Recent Topics

Ads

Bipolar Gary's Funeral Shenanigans

Let's talk about... everything else
Vri

Re: Bipolar Gary's Funeral Shenanigans

Post#21 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:37 am

Malishush wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 pm What happened to gary? I dont know him did he quit and was well known?

EDIT: Oops sorry just figured out what happened and im saddened to hear it, it's nice something like this was organised.
He passed away due to cancer, rather quickly. He played a huge Orange Choppa and a Dwarf.

Ads
carthagerising

Post#22 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:50 am

Honestly the fact it was as peaceful as it was was a shock considering it was an active zone.

Also worth remembering that while this guy may of been important to you, to a lot of people they wouldn't of known anything about this whole thing. Its one thing to grieve its another to push it on others. I attended and didn't attack anyone cus its worth being part of these kinds of events for the memories etc but lets not start lecturing people who just wanna play the game and aren't aware that their supposed to respect arbitrarily called peace's while you mourn a personal friend.

As some one said before, you should be delighted that it was so well attended and for the most part respected.

Vri

Post#23 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 am

carthagerising wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:50 am Honestly the fact it was as peaceful as it was was a shock considering it was an active zone.

Also worth remembering that while this guy may of been important to you, to a lot of people they wouldn't of known anything about this whole thing. Its one thing to grieve its another to push it on others. I attended and didn't attack anyone cus its worth being part of these kinds of events for the memories etc but lets not start lecturing people who just wanna play the game and aren't aware that their supposed to respect arbitrarily called peace's while you mourn a personal friend.

As some one said before, you should be delighted that it was so well attended and for the most part respected.
The only one attempting to lecture would be you. I expressed my disgust with the actions of others and nothing more.

Alfa1986

Post#24 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:45 am

carthagerising wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:50 am Honestly the fact it was as peaceful as it was was a shock considering it was an active zone.

first of all, I'd like to express my condolences to friends and family. But let's think about whether it is ethical to conduct funerals in the virtual world of those who died in reality? I do not know. but it is plain that you are right many fellows havenot knew this guy and never played with him. unfortunately the human is mortal, but even worse is that is "suddenly" mortal. according to statistics, for 5 thousand people in one week - 1 person dies, that is, in our community (3-5 thousand ppl) every week or two weeks someone dies, this is very sad, but this is life, not a game, it is impossible to get a res here and go into battle again ... as the saying goes- momento mori ...
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

nuadarstark

Post#25 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:13 am

It was pretty cool to see folks coming together, even though there were some assholes around (there was a 6-man of a destro guild I'm not gonna mention here specifically ganking people inbetween the PVE exit/Manor and the bridge to Graveyard). Still, RIP Gary, cancer is a bitch.

The "it's a game, people wouldn't know, people want to play etc" excuses are fine, it is soemthing you can't do anything about. But if that was really the case, people could've just as easily go to the VII siege in BFP that was going on at the same time (that we then decided to break at the end of the memorial), not feint ignorance in Praag to get an easy keep or to gank people...
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov