Recent Topics

Ads

The current meta is making ROR boring

Let's talk about... everything else
phononHYPE

Re: The current meta is making ROR boring

Post#81 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:02 pm ... to have a 90 min lock out AFTER you log out. ...
I agree with the sentiment here, but at what point after does the timer start? If I am on one side, log out to get mats from an alt on same side, then log back to main on that side, which Log Out does it start from? If I play main on that side for 8 hours, then log out, I am penalized with another 1.5hour wait?
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Spellbound

Post#82 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:53 am

phononHYPE wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:02 pm ... to have a 90 min lock out AFTER you log out. ...
I agree with the sentiment here, but at what point after does the timer start? If I am on one side, log out to get mats from an alt on same side, then log back to main on that side, which Log Out does it start from? If I play main on that side for 8 hours, then log out, I am penalized with another 1.5hour wait?
It would start counting immediately when you last log out. 90 minutes isn’t long. DAOC Phoenix was **12** hours of not even logging in to play if you wanted to swap realms. Price to pay for cross realm play and dedicate to one side and none of this back and forth play. 90 minutes you eat dinner, shower, poop... RL stuff. Say hi to family? 12 hours on Phoenix you pretty much had to log for the night and coordinate w friends to play on other realm next day. Ya, 90 min is nothing. Rather have that than the instant switching going on and playing one side just to purposely push city and go destro.

I mean 90 minutes downtime is better than having it how things were on live where once you made a character on a server you were stuck to that realm.

Ysaran

Post#83 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:32 am

Since this thread has become the usual slayer vs choppa shitshow I would like to give new life to the discussion. Most ppl agreed that the "meta is boring" in some way or another, so I would like to known: how should be, in your opinion, the meta to not be "boring"?
Zputadenti

M0rw47h

Post#84 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 am

Ysaran wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:32 am Since this thread has become the usual slayer vs choppa shitshow I would like to give new life to the discussion. Most ppl agreed that the "meta is boring" in some way or another, so I would like to known: how should be, in your opinion, the meta to not be "boring"?
By making rDPS more viable in given format.

heybaws

Post#85 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:59 am

good rdps already outperforming slayers in cities

Przepraszam

Post#86 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 am

heybaws wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:59 am good rdps already outperforming slayers in cities
That must be engeneers, i heard they are badarsess
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Onigokko0101

Post#87 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:18 am

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 am
Ysaran wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:32 am Since this thread has become the usual slayer vs choppa shitshow I would like to give new life to the discussion. Most ppl agreed that the "meta is boring" in some way or another, so I would like to known: how should be, in your opinion, the meta to not be "boring"?
They are viable, just dont stack all ranged DPS.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

M0rw47h

Post#88 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:47 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:18 am
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 am
They are viable, just dont stack all ranged DPS.
They aren't equaly viable. If they would be, you wouldn't take 7 mDPS and take 1 rDPS just to have rDPS champ.

Ads
VkdswWH

Post#89 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:13 pm

Meta is fine now. Just fun to look how Order dominate in rvr/forts and get punch to da face in cities because those rdps army cant fight face to face. :lol:
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

marafado
Suspended

Post#90 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:30 pm

maybe ror can achieve the perfect ballance, giving twitch pokemons to melle orders and range destros;p tbh its not different from the nerfs/buffs we usualy have :)