Recent Topics

Ads

WTF?

Let's talk about... everything else
Qwack

WTF?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:05 am

It appears that once or twice year, I need to come out on the forums and remind players that this is a free game. Its great, I truly appreciate it exists. So why do players bish about it?

Eh, really?
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
Qwack

Re: WTF?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:18 am

Qwack wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:05 am It appears that once or twice year, I need to come out on the forums and remind players that this is a free game. Its great, I truly appreciate it exists. So why do players bish about it?

Eh, really?
Geeez, am gonna reply to my own original post. If you are bishing about this game, while its free, where many many people have given their time to make a free game happen... hmmm, perhaps you need to examine your expectations. WarHammer was DEAD. Then some people gave their time and resources to make this happen (wont name them all, could leave out some). Eh, gonna leave it there.

FFS, am just glad this game exists at all. Peace.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Vri

Post#3 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:18 am

You had to reply to yourself...

kazuya482

Post#4 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:19 am

Free doesn't mean exempt from criticism.

Boursk

Post#5 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:25 am

10/10 meme
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:14 am

kazuya482 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:19 am Free doesn't mean exempt from criticism.

Criticism that is well constructed and presented in a manner that helps us identify and solve problems is welcome. Plenty of other forms of harassment lightly disguised as criticism aren't welcome here. This is a development server first, which means staff are a priority over players and making staff not want to be here is far more damaging to the health of the server than removing people with behavior issues.

Private means picking and choosing who is allowed to play here, which we are quite comfortable doing. Free isn't a factor in how we run the server at all, we're simply not interested in your money. You're either a member of the community who we enjoy being around, or you're in danger of crossing lines. The vast majority of players are wonderful and supportive, even when we make mistakes, introduce new bugs, and clunk around balance issues.

Some reading material for anyone that needs it.

TOS
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607

How an alpha server works
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

KissShot

Post#7 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:14 am
kazuya482 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:19 am Free doesn't mean exempt from criticism.

Criticism that is well constructed and presented in a manner that helps us identify and solve problems is welcome. Plenty of other forms of harassment lightly disguised as criticism aren't welcome here. This is a development server first, which means staff are a priority over players and making staff not want to be here is far more damaging to the health of the server than removing people with behavior issues.

Private means picking and choosing who is allowed to play here, which we are quite comfortable doing. Free isn't a factor in how we run the server at all, we're simply not interested in your money. You're either a member of the community who we enjoy being around, or you're in danger of crossing lines. The vast majority of players are wonderful and supportive, even when we make mistakes, introduce new bugs, and clunk around balance issues.

Some reading material for anyone that needs it.

TOS
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607

How an alpha server works
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391

The alpha server page was particularly insightful with regards to alleviating ignorance, +1. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391

KissShot

Post#8 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Qwack wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:05 am It appears that once or twice year, I need to come out on the forums and remind players that this is a free game. Its great, I truly appreciate it exists. So why do players bish about it?

Eh, really?
Also, when you guna roam with the sisters??????

Ads
satanicomoderno

Post#9 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:38 pm

KissShot wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Eh, really?
I know this is offtopic but I can't stop laughing seeing this quote "I wish to know how loud a rat can scream" hahahahaha
The "rat" screams like you when you get pwned on rvr lake and cry on your stream LMAO! ;D

Satarial

Post#10 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:01 pm

satanicomoderno wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:38 pm
KissShot wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Eh, really?
I know this is offtopic but I can't stop laughing seeing this quote "I wish to know how loud a rat can scream" hahahahaha
The "rat" screams like you when you get pwned on rvr lake and cry on your stream LMAO! ;D

How will he recover from the burn in this post? Stay tuned folks
Shadowhealx - Zealot
Shadowhealxxx - Rune Priest

OOP Heals Extraordinaire | Badlands OG - RR100 Zealot/Runepriest