Recent Topics

Ads

Thousands of Shaman everywhere

Let's talk about... everything else
Rekoom

Re: Thousands of Shaman everywhere

Post#31 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:05 am

Make the same post, replace Shaman by AM and Chosen by 2h regen KotBS and voila, true balance it seems.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Ads
Vandoles

Post#32 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:16 am

Rekoom wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:05 am Make the same post, replace Shaman by AM and Chosen by 2h regen KotBS and voila, true balance it seems.
Alright let's give it a try.

"I see thousands of AM and 2h regen kotbs in the lakes"

Sounds right to you?

TreefAM

Post#33 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:23 am

Soloer problems zzzz

Rekoom

Post#34 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:46 am

Vandoles wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:16 am
Rekoom wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:05 am Make the same post, replace Shaman by AM and Chosen by 2h regen KotBS and voila, true balance it seems.
Alright let's give it a try.

"I see thousands of AM and 2h regen kotbs in the lakes"

Sounds right to you?
Yes?
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Ysaran

Post#35 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:29 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:43 pm That's how you know everything is running smoothly. Both sides complaining equally means that balance has been reached. It's when only one side complains is when you have worry about something being broken. :P
I've always wondered how to feel the balance state, this post just blown my mind. Give a medal to this man!
Zputadenti

triedset

Post#36 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 am

I think that Shaman has always just been popular. One of the most popular healers in the game, and the most popular healer on des. Just have to live with it. Personally, I prefer Zealot.

Gurf

Post#37 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:57 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:22 pm The exaggerations are huge in this thread, does OP want's to have a discussion, whine or ask for help?
The numbers are an exaggeration obviously not thousands, but dozens in the lakes roaming around at a time, but Shaman being able to kite 2 full groups is not an exaggeration and happens often if they don't have WL in the group chasing, two Shaman together and its easy mode even with WL. No other class in game has anywhere near that survivability, which is why they all roam around without care. AM is a good, maybe even better 1v1, but not 1v3 or 1v12, 2v24. But it's fine, many of us will just roll one to add to the numbers as it does look like a lot of fun kiting warbands around and surviving.

ravezaar

Post#38 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:33 am

triedset wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 am I think that Shaman has always just been popular. One of the most popular healers in the game, and the most popular healer on des. Just have to live with it. Personally, I prefer Zealot.
Its NOT the Healer version thats the issue, nor is it the Healer version thats floading the lakes
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Fenris78

Post#39 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:38 am

Yesterday Nightseyess kiting 7 ppl to death (I was here with my Runi), with at least 1 AM, 1 slayer and some tanks.

Impossible to catch him, run away is perma 30% more speed, wich adds to the normal flee speed when needed. Auto detaunt, puddle to make sure tanks wont be an issue...

Silencing, snaring was no effect, and he kept healing himself, never stopping to run, with 3 spells and broken tactics (and far better aoe detaunt than AM too, since it's 10s and adds 5% disrupt on top of that).
We got bored after some minutes chasing him near gromril junction, then let him escape because not fun at all.

Ok it's a good player with endgame gear, an with pure healing specs, but the question is : should we really alloy one healer class to survive alone against 6+ opponents with so much ease ?
In a game that is all about group play, how could any class do that, how it's healthy for the game ?

We got already one solo archetype (WE/WH), and it's meant to do that : kill one ppl, then vanish and hopefully survive.
How come one healer class can do that, and how much is this wanted in the game ?

Goermsi

Post#40 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:59 am

Just to let u all know some facts ...

Souv Shaman 80+

Toughness: 149.
Even with the "Special Hot" - How high is the reduction there?
It is currently 29, will it get above 50? Maybe 70? Does it really matter much if the attack hits for a multiple of this numbers? No. It does not.
And now pls ... dont tell me there would be so much heal in this hot. U dont have willpower, it not even compensat a part of the damage taken.

Armor 1189 (without pot)
Physical damage is reduced by 27%. And yes, not Pot. But hey, altough no armor-debuff.
Even as a high-lvl shaman u dont reach 2K armor.

Gear
Every shaman you meet who is not yet wearing sovereign parts will most likely have the misfortune to fight you with a T3 set. There are no real sets for the DPS shaman. The PVE dungeons only provide "hybrid builds" here. As mentioned above, this is not good because neither the damage nor the healing is high enough to do anything.

chance of survival
It is absolutely correct that the shaman, especially heal-skilled, is able to move on the battlefield without any problems. The problem is, as soon as he is hunted he can almost exclusively take care of himself. If he is caught, he dies. The possibilities to support his group are absolutely limited. So simple. A dok or wp sits out the problem with aoe detaunt and thick armor while keeping the 6s alive.

That a single shaman is now able to unleash the fool on most of the players may be due to the fact that many are just playing dull. There are such simple counter possibilities, you just have to use them.
And if you don't ... okay. What should the one shaman do against the group? Run them dead? Get a grip - your objections are ridiculous.
If you can't catch a shaman with so much CC, you don't deserve it.

Ah ... and as a delicacy maybe ...

Do you think a shaman gets an Off-Reg-Knight dead? No, he dont.
That a class that hasn't received any love for months or even years is dragged here once ... that makes me laugh heartily. What is it next week? Sorc? Maybe Zelot?
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...