tommorow.
No problem, glad I could be of help

Seravajan

Post#45 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 am

How it comes that many engies are still dealing more damage than a magus?

Starx

Post#46 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:21 am

Gurf wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:15 am
Starx wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:12 am

No problem, glad I could be of help
I read that as stacks like from turret, oops haha.

Engineer does get an auto attack, has its main damage type debuffable by common morales like tank M1, and better base debuffs like from WL. Sure magus is better at killing tanks, but I think engineer has a much more scary damage ceiling, and their M3 is bonkers.

Magus just shreds pugs much faster without any help. The biggest letdown for engineer is in the AoE department compared to magus, mostly in mobility firestorm vs shells, agonizing torrent vs lightning rod...

MonkeyHead

Post#47 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:36 pm

I have a Rdps on both sides. both are 40/RR50ish, leveled in the last few months. Im a returning player who maybe isn't aware of some issues. all I can go by is my experience, maybe yours is different. There are huge differences in play across realms. Some could be game mechanics or balance issues, but the issue I see as I play every day is player focus. The order RDPS gets support while the destro one is left to die. Destro spends its resources (heals, Guards) on mdps, and the range dies. Destros fighting tactics don't work great for the RDPS. The tanks and MDPS are always pulling us through the order tanks. On my order toons when a tank shows up in the back lines our mdps are killing it. On destro, me and the healer have to burn it down. Its painful being RDPS on Destro. It's not the sort of challenge I look for in games. I don't like the order side of this game. But its now my main because I'm not willing to play the destro toon at the moment.

Mnemon

Post#48 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:27 pm

I do wonder why the dev team hasn't tackled the 'kind of mirror classes but not really' aspect of this game. I understand it would be a huge undertaking, but this is already a huge undertaking.

I'd have to say the lack of balance between Destro and Order classes is the biggest issue still left over from live. I'd say about half or more of the posts in this thread would be answered if career abilities were the same at lvl 40 regardless of faction.
Swordmaster | BeneTleilax
Former Guild Master | Knights of Darkness | Badlands Live Server

Ads
Nekkma

Post#49 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Mnemon wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:27 pm I do wonder why the dev team hasn't tackled the 'kind of mirror classes but not really' aspect of this game. I understand it would be a huge undertaking, but this is already a huge undertaking.

I'd have to say the lack of balance between Destro and Order classes is the biggest issue still left over from live. I'd say about half or more of the posts in this thread would be answered if career abilities were the same at lvl 40 regardless of faction.
Well, alot of people actually like that sides are not complete mirrors. I personally love that the factions and mirror classes plays differently. If that leads to a bit more balance issues it is well worth it.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Acidic

Post#50 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:02 pm

Mnemon wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:27 pm I do wonder why the dev team hasn't tackled the 'kind of mirror classes but not really' aspect of this game. I understand it would be a huge undertaking, but this is already a huge undertaking.

I would strongly suggest that they have put huge effort into this, but game play audience is a tuff ordience.
The game is in a much better state than live was, the problem with balance is how you measure it and what metics you use. As the saying goes, lies, bloody lies then statistics.
Also remember even if the balance was perfect , play style differ, organization differed, population differs so it’s tuff. This said I won’t stop my pushing “my balance view” but have to respect devs that they also have thier view and thier stats