Qtpiii

Re: 1 star IC

Post#51 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:39 pm

Reikwald and maw are the same fort

Ads
TreefAM

Post#52 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:17 am

No they aren't, the Maw doesn't have poison or order defending it :)
This time around only my warband was actually there to defend it, managed to hold main until postern rolled us over.

lyncher12

Post#53 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:20 am

diedrake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 pm Order just pushed to city... 1 try push at that on fort... So its do able destro
I refuse to believe that Destro, especially after this 2-day ****-show, put much effort into the defense.
Either way stage 3 should have been looked at before any changes to fort happened because its the equivalent of solo leveling in pve with a bw in terms of shittiness.

Wam

Post#54 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:52 am

should rename the thread to

order pride is stronger than destro pride discuss?

Order will generally lose to dumb mistakes or weak plays from themselves

Destro will generally lose to self serving interest and morale/emo issues when things don't go their way... there's a reason why GM's had to keep a eye on the fort throwing on destro side alot and the public encouragement of it in region chats. For the most part order will spite themselves to spite destro and don't care about throwing for rank of city for gear progression most of them already progressed a long time... they have more natural realm pride anytime they can stick it to destro lol... destro would sell their grandmother for a few sovereign. Just different sub culture/mentalities.

Destro's spirit is easier to break in forts than order's... where destro can't rely on pure mass zerging as their go to stratergy

Destro is generally slightly more organised and better in open, and order take more advantage of their strengths in siege. It's pretty even just a bit of precision is missing from destro in siege and then come out the emo/edgelords when things don't go to plan and rage quit.

Quarry was nice earlier 8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Rekoom

Post#55 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:18 am

It's funny we're documenting city wins/losses but not forts. Would be an interesting number to look at for sure. Keep in mind Invader is still a thing for a good amount of the playing population.

And yes, people play for gear/character advancement, it has always been a core mechanic for mmo. Saying Destro is after Royals is = to saying Destro is playing the game.

I don't believe you can say Destro "mentality" is far different from Order "mentality". Most of the server is playing both sides as you prove it yourself.

Imo, Destro is currently in shambles. No large organized WBs, pug leaders have tired out, big guilds are focusing on other aspects of the game and in general are more fragmented/fielding smaller groups. Stalemated zones don't just demoralize people, people log off because their playtime is over.
The fort issue however I suspect is tempting a few players to just play something else or switch over to Order for an easier time. Nobody likes losing, especially if it's no contest like first push wipe.

Order is also playing really tight lately, large numbers moving as a blob and just mowing through the pugs in front.
Why is that? Easier RvR/fort/city wins? People want to play Order after having geared their Destro chars?
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Rumpel

Post#56 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:38 am

Rekoom wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:18 am Stalemated zones don't just demoralize people, people log off because their playtime is over.
Amen! A fact devs should more think of. In the End its the players with allot of time ending up in forts and citys over and over again gearing up while the rest gets punished for this with more and more progression slowerring mechanics (recent city loot changes, fort phase 2 flagpoints, shards are a joke: again a mechanic only players with allot of time profit from) then being for days in a single zone for no rewards, logging off because time is over and again players with allot of time starting their forts and citys while the server gets empty by casuals.

All in all recent mechanic changes got time intensive and result in motivation lost if you don't have that time and missing progression feeling.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Miaso

Post#57 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 am

Zone lock was far too fast before though, regular city a few times a day steamrolling through zones with no keep defences, that was boring.

It was worse last few days because the lord in CW was bugged so Order had no motivation to push to reset the zones, once that was fixed they pushed to IC.

But a timer on locked zones would go a long way, much prefer that than to revert the changes back

Rekoom

Post#58 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:55 am

Rumpel wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:38 am
Rekoom wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:18 am Stalemated zones don't just demoralize people, people log off because their playtime is over.
Amen! A fact devs should more think of. In the End its the players with allot of time ending up in forts and citys over and over again gearing up while the rest gets punished for this with more and more progression slowerring mechanics (recent city loot changes, fort phase 2 flagpoints, shards are a joke: again a mechanic only players with allot of time profit from) then being for days in a single zone for no rewards, logging off because time is over and again players with allot of time starting their forts and citys while the server gets empty by casuals.

All in all recent mechanic changes got time intensive and result in motivation lost if you don't have that time and missing progression feeling.
I would even add that one of the major positive aspect of this game is that you can/could spend a short amount of time in-game and get something that is/was roughly equal to your time spent/contribution and that is awesome.

Making it harder to lock zones is perhaps needed for various reasons (better fights, less of a treadmill/routine feeling) but only zone locks give you any form of tangible rewards. I understand there are now shards dropping from high RR players however I would argue that the drop rate of Royal Shards could be reviewed upwards. My anecdotal evidence (played every day, 3-4 hours a night + harder on weekend) is that I have accumulated a total of 5 shards across 2 characters since patch day. The additional rewards don't feel like a good compensation. Not to mention forts are a huge issue for Destro so Invader takes a while as well.

Game masters could also want to slow down the gear acquisition rate... My opinion is that it's not necessary considering how much fun there is to have in this game with all the different careers across 2 factions. Longevity/keeping players interested is definitely not an issue!
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Ads
farng84

Post#59 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 am

That is still good, I still have to drop a single shard (saw a few dropping but did not win any).
I usually can dedicate a couple of hours to the game every day (more on weekends), rarely I can see the whole evolution in a zone (levelling and sieging), with the new system it has been a pain for me to win any bag, no gold or purple in about 4 days.
Playing half a zone (log in and seeing a siege starting/ongoing or helping levelling up the following zone) does just increase the bonus to my next roll, till I can win something because I accumulated enough. Don't get me wrong, even in these condition is possible to get bronze/silver contribution, possibly gold with some luck I guess, but the progress is painfully slow.
For people farming a set (be invader or sov) having bags dropping medallions in oRvR is ideal, it is the largest and (to me) best part of the game, and it could provide a slower but more interesting way to farm your set.
At the moment I would need a huge time investment to do it. In this condition the most efficient way would be becoming a fort/city logger and have fun with an alt when those options are not available. That is kind of how it was before inv/sov were added to oRvR bags (till few months ago), on reaching lvl 60 most people had to become fort/city loggers to equip their toons (and you'd better farm all of those inv before lvl 69, when they would stop dropping from city bags).
That set up was not nice, made me tired of cities and almost drop my main, just bumbling around with alts which could/should participate in oRvR was way more fun.
Still, I was considering I should become a city logger again, as my main is missing 3 pieces of sov and I don't like the idea of getting around 80 still in invader.. After I'm full equipped I will be able to join the lakes for fun, as I won't need anything anymore..unless I lost my drive to play ofc

Acidic

Post#60 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:56 am

I’m a strong believer in that destroy ability to push forts is caused by some of the issues raised here but additionally by
A) knobs - one your guard with no icd
B) slayer rampage from behind a tank wall(no ability to shatter, moral dump can not clear slayers after nerf)

These two issues are big difference when destro pushes and not a factor in order pushes

And yes rampage = root of all evil