Recent Topics

Ads

Soldier Emblem cost

Let's talk about... everything else
Impmon

Soldier Emblem cost

Post#1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:49 am

Why are soldier emblem armor pieces so much more expensive then soldier medallion? I don’t see a huge difference in stats. One piece costing like 60+ emblems vs the equivalent medallion piece only costing like 15-20 🤷‍♂️

Ads
franzjaeger

Re: Soldier Emblem cost

Post#2 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:22 am

Honestly many of the medallion/emblem costs across the board are pretty ****. It's at the point where you've most likely outleveled the gear long before you can afford it. Lower level gear shouldn't really be a grind imo, it should be there to help you to grind by being accessible. Gear grinding is for end game gear.

It's the same with RvR influence rewards. By the time you get them, they're trash because you've either outleveled it or gotten better gear somewhere else. In the case of tier 1 rewards you probably won't even get anything beyond the first reward in each zone, maybe the second if you're lucky, before you're already lvl 16 and have moved on to tier 2-4.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:33 am

Impmon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:49 am Why are soldier emblem armor pieces so much more expensive then soldier medallion? I don’t see a huge difference in stats. One piece costing like 60+ emblems vs the equivalent medallion piece only costing like 15-20 🤷‍♂️
Emblems are easier to get than medallions, thats the reason of higher costs.

Disael

Post#4 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:20 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:33 am
Impmon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:49 am Why are soldier emblem armor pieces so much more expensive then soldier medallion? I don’t see a huge difference in stats. One piece costing like 60+ emblems vs the equivalent medallion piece only costing like 15-20 🤷‍♂️
Emblems are way harder to get than medals. Combined with higher amounts needed this makes scenario sets a lot harder to get.
You can easily aquire the medals you need to another tier in an evening up until officers, due to the multiplication when converting down.

Impmon

Post#5 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:33 pm

franzjaeger wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:22 am Honestly many of the medallion/emblem costs across the board are pretty ****. It's at the point where you've most likely outleveled the gear long before you can afford it. Lower level gear shouldn't really be a grind imo, it should be there to help you to grind by being accessible. Gear grinding is for end game gear.

It's the same with RvR influence rewards. By the time you get them, they're trash because you've either outleveled it or gotten better gear somewhere else. In the case of tier 1 rewards you probably won't even get anything beyond the first reward in each zone, maybe the second if you're lucky, before you're already lvl 16 and have moved on to tier 2-4.
Totally agree. Almost seems like theres no point to levels 16-40. just level fast as you can.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Disael wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:20 pm
Spoiler:
Emblems are way harder to get than medals.
Wrong.
You get like 8-10 emblems for win a SC (4-5 for win and 4-5 for the win-quest, cant remember exactly the number). Also you can get emblems killing enemies in SC. And also (since a few weeks) you get extra emblems if you top heal/dmg/absorb/objetives.

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 pm

I agree that emblems are easy to get but they are still weirdly expensive for off spec gear. My main beef is that you do tend to outlevel your gear quickly doing anything but zerg surfing and spamming reduced exp scrolls.

Essentially what happens as the oft maligned "low-level," is that no one but pug warbands want you in T4. Hence it is easier to spam mid-tier scens but those don't give you anything but the weapons.

As I recently leveled a WP I would essentially only go back to ORvR to get enough medals to get the next main spec set and then go back to scens because its easier than using bolster and fighting sov toons. Even then I am sitting at like rr45 level 35 in anni trying to figure out how the hell I get enough exp. Guess I just grind away in ORvR while being considered a shitty low level even though I am often 1 of 2 healers in a wb. ppl would rather have 0 healers than 1 below level 40 apparently.

The main thing that needs to be fixed is that low levels are expected to somehow fill the same ORvR spots with 1/3 of the abilities and without having 4 tactic slots. Meanwhile, the only low level content is scens that give you trash gear. I've seen too many (apparently new) tanks running SnB in merc or devastator at level 40 lol.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

PlagueMonk

Post#8 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:37 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Spoiler:

Wrong.
You get like 8-10 emblems for win a SC (4-5 for win and 4-5 for the win-quest, cant remember exactly the number). Also you can get emblems killing enemies in SC. And also (since a few weeks) you get extra emblems if you top heal/dmg/absorb/objetives.

Actually it depends. If you are WINNING, emblems are easy, but if you are not, then they extremely difficult to get.

Last night I lost all but 1 SC due to a single fact, NO HEALERS (I posted a topic about this in the suggestion forum). Destruction at minimum always had between 2-4 while Order had 1-0. No healers is going to lose you the SC pretty much every time.

And you mention being top in something (which will give you +2 emblems), well if you aren't then you get 1...ONE emblem for participating. Do you know how difficult and frustrating that is? Add to that the fact that people are unintentionally throwing matches just to get a top spot in something for those extra 2 emblems. Ex. that person who will just sit at one objective and not participate in the battles just to get top obj. Could REALLY have used them but they were essentially AFK.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:45 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:37 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Wrong.
Actually it depends. If you are WINNING, emblems are easy, but if you are not, then they extremely difficult to get.

Last night I lost all but 1 SC due to a single fact, NO HEALERS (I posted a topic about this in the suggestion forum). Destruction at minimum always had between 2-4 while Order had 1-0. No healers is going to lose you the SC pretty much every time.

And you mention being top in something (which will give you +2 emblems), well if you aren't then you get 1...ONE emblem for participating. Do you know how difficult and frustrating that is? Add to that the fact that people are unintentionally throwing matches just to get a top spot in something for those extra 2 emblems. Ex. that person who will just sit at one objective and not participate in the battles just to get top obj. Could REALLY have used them but they were essentially AFK.
Well if you go to open RvR alone, with no group/wb and do NOTHING you will get no medallions at all...

Do you know how difficult and frustrating that is? => looks like its not enough frustating to make a group. Improve your options to win is in your own hands, win a sc is not rocket science, make a proper grp and queue.... 1 emblem for lose Vs 5-6 for win, worth the effort to try to make a grp.

PlagueMonk

Post#10 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:47 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:45 pm
PlagueMonk wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:37 pm
Spoiler:

Wrong.

Well if you go to open RvR alone, with no group/wb and do NOTHING you will get no medallions at all...

Do you know how difficult and frustrating that is? => looks like its not enough frustrating to make a group. Improve your options to win is in your own hands, win a sc is not rocket science, make a proper grp and queue.... 1 emblem for lose Vs 5-6 for win, worth the effort to try to make a grp.
My experience with premades is personally not that good, at least timewise. I'm first off not in a guild (which can be an easy way to form a pre-made) and I often don't have the time it takes to wait around looking for the perfect setup. Wish I did but it is what it is. So my best option given my circumstances is usually a PUG. I also don't agree that's the answer either and feel PUGs should have a bit more balance to them than just warm bodies to fill slots.

Not sure what your ORvR comment is supposed to mean because we all know doing nothing awards you with.....well, nothing. There is almost always an open WB going and if not you can make one and people will just start joining. I do know however that there are plenty of rogue WE's out there that do nothing but prey on stragglers so alone can be fine if that's your plan.