Recent Topics

Ads

Why was ability to train anywhere changed?

Let's talk about... everything else
xruptor

Re: Why was ability to train anywhere changed?

Post#11 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Zymer wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:23 pm
xruptor wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 pm
Zymer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Maybe it wasn’t intended, but it was a great thing to have in the game while leveling. How was spending points you earn (not respec) game breaking?
Sure i'll miss being able to distribute points on my characters as I level. But I'd rather they fix it (if it was being abused) than the small inconvenience of having to go to a career trainer.
I guess I must be missing something. How was this being abused? If it was being abused, I can understand... but how can spending points (not respeccing) be abusive or cheating?
Beats me, that's why I put "if it was being abused". I don't know if or how it was being abused. But if it was, I could see how they would fix it.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:46 pm

The main way people were abusing it was to get around the scenario matchmaking thingy. They would set themselves up as say, a tank or a healer in order to get faster scenario pops, and then switch to dps once in the scenario - bypassing the matchmaker and ticking off everyone in the scenario. You unbalance enough scenarios and the GM's understandably get annoyed and start suspending people...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Omegus

Post#13 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm It was never intended to work that way in the first place, and the resulting abuse led to a great many bans that were whinged about for months afterwards.
Maybe it wasn’t intended, but it was a great thing to have in the game while leveling. How was spending points you earn (not respec) game breaking?
1) Respec at a trainer and then don't spend any points after the respec
2) Join a scenario or city or whatever
3) Now spend the points to better counter what you are facing or change your role in the current city/scenario
4) Repeat for the next game
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

sadistic

Post#14 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:50 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm It was never intended to work that way in the first place, and the resulting abuse led to a great many bans that were whinged about for months afterwards.
1) Respec at a trainer and then don't spend any points after the respec
2) Join a scenario or city or whatever
3) Now spend the points to better counter what you are facing or change your role in the current city/scenario
4) Repeat for the next game
Seems like a system could be put in-place to not allow someone to join ranked / high level scenarios if X amount of mastery points haven't been spent -- or even, just dont allow mastery points to be spent in scenarios.I only have one rank 40 that I leveled 4 years ago and they're RR17 so I wouldn't know about abusing the system in SCs. But I liked the anywhere trainer capability to put points into my tree from anywhere after I had gained a level on my lowbies.