Recent Topics

Ads

The current meta is making ROR boring

Let's talk about... everything else
Miaso

Re: The current meta is making ROR boring

Post#71 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 am

phononHYPE wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:39 am
witc0m wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:24 am It's getting old to listen to Destro try and downplay how objectively strong GTDC is.

I still stand by what I've said previously: take Rampage away from Slayers and give them a GTDC mirror called "Get to the Beard". I guarantee within 2 weeks Destro will complain so hard about how OP it is that both abilities will be removed from the game.
Please stop saying this. From someone that plays both sides, and there are plenty of us out there, we regularly have to deal with it, and we do just fine. It takes away the initial 1-2s and gives immunity for when you really want it. As a choppa main, I hate when people use GTDC, in almost all situations. On order toons, I love it as I will then have immunity for any real threats. Its certain players I worry, not abilities.
Of course a rr86 main Choppa says it is just fine, i'm sure its also fine if you play a Tank. Any other class and GTDC is not fine at all, it is probably the most toxic ability in the game for light armoured and ranged classes, and yes 95% of Choppas spam this ability as soon as it is available including those in the "big" guilds. But I wouldn't worry, it is too difficult for the Devs to do anything about it now that it is in the game and would take a lot of bravery of them to fix it now as too many people would complain if the easymode aoe melee train effectiveness was reduced.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#72 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:44 am

I like how often order zerglings pretend that their melee deathball doesn't exist

Miaso

Post#73 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:48 am

TreefAM wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:44 am I like how often order zerglings pretend that their melee deathball doesn't exist
It exists but through stacking one class, which very few guilds can do especially out of EU Prime time. What was the IC score today outside of Eu Prime 7-1 in Des favour? 14% win rate

Reaping

Post#74 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:49 am

All they have to do is change it so it gives the same immunity as from knockdown.. Usual destro mele ball is knockdown into pull which isnt that hard to pull off least would give more co-ordination

Nameless

Post#75 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:51 pm

Imo too many buffs to pulls and brand new pounce on tanky class on destro side which break realm balance esp at small scale which make ppl blob.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Fai

Post#76 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:53 pm

Miaso wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:48 am
TreefAM wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:44 am I like how often order zerglings pretend that their melee deathball doesn't exist
It exists but through stacking one class, which very few guilds can do especially out of EU Prime time. What was the IC score today outside of Eu Prime 7-1 in Des favour? 14% win rate
i wonder why thats is? maybe less organized order players? more pugs?
12man on order with 2 tanks 1 heal and 9 dps and then u wonder why u lose cities?? seriously?
destro would also get stomped in city if they only play magus, dps shaman and rSH in city...

Foofmonger

Post#77 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 pm

I'll say this, threads like this prove that this community needs to really really work on their reading comprehension skills. This thread isn't about Slayers vs Choppas, it's about how both Slayers and Choppas are OP, and ya''ll have been reminded about this on almost every single page.

Every salt warrior who is still talking about "GTDC" and "Rampage" and "ID" being OP, doesn't even understand the point of this thread or what it's about.

iantheace

Post#78 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:48 pm I'll say this, threads like this prove that this community needs to really really work on their reading comprehension skills. This thread isn't about Slayers vs Choppas, it's about how both Slayers and Choppas are OP, and ya''ll have been reminded about this on almost every single page.

Every salt warrior who is still talking about "GTDC" and "Rampage" and "ID" being OP, doesn't even understand the point of this thread or what it's about.
Wow foof, you actually listened to the point i was trying to make - are you on the right forums? :)

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#79 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:33 pm

Miaso wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 am
phononHYPE wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:39 am
witc0m wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:24 am It's getting old to listen to Destro try and downplay how objectively strong GTDC is.

