Recent Topics

Ads

why order tanks are worst than destro?

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

Re: why order tanks are worst than destro?

Post#11 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:15 pm

puzzolamistica wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:11 pm
Acidic wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm
puzzolamistica wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 pm Also the mdps situations is not balace beacuse rsh and marauder has the same damage of wl but they also offer more utility and order have only 2mdps when they have 3.
You should stop smoking that wakky bakky
rSH in a discution on mele , think you meant mSH ( can u guess what the m and r stand for)

Order two mele , guess aSW only counts when it’s convenient
Msh same damage as WL don’t think so

Summary tank discution was silly, this is just drug induced weirdness
now i have written msh are you happy? msh have the same aoe damage of wl, heal dbf and cd incrased, wl dosent have it so keep smoking your amazing weed :D
You might want to count order mdps
ASW
Slayer
WL

Comes to three

Ads
mekal

Post#12 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:31 pm

This is 100% a l2p issue might as well lock it

Lyability

Post#13 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:50 pm

lifeson wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:06 pm Its pretty balanced overall for tanks.
Only real difference is in mass oRVR there are more of them on dest (and more mdps) so when you play them (even in pugs) you often reach the critical mass needed of tank/melee to make an impression. In contrast, on order, you are the patsy left there alone while 30 engies, BWs and SWs run for the hills.
Can confirm. Played IB. I'm snack food for the horde.

martholomew

Post#14 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Lyability wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:50 pm
lifeson wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:06 pm Its pretty balanced overall for tanks.
Only real difference is in mass oRVR there are more of them on dest (and more mdps) so when you play them (even in pugs) you often reach the critical mass needed of tank/melee to make an impression. In contrast, on order, you are the patsy left there alone while 30 engies, BWs and SWs run for the hills.
Can confirm. Played IB. I'm snack food for the horde.
What is this "horde" you speak of?
Magus 40/78

Mnemon

Post#15 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:49 pm

This was one of the bigger concerns about the game from live. The 'mirror' classes really weren't mirrors at all. There were tons of subtle differences that gave each side advantages and disadvantages.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Back to topic, the dev on this server have or had dest bias and had been buffing dest tanks for years now (don't know about the current ones now)

BO vs SM, BO have always been able to do better single target dps with racial crit modifier but because dest player complained so they get a new ability "you wot" and it's such a overpowered (non-mirror) ability that even S/B borc tank takes it.

The reasoning was terrible too, oh look 2H borc have no defensive ability like wall of darting steels but if SM is using darting steel it means he isn't hitting you but let's give Borc this dmg and defense buff at 66% uptime so Borc is hitting you while having more defenses.

End result, Borc is do 10% more dmg, with 30% more resist and 15% more avoidance at 66% up time and hitting your face in... while SM have wall of darting steel (and delaying the inevitable)...

Knight vs Chosen were obvious, take away runefang and give it to chosen (for some reason) and it's not even a mirror, literally give a new offensive tactic to chosen and give knight an inferior defensive one. The other nerf was to make knight's ability to do magic dmg tied to a "unique" draw back of taking more dmg... it's even worst than focused offensive and no tanks would even take FO, let along mighty soul

I mean there's balance and there's obvious favoritism (none more obvious if you look at Borc vs SM or Chosen vs knight)

I don't know much about BG/IB so I won't comment there.

Amorphium

Post#17 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:17 pm

lmao @ order tanks being underpowered.
Image Comps like this are the main reason Order is doing so bad

Vri

Post#18 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Order tanks simply do not look cool.

Ads
junkxjunk

Post#19 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:04 pm

wpc56 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:20 pm Back to topic, the dev on this server have or had dest bias and had been buffing dest tanks for years now (don't know about the current ones now)

Knight vs Chosen were obvious, take away runefang and give it to chosen (for some reason) and it's not even a mirror, literally give a new offensive tactic to chosen and give knight an inferior defensive one. The other nerf was to make knight's ability to do magic dmg tied to a "unique" draw back of taking more dmg... it's even worst than focused offensive and no tanks would even take FO, let along mighty soul

I mean there's balance and there's obvious favoritism (none more obvious if you look at Borc vs SM or Chosen vs knight)

I don't know much about BG/IB so I won't comment there.
Please, just open the career trainer, look at the 5, 9 and 13 pointers and show me exactly where the chosen gets that big big biased upside from.
You talk about 1 tactic, and you dont even understand how terrible -20%healing is. And the funniest **** is why even slot the tactic if relentless(with tactic), rending blade , auras and dots already do magic dmg. Its a loldmg memespec. after ca 10 sec of fighting the 20%less heal is worse than the 15% more dmg. AND THEN YOU POP YOUR 50% DMG REDUCTION. I think all these posts are being made by people so bad at their tank class they cant even get a spot on order side. Literally all the advantages being mentioned for destro count for **** outside 1v1 or really small scale.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#20 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:43 pm

Open the same career trainer and show me where's equivalent for knight? You had total of 8 posts so you won't know the history, daemonclaw "was" runefang tactic that dev took away from knight and gave it to chosen (weaker version)

Chosen at least have a "viable" way to do magic dmg, it's nice to have the option. Knight have to take 15% increased dmg to do magic dmg. If we want to truly "mirror" class, how about chosen take 15% increased dmg when they do magic dmg? Fair and balance?