Recent Topics

Ads

twitch drops not working for me

Let's talk about... everything else
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: twitch drops not working for me

Post#11 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:54 am

nat3s wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:37 am Yep same issue here, around 9 hours viewed, 4 drops.

I have a theory, either the system tracks viewing time for a single streamer (i jump between streams regularly so i probably only have 3-4 hours on a single streamer - Zarbix who isn't currently online) or it somehow has problems if the stream is running in the background.
You need 8 hours on a single streamer. I really don't know how to explain it more, you need to watch Zarbix for 8 hours, or X for 8 hours or Y for 8 hours. Watching Zarbix for 6 hours and switching to X does not put you back at 6 hours. Each streamer has his own timer.

Let's go into more details:

- You watch Zarbix for 6:30 hours.
- Zarbix stream ends.
- You start watching Feven.
- You DO NOT proceed from 6:30 hours, you start FRESH on Feven. At 0:00 hours / 8:00 hours. You need to watch him for 8 hours to get the reward.
- Zarbix comes back online.
- You move to Zarbix stream and you resume the 6:30 hours. You need 1:30 hours to get the 8 hours reward.

-
twistingandturning wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:03 am 5 rewards since yesterday, tried unlinking, still nothing, says drop enabled on twitch channels, I just gave up, never expected it to work to be honest.
It was dropped more than 700 times, if you're doing it wrong it doesn't mean it's not working. Ask questions if you need help, or give up, it's really your call but you have both options.

Ads
twistingandturning

Post#12 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:21 am

Working as intended.
Last edited by twistingandturning on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nat3s

Post#13 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:04 pm

Have all streamers committed to at least 8 hours to make this work? RIP if they end up streaming for < 8 hours?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#14 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:55 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:04 pm Have all streamers committed to at least 8 hours to make this work? RIP if they end up streaming for < 8 hours?
I'm not going to make streamers stream for 8 hours, it's just disrespectful, it sounds easy for us as we watch but it could be really tiring for them. It's also a 72 hours event... Stacking 8 hours on one streamer is pretty easy as most of them will stream multiple times per day because they need to increase their exposures. Basically the streamers will do what suits them and the community at once.

Not to forget that while you are stacking your 8 hours, you also start stacking hours for other rewards. If you're watching Zarbix and he goes to sleep, you can watch someone else and work on other rewards until Zarbix streams again.

Ysaran

Post#15 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:14 am

ok, bumb question: i've been watching a streamer (only one) for more than one hour and i didn't receive nothing. it's normal?
i've already linked my RoR and Twitch account and Twitch also state that i'm watching the streamer for more than one hour
Zputadenti

XsorrowerX

Post#16 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:25 am

I watched the same streamer two days in a row for about the same amount of hours each time and only got rewards for the first day.

I unlinked/relinked my account and am trying a new streamer today, but I guess I won't find out for about 6 hours.

warboogie

Post#17 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:41 pm

It sucks, I was 7 hours in and couldn't figure out where to see the drops and I finally saw this thread. Did as advised above and it started working.
OG Iron Rock
Ascension Officer - 9 years running
Mains in live AM-Booiemage, WP-Boogiepriest, SM- Boogiesword, BW-Elscorcho
Lost Vale & LOTD farmer

warboogie

Post#18 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:07 pm

I watched Fixxer for two hours in the front with nothing else running and that window selected and I got a writ and that's it, 7 hours yesterday and nothing until I relinked my accounts and now nothing again...
OG Iron Rock
Lost Vale & LOTD farmer

Ads
warboogie

Post#19 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:12 pm

If you are over an hour I would re-link your accounts.
OG Iron Rock
Lost Vale & LOTD farmer

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#20 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:24 pm

I've been watching all day today (Sunday) and not gotten a single drop since yesterday...

EDIT: Unlinking and Linking worked. Now I finally got something. Wish I had been told it was gonna fug up sooner so I hadn't lost whole of Sunday of potential drops... :evil: