Yes
50%
No
50%
Total votes: 102

Tharlin

Re: New spawn mechanic killed keeps defenses

Post#11 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:26 am

It's bad anyway, that zones are taken so easily. It's just a city spam in that case, which makes city nothing special any more.

I remember a time on life, when there was about one city fight per week. And you worked all week for that together as a realm. I loved that... but here city feels just like doing a large scenario, that is almost always available.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#12 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 am

Well you guys could always try and deny zones, with a little effort you can go a long way.
Last night I led my 12man into TM keep and organized a 3rd floor defense where we bombed the initial large push to the top and then just cleaved the rest of order out the keep while bottom was being pushed as well.
This led to us holding the keep against 4 more pushes until half my "warband" got tired and went to sleep because of the lazy LOL TAG LORD reset timer nonsense. In the end we got wiped when 2 of our healers went off and we couldn't hold bottom anymore.

TimOh

Post#13 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Spoiler:
GamesBond wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:32 am The issue here are two points of view, both equally strong:

1. New spawn mechanic killed keeps defenses.

2. Spawning in keeps killed progression.

I believe there's still a middle ground to be found, but regarding the spawn specifically, it's either pleasing A or B, never both.

Some players were having a single zone battle of several hours, before we were even fighting in zones for 8 hours and sometimes half a day in a single zone. These players were not getting any progress done.

You should account for both perspectives.
Viewpoint number two doesn't seem quite correct. What kills progression is making the only way to progress reliant on getting to cities. If progression was tied to either something else or in addition to cities, RvR and keep sieges could become more interesting and less dependent on realm pride. Additionally, If there are concerns about progression then why has it been stated so often that players should not care about it and just play for the fun? Instead of butchering keep defense and zone flips, simply address the issue of progression that does not neuter the core game play that attracted so many people in the first place by allowing it to occur outside of cities. IIRC there was a statement made by a staff member stating that they didn't want kill farming to be a way to progress. How is creating a system that accelerates the bypassing of zones which reduces the amount of actual pvp in the game and leads to city farming better?

notre

Post#14 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:28 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 pm As a personal opinion, I believe the idea is nice but should be reverted: Zero star keeps only have respawns and once the outer gate is below 50% the respawn is removed. As the more stars you get, the harder the keep gets to be infiltrated. This way keeps can be easily populated, but defending it remains hard as failing to funnel will cost the defenders many lives. It will also give them a strategic option to retreat to inner early. But at least, you can populate keeps fast until the gate hits 49%.
For that to work we need a fix on the bodyblock system to allow tanks to really BLOCK the entrance.
Now the bodyblock between factions y "soft" while the bodyblock between same faction is "strong".

You can't block the funnel if the other faction can walk through the enemies.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:03 pm

It largely killed off major funnels on outer or inner main as defenders now usually lack manpower.

But, this is good. While sov/invader medallions are tied to bags from locks, forts, and cities, battling it out for hours in the lakes is largely pointless.

As I have been saying all along, ppl play what gives them progression. Hence why during the brief 4x invader for home zone defense period, ppl let enemy push end zone and then farmed defensive zone locks. With the current system, quick zone locks is most efficient and that’s what ppl will focus on.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Alfa1986

Post#16 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:44 pm

personally i reckon the new mechanic better then the oldone, although I had read a string of oaths about it in the game's chat. by the by, there is no particular difference between 'em, it is just that now some of the lubbers who run to the keep like the flop of sheep do not get into it the first time) and laying as good dead men among the field). it ain't so big deal. the more that the sities became to happen more often.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Boomie82

Post#17 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:31 am

i liked the idea with the "repeatable/endless" influence progression for invader/royals.
after you reach maximum influence in a zone, the bar resets (or a new progression bar?!) and you get like 1/1/2 invader/royals if you reach the "reward dot". after the last (2 invader/royals) reward, your progression resets and you can start again.

Vri

Post#18 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:35 am

I wish i was in a lazy siege. Half the issue, i have is with other players, not being useful and or not working together. The other half is dealing with Order. I would much rather deal with Order vs an unorganized Warband(s). My reply is a bit off topic, ignore if you like.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm

We should probably remove city and fort currency from RvR anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kpi

Post#20 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm We should probably remove city and fort currency from RvR anyway.
Maybe, the problem is a bad "reward" system. Some ideas (and what are thinking the players):

-No Royals/invader in bag if u lose a zone. Why i will defend and delay the bag if i did enought contribution? Why i will try to recover the keep? This only delay my bag!!!
-Royals invader depends of stars of your city. If order with a 5 stars Altdorf attack a 1 stars IC, order can win 3 royal per stage and destro only 1. This will do the players defend the zones in RvR, because they have a very good reason for do it. Remember, defend delay the bags now, so why i wil defend my realm? I only want drop this fort for play a 4 stars city!
-Royals/invader in bag must depend too of city star of realm... a Gold bag with a 3+ city under control can give 3 royals, but ir u realm have only 1 star, maybe only must drop 1 royal in golds and no royals in purple/blue/green with only 1 star city.
-No campaign restart for prevent farming bags in RvR.

And some ideas to balance the overpopulated realm:
-Unbuff on stats for overpopulated realm
-Spawn delay on release/rez for overpopulated realm (maybe 30s or 1 minute can be fine).
-24 hours block in xrealmer to move at overpopulated realm.

I think this ideas can be better than remove royals from bags, because we have a lot of casual players who can't be 24 hours in front of computer waiting for play the city :(
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+