Recent Topics

Ads

Armour and physical damage reduction

Let's talk about... everything else
Alandrian

Armour and physical damage reduction

Post#1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:48 am

Does anyone know how armour's physical damage reduction is functioning currently? Some people have told me there is a cap at 75%, but in this old stats thread it's written that there is no cap at all.

I see a lot of tanks stacking armour tallies, today I even saw someone in full Sovereign/Warlord with all their gear slotted with +180 armour tallies.

At the moment my Blackguard has 4402 armour with pot which corresponds to a 100% physical damage reduction according to the character pane tooltip. Does that mean that if my attacker theoretically has no armour penetration (weapon skill is 0), that they would do no damage to me? And ofc assuming they're attacking me with physical damage.

Thanks!

Ads
Haskr

Re: Armour and physical damage reduction

Post#2 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:53 am

armor cap is 75% but with your 4402 armour if you get debuffed by white lion for 1600 you are under 75% thats why most tanks overstack armor.

Bowldancer

Post#3 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am

Afaik armor mitigation is capped at 75% - everything above that is a buffer for debuffs and penetration.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

oaliaen

Post#4 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:34 pm

WHit 0 armor pen attacker will make 25% dgm on you. I think.. but a lot of skills bypass armor so better to stack to above 100%