Recent Topics

Ads

Toughness damage reduction

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
vanbuinen77
Posts: 68

Toughness damage reduction

Post#1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Since the patch that removed the cap on toughness, I seem to recall a line that said that % damage is either not affected the same as base damage or it completly ignores toughness.

Any Devs around that could provide insight on this please?
Malificatium-Magus
Neferata-Dok
Archeron-Chosen
Checkpoint-Mara
Ouchmyfoot-Squigherder
Greeniemeanie-Shaman
Doomedagain-Slayer
Dogcatcher-White Lion
Breakthis-Ironbreaker

Ads
User avatar
Rydiak
Posts: 437

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:29 am

What do you mean by "% damage"?
Rydiak/WP/85 - "That Grace WP"

Interested in Grace, but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Try my Google Sheets-based RoR Damage Calculator!
Updated 08/13/20

Bonus RoR Calculations Sheet

fontin
Posts: 4

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#3 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 am

come back from a long break, is it worthy to stack toughness on tanks now than armor/wounds?

kaloel
Posts: 16

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#4 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am

also outgoing damage multipliers will increase the toughness mitigation of the target.
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issue ... -709375126

Toughness is equal to -1 strength/int/bal. So if you deal +50% damage because you are an enraged choppa, that toughness will still mitigate the base damage, and thus mitigate 50% more of the final damage.

User avatar
kmark101
Posts: 379

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#5 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm

Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since the recent changes.

This is also sadly a very hard indirect nerf to classes that use 2 stats (like str/ws) to do damage, compared to classes that use 1 stat (like spriti damage chosen or SM), because the latter can stack up toughness without nerfing their damage.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 707

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#6 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm

kmark101 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm
Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since the recent changes.

This is also sadly a very hard indirect nerf to classes that use 2 stats (like str/ws) to do damage, compared to classes that use 1 stat (like spriti damage chosen or SM), because the latter can stack up toughness without nerfing their damage.
So the 75% (iirc) softcap to toughness mitigation means 750 plus however much you feel like is needed to account for debuffs for tanks right? That is the theory I have been running with my IB. Its not as much as I used to stack before as I've gone for more wounds with Vanq, Invader, Sov making it easy to softcap wounds with WP buff.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/74) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/81) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Zxul
Posts: 1007

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#7 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm
kmark101 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm
Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since the recent changes.

This is also sadly a very hard indirect nerf to classes that use 2 stats (like str/ws) to do damage, compared to classes that use 1 stat (like spriti damage chosen or SM), because the latter can stack up toughness without nerfing their damage.
So the 75% (iirc) softcap to toughness mitigation means 750 plus however much you feel like is needed to account for debuffs for tanks right? That is the theory I have been running with my IB. Its not as much as I used to stack before as I've gone for more wounds with Vanq, Invader, Sov making it easy to softcap wounds with WP buff.
Toughness no longer has a cap on mitigation.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

User avatar
kmark101
Posts: 379

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#8 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:14 am

Zxul wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm
Toughness no longer has a cap on mitigation.
Can confirm that. It's pretty common now that you hit a chosen with your IB for 10 damage (260 mitigated), while he blasts you for usual 300+ swings.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
anarchypark
Posts: 1682

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#9 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:45 am

Zxul wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm
CountTalabecland wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm
kmark101 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:35 pm
Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since the recent changes.

This is also sadly a very hard indirect nerf to classes that use 2 stats (like str/ws) to do damage, compared to classes that use 1 stat (like spriti damage chosen or SM), because the latter can stack up toughness without nerfing their damage.
So the 75% (iirc) softcap to toughness mitigation means 750 plus however much you feel like is needed to account for debuffs for tanks right? That is the theory I have been running with my IB. Its not as much as I used to stack before as I've gone for more wounds with Vanq, Invader, Sov making it easy to softcap wounds with WP buff.
Toughness no longer has a cap on mitigation.
also wound doesn't affected by diminish return.
paper doll wound get orange color and number look like diminishing returns.
but your hp gets additive without loss.

personally i prefer toughness over wound.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL5, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB5, EG4, RP4, SL5
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Cs7, Mg7, Ze6, Mara6, BO4, SH4, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

bendoman
Posts: 1

Re: Toughness damage reduction

Post#10 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:58 am

Toughness became a very important and powerful stat since recent changes.
2048

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gurf, mickeye, Toshutkidup, Zona and 52 guests