I still stand by what I've said previously: take Rampage away from Slayers and give them a GTDC mirror called "Get to the Beard". I guarantee within 2 weeks Destro will complain so hard about how OP it is that both abilities will be removed from the game.
Please stop saying this. From someone that plays both sides, and there are plenty of us out there, we regularly have to deal with it, and we do just fine. It takes away the initial 1-2s and gives immunity for when you really want it. As a choppa main, I hate when people use GTDC, in almost all situations. On order toons, I love it as I will then have immunity for any real threats. Its certain players I worry, not abilities.
Of course a rr86 main Choppa says it is just fine, i'm sure its also fine if you play a Tank. Any other class and GTDC is not fine at all, it is probably the most toxic ability in the game for light armoured and ranged classes, and yes 95% of Choppas spam this ability as soon as it is available including those in the "big" guilds. But I wouldn't worry, it is too difficult for the Devs to do anything about it now that it is in the game and would take a lot of bravery of them to fix it now as too many people would complain if the easymode aoe melee train effectiveness was reduced.
Perhaps we play at different times, let me introduce myself... this 86 was done mostly solo and with non-meta 2h build. I'm sure I'm a joy when order see me... "yeah! free rr". And I still mostly solo roam. What any of this has to do with GTDC? It means, from Dest POV, I think its crap and hope people don't use it so when I need to KD I can. From my tanks (both sides) POV, I hate it even more as that CC is my primary job outside of guard-bot, and a million crap GTDCs takes a significant part of what I feel is my contribution. Order or ranged classes? Similar, I want to control my CC, not have it handed out willy-nilly.

You sound like you get effected by GTDC often, so, learn to anticipate it like any other CC? That's what I do on any class, heck, just about all classes with a KD open with that, its generally a good move. Blindly giving out immunity is not a good move.

Edit: As the change from 9 to 24 targets was to try to dissuade clumps and zergs, leaving that part as is is fine. The morale thing I think still needs a heavy look at across the board. Scaling the damage back 20% would be nice, as its undefendable but shouldn't be a race to get those aoe-morale-bomb-melting-everything type of game. That is boring. Also, if people still clump up, punish them.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Spellbound

Post#80 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:02 pm

This isn't a Destro or Order problem, it's a CITY problem and not enjoyable for many on either side. End game gear has heavily been in favor of Destro winning 70% of the cities since I started on this server just before LazyPeon.

Even if you remove the 24 cap to 9, everyone will still hate cities equally and 70% wins will still go to Destro due to their synergy.

Here's an image of how broken the City and geared towards Destro have been and why many in our alliance/guild quit the game, rerolled destro, or just login once in a blue moon. At one point Destro had all 3 going:
1: Best Morale Drop/pump combination
2: Overtuned Mara AOE
3: Windblock 75% heal stacking.

Destro had ALL 3 at one time on top of their synergy being better between classes "for city" to where they can bring more Squig Herders vs. Shadow Warriors, more Shaman vs. Archmage, which is a liability to bring an AM for Order but not a liability for Destro as you see 2-3 Shamans in some instances and still easily win.

So far all 3 of the above have gotten nerfed and it's helped a bit, but by now most have quit, given up, got bored, guilds/alliances fragmented on both sides. Destro players have gotten 2-3 Characters in full Sov already in the time it takes Order to get 1- 1 1/2 geared and this is going by Guildies/Alliance members that started playing Destro and within few months already full Sov quick w/ the city wins.

It's not a fluke when city opens, Destro players playing Order to help push a city then will instant swap to Destro as you see their pop always higher for city since this server doesn't have a mechanic in place to have a 90 min lock out AFTER you log out. Just allowed them to push and farm city non-stop to where it's nearly guaranteed a win. I know Dev goals were to have Sov gear be given out slowly, but one side got it way too fast and pushing cities happened too often w/ intentionally playing one side to make the population unbalanced for easy city like 300 vs 100ish.

Point being, oRvR is more balanced than City. Yes, the meta is boring... for CITY. City just needs to be removed IMO or totally reworked, and go back to the original system I brought up in Suggestions when playing on the server that Invader/Royals should just have a rare chance to drop off players from oRvR. Heck that would've probably given out Sov gear much slower than how the city is giving it out right now, but players would still be playing because oRvR is more fun and it would've been more rewarding to kill.

Subject should be changed to: City meta is boring for ROR. I enjoy ROR for oRvR, scenarios and dungeons. Most people log now when cities happen or stopped giving Discord alerts for City. It's boring for both sides.

All these balance changes are done due to city, something that isn't enjoyable. At least definitely for one side.