Recent Topics

Ads

1 star IC

Let's talk about... everything else
diedrake

Re: 1 star IC

Post#31 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Another idea that occured to me is that passed few times CW destro lord not in keep so why push that and take destro keep hold for 10 mins for gm to lock zone giving destro a defence bag roll... And a zone loss bag roll?

Just saying i see why order isnt in the lakes rn pushing to lock emp for IC city which is 1 star to top it off.
Last edited by diedrake on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
Vri

Post#32 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:15 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:11 pm Oh please there are so many "Capped in SoV" people around who can barely press two buttons together and probably still keyboard turn in this game.
As I said, farming order solo pugs to get full gear is easier than even doing your weekly quota of PvE, but keep thinking that the gear you have makes you any good lmao.
Imagine being so incompetent that your only explanation to someone "Capped in SoV" being **** at the game and ram placement is "xrealmer sabotage"
Why would anyone waste their time to just log in on the different faction (where he has a full sov char btw) just to mess up that factions siege plans for his main realm, I thought that xrealmers had no realm pride )
Capped SoV does mean something, like you said it means they have taken some time and have worked out a system to acquire gear. The players that do this, must have a bit more free time and know others. They have had enough time in game too figure things out. You think a player with plenty of time, knows how to gear and can join WBs that have results, has no idea how a ram works.

We do have a wait time for xrealming now, i guess thats just for fun. Why would anyone waste his or her time ? lol it happens ! Do have any idea of whats been going on the passed few years ? You can even watch streams of destro and or order throwing.

TreefAM

Post#33 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 pm

There are tanks in full SoV that still think that HTL will do anything when a melee blob hits them, tanks that use their useless root ability in the middle of a fight, BOs that aoe punt on CD.
I even had a 2h BG (5/3 Sov/Warlord) in my city once who when I was calling for a morale drop on a stack of slayers that were aoe kd by a mara to rush in and use his morale 2 aoe punt.
So yeah, it doesn't take much to get the "high end" gear. When I wasn't running my own cities (do to being off hours and my guild sleeping) I joined some where an organized warband in discord didn't bother fixing the parties once we were in, people chasing random targets doing random ****.
Look at order, most of them solo que and have the full set on their mains at least. It takes minimum effort to get Sov, stop pretending that having full Sov means that you know how to play the game.

Vri

Post#34 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:32 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 pm There are tanks in full SoV that still think that HTL will do anything when a melee blob hits them, tanks that use their useless root ability in the middle of a fight, BOs that aoe punt on CD.
I even had a 2h BG (5/3 Sov/Warlord) in my city once who when I was calling for a morale drop on a stack of slayers that were aoe kd by a mara to rush in and use his morale 2 aoe punt.
So yeah, it doesn't take much to get the "high end" gear. When I wasn't running my own cities (do to being off hours and my guild sleeping) I joined some where an organized warband in discord didn't bother fixing the parties once we were in, people chasing random targets doing random ****.
Look at order, most of them solo que and have the full set on their mains at least. It takes minimum effort to get Sov, stop pretending that having full Sov means that you know how to play the game.
Alright lets say you are correct about one Mara not knowing. Explain the others towing and failing ?
Lol SoV means you have spent time in game and you set that time amount for a month or so. I am thinking that you are talking about 30 days played, correct ? That player has a base idea of whats goin on, you are not just some rando. You are having a hard time dancing around with all this. We do have high end gear, are you not aware ? why is it " " ?

TenaciousBuf

Post#35 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:41 pm

nat3s wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:17 am Order wins forts, Destro wins cities. Been that way for ages.

Forts you're pushing through a funnel so Order range dominance (BW bombing twice as hard as Sorc and Order generally rolling more BW/Engi than Destro rolls Sorc/Magus) means they both def and attack forts really well.

In contrast, Destro wins cities because they have the melee edge and in city fights there are few funnels so you're generally able to avoid ranged aoe and spread.
I agree with you 100%. Many are under assumption that all these changed which were made in the last few months were heavily based on the city win results rather than RvR as a whole. And from what you described basing changed on just one (small) aspect of the game logically does not make sense.

