Acidic

Gaurd and parry

Post#1 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:34 am

Hi
I was wondering if there was any clarification of the bug
Parry not working correctly with Guard damage. #17563

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17563

Main reason for the query is the message from Dale
“yes, attacker stats influence it on RoR, it doesn't seem to work at all as it did back on live. This might be some intentional change from a long time ago, I'm not sure. Need to look into it a bit”

Currently 2H tanks kind of just melt

Ads
Silestrius

Re: Gaurd and parry

Post#2 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:52 am

I have noticed a significant change as well and have heard others comment about tanks feeling squishier lately since recent toughness/stat calculation changes.

I would be willing to test any and all issues to help get this fixed!

Baaldr

Post#3 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am

Yeah im running 67% parry and it dosent seem to do a whole lot when guarding.

dalen
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 pm

basically, on RoR guard avoidance uses parry/dodge/disrupt based on the actual damage type (or block against all of them). It is also using the Str/BS/Int of the attacker, not a Str 1 attack like it was on live. Regardless of the defense check type it will show up as a Parry in the combat log though.

This is how it seems to have been on RoR for a very long time (since long before I became a dev). I'm not sure exactly why or when it was changed.

But also I think the calculation itself looks a bit odd but haven't had time to take a close look at it yet.
Source Developer

Acidic

Post#5 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:12 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 pm basically, on RoR guard avoidance uses parry/dodge/disrupt based on the actual damage type (or block against all of them). It is also using the Str/BS/Int of the attacker, not a Str 1 attack like it was on live. Regardless of the defense check type it will show up as a Parry in the combat log though.

This is how it seems to have been on RoR for a very long time (since long before I became a dev). I'm not sure exactly why or when it was changed.

But also I think the calculation itself looks a bit odd but haven't had time to take a close look at it yet.
Very much appreciate you responding.

This one realy hurts all 2h tanks , you melt .
Maybe a cunning plan, give rampage to all :) most dps now can bypass 2h tank guard parry

Ysaran

Post#6 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:15 pm

supposing what Dalen says it's true then things should be working like this for a long time now, so i see no reason why tank should be melting more now than before. so what's the problem? am i missing something?
Zputadenti

TreefAM

Post#7 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:20 pm

No idea what's happening but I noticed that all tanks melt faster these days, like I've seen tanks take 20people easily but at other times just die to guard dmg in a second while their guarded target still has full hp.
Maybe there's something going on with guard dmg and it's bugging out?

Kalell

Post#8 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Last week in bt our tank got hit for 2k(2k mitigated) and 3k from guard. It should be impossible to be that high for the guard damage( as unmitigated would be 4k). And there are recent changes to toughness and the combat formulas.
Maybe something broke guard?

Ads
Charon

Post#9 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:16 pm

TreefAM wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:20 pm No idea what's happening but I noticed that all tanks melt faster these days, like I've seen tanks take 20people easily but at other times just die to guard dmg in a second while their guarded target still has full hp.
Maybe there's something going on with guard dmg and it's bugging out?
yee..its not only issue for des tanks vs. rampage or order vs. FH+PD stack but generally i feel that i parry/block guard dmg much less i should ;/ . Its almost like icd for guard evedes would have been implemented
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

dalen
Developer

Post#10 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:39 pm

There's no ICD for guard avoidance checks. Undefendable abilities are undefendable for guards as well though, since a long time.

But in the last 6 months the only thing that has really changed in regards to guard damage is that outgoing damage multipliers affect the damage taken by guard as well. So the split is actually 50/50 even if attacker has a damage multiplier.

The change to make absorb mitigation happen before armor/resist likely affected the general survivability of some tank builds though, even if it didn't really affect guard damage per se.
Source Developer