Recent Topics

Ads

Toughness damage reduction

Let's talk about... everything else
vanbuinen77

Toughness damage reduction

Post#1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Since the patch that removed the cap on toughness, I seem to recall a line that said that % damage is either not affected the same as base damage or it completly ignores toughness.

Any Devs around that could provide insight on this please?
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:29 am

What do you mean by "% damage"?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

fontin

Post#3 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 am

come back from a long break, is it worthy to stack toughness on tanks now than armor/wounds?

kaloel

Post#4 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am

also outgoing damage multipliers will increase the toughness mitigation of the target.
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issue ... -709375126

Toughness is equal to -1 strength/int/bal. So if you deal +50% damage because you are an enraged choppa, that toughness will still mitigate the base damage, and thus mitigate 50% more of the final damage.

kmark101

Post#5 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm

Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since the recent changes.

This is also sadly a very hard indirect nerf to classes that use 2 stats (like str/ws) to do damage, compared to classes that use 1 stat (like spriti damage chosen or SM), because the latter can stack up toughness without nerfing their damage.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm

kmark101 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since the recent changes.

This is also sadly a very hard indirect nerf to classes that use 2 stats (like str/ws) to do damage, compared to classes that use 1 stat (like spriti damage chosen or SM), because the latter can stack up toughness without nerfing their damage.
So the 75% (iirc) softcap to toughness mitigation means 750 plus however much you feel like is needed to account for debuffs for tanks right? That is the theory I have been running with my IB. Its not as much as I used to stack before as I've gone for more wounds with Vanq, Invader, Sov making it easy to softcap wounds with WP buff.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Zxul

Post#7 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm
kmark101 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since the recent changes.

So the 75% (iirc) softcap to toughness mitigation means 750 plus however much you feel like is needed to account for debuffs for tanks right? That is the theory I have been running with my IB. Its not as much as I used to stack before as I've gone for more wounds with Vanq, Invader, Sov making it easy to softcap wounds with WP buff.
Toughness no longer has a cap on mitigation.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

kmark101

Post#8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:14 am

Zxul wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm Toughness no longer has a cap on mitigation.
Can confirm that. It's pretty common now that you hit a chosen with your IB for 10 damage (260 mitigated), while he blasts you for usual 300+ swings.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:45 am

Zxul wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Toughness no longer has a cap on mitigation.
also wound doesn't affected by diminish return.
paper doll wound get orange color and number look like diminishing returns.
but your hp gets additive without loss.

personally i prefer toughness over wound.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

bendoman

Post#10 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:58 am

Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since recent changes.