game crashing

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

game crashing

Post#1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:12 pm

the sc is crashing my game every second or third scenario, just posting to get some eyes on this challenge.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Durrty

Re: game crashing

Post#2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi,

Yes the game is constantly crashing as if someone got into coding school but fell asleep during every single class.

Thanks, great event.

Challenge. Lol.

kat2denver

Post#3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:51 am

I have crashed MANY times this weekend, every time while in a sc. I am not the only one. There have been many complaints in /advice.

Is this being addressed?

dalen
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:22 am

it is a bug in the client which we don't have the source code for and didn't create. So fixing it isn't that simple.

If you can give some info on how to reproduce the crash, maybe we can make some sort of workaround. I did around 20 dragon's bane over the weekend and crashed once. And fixing that sort of once in a blue moon issue isn't that simple when it's really in software we don't control.
Source Developer

kat2denver

Post#5 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:52 am

To be more specific, I have been playing for about 2 months and never crashed till this weekend. I probably crashed more then 10 times over 8-10 hours of play time. I was mainly doing the Dragon's Bane sc, but I also crashed in the factory. I was playing on a level 39 SW. I was trying to increase renown, but not level..so was using the xp reduction scroll.

There was no specific action that seemed to cause the crash. I was just playing normally, and suddenly was kicked from the game. When I logged back in, I was at my rally point with the quitter timer.

Sorry I dont have more information. If this continues, I can record the crashes and send you the video, if you think that would help. I won't be on again till 8pm EST.

btw..had no idea this game was alive. A friend just told me a couple of months ago. I think it is amazing that you all keep this game alive and free to play. I hope there is a workaround, because until this weekend, I was have tons of fun. so thanks :)

zulnam

Post#6 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:50 am

I have also noticed the SC crashes, unusual.

What seems to be causing them is having 3rd parties open. I don't know why.

Closing Discord, Battle.Net, Xbox or any other such third party apps reduced crashes for me to 0.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Seravajan

Post#7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Never had a crash in SCs. Even with several game portal clients running in the background.