Recent Topics

Ads

MSH's "Protection"

Let's talk about... everything else
WarXL

MSH's "Protection"

Post#1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi all. What builds "Protection" numbers in scenario/city statistics for MSH? Is that self armor buffs? Or detaunts? Or something else?

Ads
Lyability

Re: MSH's "Protection"

Post#2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:28 pm

Sorry what is MSH?

I think I have the same question? My KotBs is getting a ton of protection points in SCs from I'm assuming just walking around with auras because I'm not a very good tank otherwise? Meanwhile, my IB is hardly getting any and I'm tossing guard, taunts, debuffs and OF buffs around like candy on Halloween. Really struggling to get points into protection score as an IB in >T2 SCs. I know it is about the team, but I'm assuming this plays into contribution for bag rolls in ORvR?

So I too would like to know what exactly contributes to the protection stat.

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:54 pm

mSH - melee squig herder.

Protection: TANK stat* that you can buff by using absorb pots, going high toughness to soak up the damage, getting pocket healer to keep absorb bubble on you or simply re-rolling tank ;)

-
-
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm [Protection]

The protection column shows some of the work that tanks are doing to protect their team.

This score tracks the total damage reduction from absorbs, Guard, and various damage reducing abilities like Challenge, Distracting Bellow, Immaculate Defense or Hold the line. This means that a healer using absorb shields can also get a protection score, or for example a sorcerer using Wind-Woven Shell will also show up as a protection score.

Currently it does not include damage reduced from buffing your teams toughness or debuffing the enemy teams offensive stats.

Due to the order of calculations in the combat formulas, values in the protection score is the non-critical damage protected against. In the future this might change to include critical damage protected against as well.

Examples:
- Tank A uses "Guard" on player B which is hit by an ability that would normally hit for 100 damage. Guard reduces the damage taken by B by 50%, 50 protection points is awarded to A.

- Tank A uses "Challenge" on an enemy, which then hits Player B with an ability that would normally hit for 100 damage. Challenge reduces the damage to 70, and 30 protection points is awarded to A.

- Iron Breaker uses Oathbound, buffing their oath friends parry by 25%. This causes the oath friend to parry a blow for 200 damage they otherwise would not have parried. The Iron Breaker is awarded 200 protection points.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Rekoom

Post#4 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:40 pm

It's the detaunt
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Aethilmar

Post#5 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:33 am

That's funny. Follow up question then is does the protection score (visible or otherwise) give contribution to cities/forts/zones for non-tank classes? If so it would not shock me since tanks have consistently had the hardest path to rewards in this game since forever but I am morbidly curious.

Elvicof

Post#6 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 am

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:54 pm mSH - melee squig herder.

getting pocket healer to keep absorb bubble on you
This would count towards the healers protection stat
Moonlapse and VII

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:05 pm

Elvicof wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 am
NSKaneda wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:54 pm mSH - melee squig herder.

getting pocket healer to keep absorb bubble on you
This would count towards the healers protection stat

I wasn't precise, sorry. Yes, it counts towards healer but it also enables you to jump into the fray and stay there for a long, long time - absorbs run out, toughness kicks in (especially with shammie buff) and meatball starts soaking up the dmg until next abs bubble which allows mSH to stay longer in the fight and so forth, and so on.

But I will try to be more accurate next time.

Aethilmar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:33 am That's funny. Follow up question then is does the protection score (visible or otherwise) give contribution to cities/forts/zones for non-tank classes? If so it would not shock me since tanks have consistently had the hardest path to rewards in this game since forever but I am morbidly curious.

Well, don't know about mechanics but playing the tank as tank in orvr (taunt, challenge, htl and generally being annoying unkillable mountain) usually gives me purple or gold bag. But then again if I want to dps I log dps class ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *