Recent Topics

Ads

Fantasizing

Let's talk about... everything else
Kysaro

Fantasizing

Post#1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:34 am

Hi all,

Just a random question that might (and possibly) has been asked before.

As I´ve no experience with the engine WAR runs on, I was wondering how much is possible regarding appearances?

I used to mess around with mods for Total War warhammer changing unit appearances etc. Though because we were/are bound to the legal issues regarding creating new content we had to use existing content in order to create "new" units. An example: I´ve used a boat from the campaign map, increased it´s size and was able to make it float in the air and put modified units on it. So bassicly an entire new unit using all in-game content.

Would these things be possible here as well and if so does it take a ton of time?

I was just wondering this due to the other topic I saw about advancing your character after RR80, which seems to be quite unrewarding.
Might be a nice idea to instead of giving more RR points/gear etc. (which may lead to unbalanced gameplay) to maybe add more cosmetics into the game that can only be unlocked after RR 80.

But like I said, no experience with the game engine what so ever, so might just be fantasizing :) . Though I did notice that chosen flag-cape, which wasnt there on live (which looks awesome btw). I know IC guards use them, so I reckon you took the code from them. If that is possible, than I reckon the method I applied in TW Warhammer should be quite similiar.

PS - I understand balancing and perfecting the game is priority number one, hence cosmetics maybe aren´t on the to-do list.
Kysana - Sorc

Ads