Recent Topics

Ads

Awesome + Donation + Language

Let's talk about... everything else
Fateichel

Awesome + Donation + Language

Post#1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:57 am

Hey guys.... first i want to say ... "THANK YOU SO MUCH" for doing that!
I wasnt a player who played WAR since december 2013... but i was a player from the beginning. I had alot of fun with it and spen alot of time. And i was so sad that WAR was shut down.
I saw 4 weeks ago that the first try to make a private server failed... and now i found you guys.
You make a awesome job.. and we can only say thank you.
i also want to donate you guys? Paypal?
Another question is it possible to change the language to german?
maybe to exchange / rename the english files with the german ones? And does anybody has a idea where i find the german files =)

Ok ok ... thanks guys..
i have to play... :P

Ads
Grolar

Re: Awesome + Donation + Language

Post#2 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:51 am

Others have brought this up too. I'm pretty sure they can't legally take money for this, unless it was just to cover server costs. Even then I'm not completely sure. Its seems to be a labor of love for the moment. :)
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Irrelevant

Post#3 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 am

Donations are always legal, that's how WoW private servers would sell their items, just call it a 'donation' and then give them a 'reward' for it. Obviously I'm not saying that will happen here, it's just an example.

Though I think the situation at the moment is that someone is hosting RoR for free, but not permanently, I guess he had spare server or something. Anyway I guess we'll see whether donations will be a thing whoever is hosting the server will want when the time comes to it.

edit: I'd like to clarify that I am neither a lawyer nor a server technician, so this is partially hearsay and partially guesswork.
Last edited by Irrelevant on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans; Witch Hunter.

Raganiuke

Post#4 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 am

Thats what I was thinking like people donating to homeless dogs and stuff....nobody says it is not legal. So as my closed topic before I was saying that we might find a person that have great skills in programming and ask him for help with server to get it done faster and then just donate....who wants to ....It would be legal or not?

Fateichel

Post#5 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:52 pm

Its definitly not legal... cause he is not the owner of the game / content. But i want to give him a donation for his server cost and his hard work to keep this alive =)
and for me its ok - i also pay for my mineccraft / /7DTD server.. or for my wow /swtor / wildstar or whatever account... cause i know that there is somebody on the other side who works for me... =)