TreefAM

Post#36 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:41 pm

For some people 30 days is barely anything. People still don't know you can cap the flag on the middle in Phoenix gates, people still ask what stars on keeps in zones mean.
Most zerglings just roll with the tide, know some basics (like using guard or at least trying to move from the aoe ball) and just half afk farm.
How do you explain all these full Sov people just rushing into a main gate funnel when the posterns are open?
I say "high end" because city is just a boring pve farm that anyone can do with minimal effort, I mean look at that City matchmaking thread where a certain mara was complaining how he can't farm pugs and gets set up against order premades.
You on the other hand have some grand conspiracy of xrealmers priding for Order to mess up destro sieges, nice excuses for a l2p issue.

TenaciousBuf

Post#37 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:48 pm

diedrake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:43 pm Has it occured to destro that order is doing other activities rather then getting rofl stomped in the lakes due to destro numbers in the lakes. While with forts numbers of destro is more manageable. That and sounds like order doesnt want destro in our city for those tasty city bags that destro has better chance of getting.

Destro losing forts due to lack of ranged in some peeps opinions might have something to do with " magus useless in endgame" type threads. Or when destro player told to just roll x melee rather then y ranged class.

Again sounds like and evidence proves is that with destro vast number of players, there is a lack of organization.

Yes order has more rdps but in order for our rdps to do thier job, us tanks and mdps are blocking destro pushes. I enjoy when destro pushes hard and i do all i can to block, punt, debuff i can and even a lot of the times destro gets in and our heals struggle to recover. Best fights are when destro almost gets in.
I like you end comment about best fights, that's how it should be. Competitive angle that gives both side a decent ability to win and defend. Yet it does not appear that way in forts at all.

NSKaneda

Post#38 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:34 pm

For few weeks now every time there was a call for Altdorf push the response was "IC is easier to fight in and faster to finish". This plus lack of orvr balls (and 20s countdowns. I mean seriously... X_X) made me and my guildmates question the point of committing ourselves to campaign. And it made me skip city fights altogether.

_
_

Fort and keep fights... 10 tanks in front line. 3 of them hold the line, two of them challenge (htl ones), one of them throws distracting bellow (by mistake or he's solo) others try to dps and build morale4 which they will most likely waste on 20 second countdown which leads to pushing well-prepared and moraled up enemy. RDPS behind them melt in unmitigated aoe.
Healers get debuffed by unmolested 3rd floor enemy rdps.

Fun times.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
diedrake

Post#39 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:01 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:34 pm For few weeks now every time there was a call for Altdorf push the response was "IC is easier to fight in and faster to finish". This plus lack of orvr balls (and 20s countdowns. I mean seriously... X_X) made me and my guildmates question the point of committing ourselves to campaign. And it made me skip city fights altogether.

_
_

Fort and keep fights... 10 tanks in front line. 3 of them hold the line, two of them challenge (htl ones), one of them throws distracting bellow (by mistake or he's solo) others try to dps and build morale4 which they will most likely waste on 20 second countdown which leads to pushing well-prepared and moraled up enemy. RDPS behind them melt in unmitigated aoe.
Healers get debuffed by unmolested 3rd floor enemy rdps.

Fun times.
Sounds like the tanks need to be grped and told what moral to pop. If more then 2 tanks like 3 in a grp 1 tank m2 and the other two pop m4 1 at a time.

Also sounds like those poping too early seems like a panic reaction, and/ or not listening to thier leaders.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

NSKaneda

Post#40 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:16 pm

diedrake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:01 pm Also sounds like those poping too early seems like a panic reaction, and/ or not listening to thier leaders.
Don't get me wrong, offtanks should throw their m2s while main tanks build m4s. Offtank w/o morale pump can rotate 2 (3 with loooong countdown) m2s by the time mains are ready. And all tanks should htl, be it in funnel spot or spread out near heal/rdps line to mitigate aoe and artillery. Hell, two or three should m2 (preferably on ramp blob), challenge and htl on the push itself..
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *