ravezaar

Re: Most wanted classes in endgame?

Post#11 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:09 pm

The Slaan
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Seravajan

Post#12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm

ravezaar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:09 pmThe Slaan
What is that?
p00ky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:06 pm
malmar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:53 pm Do people really hate heal shamans or is just dps shammy that gets all the hate?
I think its more due to the higher skill level required to pull off a decent heal shaman, making it be risky to group with an unknown healer shammy, hoping he/she can actually pump out the needed heals instead of just instant death due to bad positioning/skill rotation.

The hate is on the DPS ones right now because:
a) they are brilliant solo class roamers and make people rage when trying to chase after them while getting dotted to death
b) bring nothing to a warband or most endgame group content. :)
I guess that point b is the more important point. Shaman and Archmage are very decent PvE (solo) classes but in the PvP/RvR there are several issues. I tried an Archmage in RvR but I can only unload the half potential of the class. Either healing or DPS but not both. And for DPS alone there are better classes.

NSKaneda

Post#13 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Seravajan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm
ravezaar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:09 pmThe Slaan
What is that?
Spoiler:
Venerable space frogs of the Warhammer world ;)
Seravajan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm I guess that point b is the more important point. Shaman and Archmage are very decent PvE (solo) classes but in the PvP/RvR there are several issues. I tried an Archmage in RvR but I can only unload the half potential of the class. Either healing or DPS but not both. And for DPS alone there are better classes.

You can blame shaman/archmage mechanic nerf for that ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Seravajan

Post#14 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:41 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm You can blame shaman/archmage mechanic nerf for that ;)
Which sort of nerf was that?

NSKaneda

Post#15 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Seravajan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:41 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm You can blame shaman/archmage mechanic nerf for that ;)
Which sort of nerf was that?
Instead of instacast on 5 Gork/Mork which reset your mechanic to 0 now you have to work your way from 5 to -5 and only get cast time reduction instead. This plus nerf to dps healing essentially gimped hybrid healers like AM/SHM (and to some extent dps doks)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Twohandernoob

Post#16 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm

Witch hunters are beloved by all...

Seravajan

Post#17 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:59 pm

What is with the following classes: Witch Elf, Shadow Warrior or Engineer?

Valarion

Post#18 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:57 pm

malmar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:53 pm Do people really hate heal shamans or is just dps shammy that gets all the hate?

Heal shamans arent hated, they are just a subpar healing class with limited group synergy outside of insta rez, sticky feet and a redundant group resistance buff. So an equal skilled/geared shaman/AM is not going to heal/protect as much as the other healers. It has been mentioned that the heal/dps mechanic might see an additional round of tweaks, but it will be tough buffing this without overpowering the class.

I'd like to see shaman/AM granted something else uniquely better than the other healers, but thats going to be tough considering other healers are already the king of everything.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Wrikur

Post#19 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 pm

Seravajan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:59 pm What is with the following classes: Witch Elf, Shadow Warrior or Engineer?
Nothing. One thing you'll notice is that the preferred DPS classes (slayer, choppa, sorc, BW) have the highest aoe potential, making them more effective in orvr and cities than their single target counterparts because there's a very strong AoE meta on this server. Another part is their class mechanics. 50% more base damage/100% bonus crit damage will be difficult for any other dps to keep up with provided they're supported properly. SW/WH get more and more useful as the fights get smaller, as they bring more utility, and tend to have more of a single-target focus. But it's not like a slayer or a BW is suddenly bad in smallscale either, both classes (and their mirrors) are just very one-dimensional. The lack of utility and overall purpose (raw aoe dps) makes them easy to stack though, as opposed to something like engi/magus where you really only need 1 (decent engi/mag) per WB.
Last edited by Wrikur on Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seravajan

Post#20 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:28 pm

And what's about the Witch Elf?