Recent Topics

Ads

The current meta is making ROR boring

Let's talk about... everything else
kirraha

Re: The current meta is making ROR boring

Post#11 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 am

Choppas did barely exist in organized wbs before they were allowed to waste a tacticslot for 24target. Only roleplayers used them in wbs.

Slayers was sometimes used back then for shattering limbs, but not many used them either except CNTK who had maybe one goid slayer with brains enough to be able to play the class.

I think some tweaking on the balances are needed but no nassive nerfs as yiu are sugesting here.

What I still see is ppl insist on play the worse classes, bad speccs and they play bad aswell. And then thos ppl come and scream on the forums that certain classes need nerf cause they are overperforming.

I farmed TV this whole weekend in duo and solo and ppl rly dont know how to play the game at all. Even ppl who play "good" classes cant play.

How do we fix this do you sugest?

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#12 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:27 am

you dont need 24cap tactic in cities on sl/chop since most good enemies don't provide you with large stacks where you could hit effectively 10-20 targets. Plus slayer has ID, so Choppa would be hit more with this nerf, their AoE tree being already meh apart from ungabunga GTDC spam. (finisher spam is better dmg than Lotsa spam in cities + opens the KD option)
And once you'd have nerfed sl/chop, it would move to the new optimum, WL/mara stacks + 2-3 aoe caster spammers. Then give it 3-5 months and someoen complains about WL/maras, and then you'd go to sorc/magus/bw/engi stacking (once every aoe melee has been gutted lol), and then someone would complain about that state of meta as well. Give it few years and most cities will be 10-15men fighting other 10-15 random pugs where every class does whatever with occasional ST and occasional AoE stacking (assuming enemies make the mistake of piling up)

AoE bombing is direct counter to enemies stacking up. Don't stack up, don't get bombed. Raising cap of aoe from 9 to 24 was one of the better decisions in ROR, simply to punish those who would prefer playing in safety of a blob and assume there were always 9 tanks in the front eating the dmg up, or worse in larger blobs.

Ysaran

Post#13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:27 am

that tactic is trash, no one use it. you can remove it and it will not be missed
Zputadenti

Rekoom

Post#14 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:27 am you dont need 24cap tactic in cities on sl/chop since most good enemies don't provide you with large stacks where you could hit effectively 10-20 targets. Plus slayer has ID, so Choppa would be hit more with this nerf, their AoE tree being already meh apart from ungabunga GTDC spam. (finisher spam is better dmg than Lotsa spam in cities + opens the KD option)
And once you'd have nerfed sl/chop, it would move to the new optimum, WL/mara stacks + 2-3 aoe caster spammers. Then give it 3-5 months and someoen complains about WL/maras, and then you'd go to sorc/magus/bw/engi stacking (once every aoe melee has been gutted lol), and then someone would complain about that state of meta as well. Give it few years and most cities will be 10-15men fighting other 10-15 random pugs where every class does whatever with occasional ST and occasional AoE stacking (assuming enemies make the mistake of piling up)

AoE bombing is direct counter to enemies stacking up. Don't stack up, don't get bombed. Raising cap of aoe from 9 to 24 was one of the better decisions in ROR, simply to punish those who would prefer playing in safety of a blob and assume there were always 9 tanks in the front eating the dmg up, or worse in larger blobs.
That's a little easier said than done. Spreading works when you can apply pressure from a spread position (rDPS) otherwise it is just delaying the inevitable as a tight group mows down your spreaded players.

A Slayer ball is like a porcupine, you leave the encounter with some quills in your nose.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Acidic

Post#15 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:52 am

Current game meta is boring, have also been seriously considering taking a break from the game (unfortunate as I do love the game, just not how it is now)

Think the last nerf to moral without giving those moral dropping classes anything in return and boosting the Choppa /slayer to hit 24 has resulted in 5his shift

TreefAM

Post#16 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:48 am

kirraha wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 am Choppas did barely exist in organized wbs before they were allowed to waste a tacticslot for 24target. Only roleplayers used them in wbs.

Slayers was sometimes used back then for shattering limbs, but not many used them either except CNTK who had maybe one goid slayer with brains enough to be able to play the class.

I think some tweaking on the balances are needed but no nassive nerfs as yiu are sugesting here.

What I still see is ppl insist on play the worse classes, bad speccs and they play bad aswell. And then thos ppl come and scream on the forums that certain classes need nerf cause they are overperforming.

I farmed TV this whole weekend in duo and solo and ppl rly dont know how to play the game at all. Even ppl who play "good" classes cant play.

How do we fix this do you sugest?
What are you talking about, Slayers were always good, it's just that the usual order BW meta died the moment it hit city, the bw bomb warbands weren't hard to counter in Orvr either, but it's just that they could farm pugs even when outnumberd 3-1 easily. The LOL 24 cap on a filler ability tactic that I doubt anyone uses didn't change anything, hell cities were already full of slayers (and to a lesser degree choppas, since unlike slayers, you can't stack choppas, you need maras/msh to make choppa wbs work)
Both of these classes were useful before, but in the case of slayers, like I previously said, people only THEN realized that the usual, "spread spead spead, ok, 1 2 3 bomb" doesn't work anymore. Even if you make that tactic hit 3 targets instead of 9, people will still stack slayers do to how much pressure you can put out with ID and a combited retribution channel under rampage.

nat3s

Post#17 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:27 am

Current WB meta is stale.

I'd also add, the current solo roaming meta is similarly stale:

DPS AM / DPS Shaman > All

So many people cheese the above (including me) as they're miles ahead of any other class in 1v1. It's been this way for such a long time that it's boring. No variety. Live felt better for 1v1 play.

WH / WE are ok, SM, def mag, def engi, WL, aSW can do ok too, but AM/Sham is just lightyears ahead.

AP drain needs to interrupt detaunt + needs toning down a bit, if you use it on CD with a detaunt, your enemy literally has no chance.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

xruptor

Post#18 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:42 am

kirraha wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 am
So they should just remove those "worse classes" from the game and force everyone to play the "meta" classes or "good classes"? I mean just delete them from the character selection screen. If anything on their "bad specs" gray them out in game so folks can't go down that spec. Then again it depends on what classes you define as "worse classes". What you consider "worse classes" may not be what everyone else considers "worse classes". What's the point in having those other classes if they are as terrible as you claim.

I mean, I might as well just toss all the classes that I find fun and enjoyable because they don't fit the current meta. Not everything revolves around the meta and not everything is define to just a select few classes. Those classes exist and they have reasons for being in the game, they just aren't as optimized as they should be in their current form. Which means yes they need to be buffed and others nerfed. Otherwise, again what is the point in having them in the character selection screen in the first place.
Last edited by xruptor on Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#19 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:58 am

...or just stop quequeing City Sieges once you get gear, problem solved.

Manatikik

Post#20 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:16 pm

So pretty much the only people with ‘issues’ with the current meta are all the people who did considerably worse after they nerfed ez
Morale drop meta. People just want an easy I Win Button apparently.
<Montague><Capulet>