Recent Topics

Ads

Why Should I...

Let's talk about... everything else
Monkeegod

Why Should I...

Post#1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:29 am

Leading title, I admit.

The three classes I never played, live or alpha, are SW, SM and Zealot. Not sure why, just never did.

So, those of you who play those classes, tell me - why should I want to play them (besides learning them better to fight against them)? Am I missing out on something awesome?

Ads
Xaun

Re: Why Should I...

Post#2 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:26 am

If you're looking for something to play in T1, you'll be delighted with the SW - then you get rKD in T2! but good luck finding top-end (for T1) gear

SM/BO were much weaker than they should have been in Live, with the patch-that-never-was bringing them closer still to a viable option on tank. One of the lead devs (Azarael) was born a red-headed stepchil.. erm Swordmaster and so he's seemed open in the past to considering implementing some of those changes (later)

I am crap on the Zealot, but I see some Zealots not only post big numbers in SCs (not the primary indicator of how good a healer they are), but also make a difference in some SCs as to whether Destro can push when the battle is teetering at ~50/50

amputationsaw

Post#3 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:27 am

nope, maybe you can try SM, but the server is full of SWs and zealots. really, they have tons of them in the back :roll:

Mez

Post#4 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:15 am

The elitist answer is so you know how to kill them.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ototo

Post#5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:26 am

SW: Free stats coming from instances (this is important in t1), above-average RDPS (non-Magical, what is quite a good thing when it comes to kill healers), a ranged mirror to Maras (purely speaking of mechanics and the way is played, ofc the f*****g mara has a lot more gadgets).

SM: off-Tank with lots of magical skills, really good DPS (specially using 2h weapons, but then is really low in survavility cause lack the free stats from KoBS auras), complex and challenging class to mastar due to Balance mechanic that requires a quite carefull and accurate planning of abilities (u need to plan ahead at least 3 hits from no-Balance to Perfect-Balance).

Zealot: Same as RP, highly and mobile HPS, cheesy to use and easy to master (toss HoT, toss 1.5secs mini-HoT, toss insta-heal, etc..... ad eternum).
Spoiler:

Coryphaus

Post#6 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 am

Ordo's so full RDPS especially sw's so do them a favor and dont be another dime a dozen SW, the class falls off more and more a you progress down thiers that by t4 the only thing interesting about the class is fester bomb shenanigans

SM is an weak tank b/c KOBS and IB are simply much better, espically in grps which is what this game is centred around, the classes abilities seem to be centered around going 2h but being a 2h tank is not really viable in higher tiers, if you go SnB SM can become the ultimate turtle tank but for all the survivability that the class gets it cant really do anything with it besides take hits but then smart players will now not to target the turtle tank

Dont really play healers so cant tell you about zelot

Dajciekrwi

Post#7 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:41 pm

If y want have a fun from playing as ord , i must sadly say that y need a SW. If y will play a s Order mdps, y better watch for some frendly wp,to heal y hard, because generally Order do care a lot for mdpses

Coryphaus

Post#8 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:05 pm

how hard is it to find a healer....on ORDER? :lol:

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:17 pm

yeah some scs order is like 50%+ healers, fighting a brick wall

zealot is a fun class, you're extremely mobile. you can really stick with the destro melee train, bouncing around, weaving between the fight to make yourself hard to target. you have great hots and when you up your heal crit chance, your extremely spammable flash heal will be doing crazy work

Monkeegod

Post#10 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Lots of useful information so far, thank you!