Yes
50%
No
50%
Total votes: 102

friendlinzh

Re: New spawn mechanic killed keeps defenses

Post#21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:32 am

tie the ability to respawn at the keep to the rank of the keep!i agree this option

Ads
malmar

Post#22 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 am

What was wrong with 8h sieges in kv? Best fights in orvr lakes.
Second, what use is for gear progression if people are bored and only pve farm keep doors?

farng84

Post#23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 am

Kpi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm We should probably remove city and fort currency from RvR anyway.
Maybe, the problem is a bad "reward" system. Some ideas (and what are thinking the players):

-No Royals/invader in bag if u lose a zone. Why i will defend and delay the bag if i did enought contribution? Why i will try to recover the keep? This only delay my bag!!!
-Royals invader depends of stars of your city. If order with a 5 stars Altdorf attack a 1 stars IC, order can win 3 royal per stage and destro only 1. This will do the players defend the zones in RvR, because they have a very good reason for do it. Remember, defend delay the bags now, so why i wil defend my realm? I only want drop this fort for play a 4 stars city!
-Royals/invader in bag must depend too of city star of realm... a Gold bag with a 3+ city under control can give 3 royals, but ir u realm have only 1 star, maybe only must drop 1 royal in golds and no royals in purple/blue/green with only 1 star city.
-No campaign restart for prevent farming bags in RvR.

And some ideas to balance the overpopulated realm:
-Unbuff on stats for overpopulated realm
-Spawn delay on release/rez for overpopulated realm (maybe 30s or 1 minute can be fine).
-24 hours block in xrealmer to move at overpopulated realm.

I think this ideas can be better than remove royals from bags, because we have a lot of casual players who can't be 24 hours in front of computer waiting for play the city :(
I agree, if inv/royal are removed from RvR bags ppl will be forced to log in rr60+ toons only for fort/city defence. That really kills the pleasure of playing your main.
Moreover, I think it is better having high level people farming their sov gear in the lakes instead of only a bunch of characters below rr60. Especially if you are o the underpopulated side those ppl can provide some pretty hard core defence.
However, if you remove inv/royals I would have no reason to have fun as I usually do till I'm full sov, that would be a big loss for me, I really love the lakes.
But tuning the amount in the bags, surely could be done

Disael

Post#24 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:17 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm We should probably remove city and fort currency from RvR anyway.
Removing invaders/royals from zone loot would only make the current problem worse: zone fighting is detrimental to loot acquisition speed.

From what i've read i get the impression that the dev team does not want the endgame gear to be too available by RvR lakes. And I do understand the reasoning. It's just unfortunate that this reward structure turns the lakes into an obstacle to be overcome before the "main game" starts once you're past vanquisher. Thus people will want to get it done as fast as possible.

Decoupling Forts/Cities completly from the campaign would solve that issue. Run 2 forts/1 city every 6 hours independant of the campaign status. But that kinda feels off too in a way.
Or drastically increase the reknown point requirement past RR55. Like by a factor of 10 or 20, so that players need the lakes for reknown and the forts/cities for medals.